What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R7 | Sun | Panthers v Tigers | Centrebet

Round 7 result: Panthers v Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clifferd

Coach
Tigers aren't playing all that well but are doing just enough to be leading 18-0 at half time

lockyno1

Post Whore
This is the issue having a halfback who knows only one way to score- off a kick and a five eighth who is a utility at best, you have no points in your team.

Pugzley

Archer is being a mongoloid in the highest order. That and we're making a couple of silly errors. The fix is in for the Tigers today.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Some idiot has bet $26,644 at $1.05 on the Tigers at halftime.

I don't understand bets like that. You might as well put the money in the bank and get a similar amount of interest.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Archer is being a mongoloid in the highest order. That and we're making a couple of silly errors. The fix is in for the Tigers today.

Blame the ref hey...lol nothing about letting Wade Graham go when you have 2 spuds in the halves!:lol:

pantherz9103

First Grade
Penrith continue to embarass their fans. I know the lineup is poor but still can't even score a point in 2 hours + of footy...

Munky

Coach
Some idiot has bet $26,644 at $1.05 on the Tigers at halftime.

I don't understand bets like that. You might as well put the money in the bank and get a similar amount of interest.

Where is this bank that pays compound interest at 5% every 40 minutes?

My excel spreadsheet crapped itself trying to work out the annualised return.

For comparison if you compounded at 5% every 40 minutes for a 24 hour period you would have $5.79 by the end of the day.

You may not understand bets, but you have NFI about finance...

EDITED caused I screwed up the initial calculation.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Penrith continue to embarass their fans. I know the lineup is poor but still can't even score a point in 2 hours + of footy...
Going towards 170 minutes now.

If Penrith finish the game scoreless they will be 1 minute short of 3 hours without scoring.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Where is this bank that pays compound interest at 5% every 40 minutes?

My excel spreadsheet crapped itself trying to work out the annualised return.

For comparison if you compounded at 5% every 40 minutes for a 24 hour period you would have $18.68 by the end of the day.

You may not understand bets, but you have NFI about finance...
Obviously you're not in a position to make a $1.05 bet every 40 minutes.

And teams have come back from 18 down at halftime in the past, it's not impossible. Essentially 0% risk by putting that 26k in the bank.

My point was what is the point of risking such a massive amount of money for such a small relative return when you could make the same amount (a little more slowly) with 0 risk in a bank.