What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R17 | Sun | Rabbitohs 38-12 Panthers | ANZ

Round 17 result: Rabbitohs v Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BunniesMan

Immortal
Taylor and Burgess will be in the team.

I thought we had enough without those two. With them the TAB has us as the second shortest price favourites of the week.

AnfieldIron

Juniors
Many years under shit coaches. Just 12 months under a good coach while we develop a real five eighth. Luke Keary is a big talent we have coming through, he'll wear the #6 next year.

Sutton is a solid lock playing in a #6 jersey. Inglis is our five eighth in the oppositions 20.

Mate, you are kidding if you think Luke Keary will be the first grade 5/8th next season. He's played about 10 games of Toyota Cup, if that.

Burgess & Taylor to play on Sunday now, and maybe Pettybourne as well. Souths by 22.

BranVan3000

Coach
Mate, you are kidding if you think Luke Keary will be the first grade 5/8th next season. He's played about 10 games of Toyota Cup, if that.

Burgess & Taylor to play on Sunday now, and maybe Pettybourne as well. Souths by 22.

He has only just started Toyota Cup because he was recruited from the Queensland Cup competition where he was playing successfully in an open age bracket. He has been promoted to NSW Cup now too, and should spend most of the rest of the year there now. He is only a year younger than Adam Reynolds, and Maguire has developed a high opinion of him

AnfieldIron

Juniors
He has only just started Toyota Cup because he was recruited from the Queensland Cup competition where he was playing successfully in an open age bracket. He has been promoted to NSW Cup now too, and should spend most of the rest of the year there now. He is only a year younger than Adam Reynolds, and Maguire has developed a high opinion of him

Put me on record as saying he won't be the first grade 5/8th.

A second year halfback and a first year 5/8th as the halves pairing? Not going to happen.

BranVan3000

Coach
Put me on record as saying he won't be the first grade 5/8th.

A second year halfback and a first year 5/8th as the halves pairing? Not going to happen.

We'll see. I don't think it'll be rushed to happen, but if he earns his spot then he'll be given it. He definitely looks talented. I think he'll need to gain a little bulk in the off season and some time at Norths first

You do realise last year's Premiers were a first year halfback and second year 5/8? And the Grand Finalists too

AnfieldIron

Juniors
We'll see. I don't think it'll be rushed to happen, but if he earns his spot then he'll be given it. He definitely looks talented. I think he'll need to gain a little bulk in the off season and some time at Norths first

You do realise last year's Premiers were a first year halfback and second year 5/8? And the Grand Finalists too

James Maloney's a 2nd year 5/8th?

I'll give you the Eagles, but such a youthful combination having that kind of success would be extremely rare.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Last years grand finalist halves was a 1st year and 2nd year combo against a 1st year and 3rd year combo.

If Keary has a good preseason and performs well in the trials, he'll be lining up besides Reynolds in round 1. Keary is the reason we stopped our interest in Finch. Maguire obviously doesn't think he is far off or he would have signed Finch for the short term.

Vic Mackey

Referee
If souffs are serious this year they should beat penrith by 40

Looking forward to seeing how the young penrith halves go, both look like real footy players

Grapple

Bench
Put some money on Sharks and Souths this weekend. Both two teams I never back, but given their opposition and/or missing players hopefully they both get up. In all honesty there's no good reason why Souths shouldn't go out and punish Penrith.

you're utter rubbish every day...

"No five-eighth runs the ball more in 2012 than Sutton, who is taking on the line 10.3 times a match for an average gain of almost 80 metres.
Adding weight to his threat, he has made the third-most offloads by a No.6" Source: http://www.nrl.com/rabbitohs-v-panth...5/default.aspx

Sutton v J.Reynolds Round 16 Stats:
Sutton- 48 receives 10 runs (64m) 1 try assist 28 tackles 1 offload 1 error
J.Reynolds- 27 receives 4 runs (38m) 1 try assist 1 tackle break 26 tackles 2 errors 1 penalty conceded
Source: nrlstats.com

Sutton>Reynolds especially considering Sutton's stats were achieved in a side that had only 39% posession as opposed to the bullturds 46%.

:crazy::crazy:

Lol Are you really that stupid ?

Firstly you're comparing a second season(first season as a permanent in the starting squad) rookie to a guy thats been in FG for a while. Secondly you're comparing them over one round. Finally you're comparing these two players as if both of our teams play the same style of football, our halves are our forward pack fwiw.