What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R1 | Sat | Raiders 19-24 Storm | Canberra

Round 1 result: Raiders v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Can mods please ban PouPou (and most Eels fans) from posting in any Canberra Raiders related threads? Every thread related to the Raiders he enters, it becomes derailed and he attempts to spearhead anti-Dugan shit everywhere.

Sounds like you now know what it feels like to support a club that has Jarryd Hayne on its roster. I hope you're enjoying it.

lol@dugan

northwest9

Juniors
Am I the only one who thinks the canberra forward pack should be doin much more than they do?

Shillington, TLL tilse etc, they are physically huge blokes, and hugely overpaid, but that's another matter, for blokes of thier physical stature, they seemed to jut hit the line and drop last night, no leg drive.

Personally I thought the no name forwards of the storm handled themselves quite well against a pack as highly rated as Canberra's.

I reckon they need to learn to run like they want to go thru the line, not just too the line

Y2Eel

First Grade
Can mods please ban PouPou (and most Eels fans) from posting in any Canberra Raiders related threads? Every thread related to the Raiders he enters, it becomes derailed and he attempts to spearhead anti-Dugan shit everywhere. Just becomes boring and monotonous. I don't care if this means Raiders fans get banned from Parramatta related threads, as to be fair, we don't give a shit about your club and thus wouldn't affect us.

Then why even created these threads if you ban the only people that post in them? May as well delete the raiders forum too

Pokemon80

Juniors
Am I the only one who thinks the canberra forward pack should be doin much more than they do?

Shillington, TLL tilse etc, they are physically huge blokes, and hugely overpaid, but that's another matter, for blokes of thier physical stature, they seemed to jut hit the line and drop last night, no leg drive.

Personally I thought the no name forwards of the storm handled themselves quite well against a pack as highly rated as Canberra's.

I reckon they need to learn to run like they want to go thru the line, not just too the line

Shilington didn't play too bad.

skeepe

Immortal

5 best forwards for each team in terms of run metres:

Shillington 133m
Fensom 123m
White 118m
TLL 94m
Tilse 92m

Manu 100m
Norrie 88m
Hoffman 84m
Bromwich 74m
Vave 60m

If you think the Canberra pack didn't do enough, I'd love to know what you consider enough, particularly since you go on to rap the Melbourne pack, who stats show weren't even half as effective as the Raiders were.

Raider_69

Post Whore
the raiders forward pack dominated the storm
as well they should have

fensom, white, tilse, shillington and tilse all rolled over the advantage line pretty easily. We went down by two tries early and in those conditions there was never going to be an easy fix for that, the reason we worked out way back into the game and in fact earnt the right to lead the game and win it was because of the dominance our forwards had, as said previously the only thing keeping the melbourne pack contesting was the poor officiating of the ruck

northwest9

Juniors
5 best forwards for each team in terms of run metres:

Shillington 133m
Fensom 123m
White 118m
TLL 94m
Tilse 92m

Manu 100m
Norrie 88m
Hoffman 84m
Bromwich 74m
Vave 60m

If you think the Canberra pack didn't do enough, I'd love to know what you consider enough, particularly since you go on to rap the Melbourne pack, who stats show weren't even half as effective as the Raiders were.

i wasnt knocking the raiders pack as such, just expected more against a no name pack, there is easily more than a million dollars in the three props (white, pillow, and TLL)

i expected them to be far more effective against the probably 500k across the entire front row at the storm

and as for effective, the storm pack did the job allowing the spine to do its job. they were hardly embaressed, besides, i reckon the melbourne back line was far more involved that canberras.

the storm did 3 hitups and then went to the back line, the raiders use thier pack much more hence the higher numbers.

Last edited:

northwest9

Juniors
the raiders forward pack dominated the storm
as well they should have

fensom, white, tilse, shillington and tilse all rolled over the advantage line pretty easily. We went down by two tries early and in those conditions there was never going to be an easy fix for that, the reason we worked out way back into the game and in fact earnt the right to lead the game and win it was because of the dominance our forwards had, as said previously the only thing keeping the melbourne pack contesting was the poor officiating of the ruck

now now skeepe, your halves and fullback werent up to it, not the refs

skeepe

Immortal
That wasn't me. But this is. R69 is 100% correct. The Storm were having a nap half the time, and I don't think there was a single play that Cameron Smith or Ryan Hoffman were actually onside.

We were promised a crackdown on the wrestle, but if anything they were more lenient than usual. It was ridiculous.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Good teams transcend refereeing mistakes

The fact is the Raiders had more than enough ball and field position to beat Melbourne but failed to capitalise.

northwest9

Juniors
That wasn't me. But this is. R69 is 100% correct. The Storm were having a nap half the time, and I don't think there was a single play that Cameron Smith or Ryan Hoffman were actually onside.

We were promised a crackdown on the wrestle, but if anything they were more lenient than usual. It was ridiculous.

i know it wasnt you, but blaming the referee instead of your teams inability is very much your strong point.

even the bell end behind me at the game began to suggest that the ref wasnt so bad. in saying that, im pretty convinced that many raiders fans dont actually go to the game to watch the football, instead they go to scream personal attacks at the opposition players and refs.

to some of them, its almost like opposition players have somehow wronged them because they play for someone else.

ridiculous really

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Oh come now Melbourne are disgraceful in the ruck. It's not even questionable that if a ref gives them an inch they will take a mile. Even if good teams overcome bad refs its hard for a big side like the raiders to overcome such cheating in the rucks.

Do you even watch the storm play.

Lowdown

Juniors
Sorry if this has been mentioned, but I was confused: But did Campese get a head knock early on and wake up as Hooker?

I've never seen a 5/8 play so much dummy half in a game. But as a dummy half he still sucked and ran for a total of 4m (!).

I thought the point was to let your Hooker pass it to your so you can attack the defensive line and create options for your outside men. Not stand behind the play the ball and provide a simple pass to a forward. Then complain to the ref for EVERY SINGLE BLOODY THING.

The guys a tool.

northwest9

Juniors
Oh come now Melbourne are disgraceful in the ruck. It's not even questionable that if a ref gives them an inch they will take a mile. Even if good teams overcome bad refs its hard for a big side like the raiders to overcome such cheating in the rucks.

A smart well coached team would learn to play the ref, if the ref is allowing the ruck to be slow, then take advantage. It's not cheating, it's playing the whistle, your team were simply outplayed.

Yes, the storm slow the play down, but your geniused if you think no other team doesn't try as well.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Hmm lost to the best team in the comp after leading with a few minutes on the clock. You muppets act like we got smashed.

Not sure what some of you expected from Campese when it's p*ssing down rain and it's his first full game in a year and a half.

Love Parra fans bagging us when they were atrocious the other night too. Atrocious.

Lowdown

Juniors

Don't let stats get in the way of your emotive whining now:

Source: http://live.nrlstats.com/matches/nrl/match12959.html

Canberra Play the Balls (155)

Slow 15%
Normal 75%
Fast 10%

Melbourne Play the Balls (138)
Slow 20%
Normal 70%
Fast 10%

Maybe its the Storm that should be whinging? Anyhow, not sure if you noticed, but most of the times the Raiders fans were booing calling for a penalty, the Raiders player had committed a surrender tackle. Clearly audible on TV but of course - not to the crowd.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Don't let stats get in the way of your emotive whining now:

Source: http://live.nrlstats.com/matches/nrl/match12959.html

Canberra Play the Balls (155)

Slow 15%
Normal 75%
Fast 10%

Melbourne Play the Balls (138)
Slow 20%
Normal 70%
Fast 10%

Maybe its the Storm that should be whinging? Anyhow, not sure if you noticed, but most of the times the Raiders fans were booing calling for a penalty, the Raiders player had committed a surrender tackle. Clearly audible on TV but of course - not to the crowd.

:lol: i didnt even know they kept stats like that. and now that ive seen then, im not sure they should. Watch the game, and tell me if you believe those stats. For either side

Pete Cash

Post Whore
its like an alien robot trying to talk about NRL. beep boop i calculated X amount of slow tackles beep boop when just watching the game you can see melbourne wrestle away.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
It's a pretty stupid stat. Completely up to the guy watching the game.

Would need to need to indicate which were a result of dominant tackles to be relevant too.

Latest posts