What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R8 | Sat | Rabbitohs 20-16 Cowboys | ANZ

Round 8 result: Rabbitohs v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2012teams-sou-main.jpg

1. Greg Inglis 2. Andrew Everingham 3. Matt King 4. Dylan Farrell 5. Chris McQueen 6. John Sutton 7. Adam Reynolds
8. Scott Geddes 9. Issac Luke 10. Dave Tyrrell 11. Eddy Pettybourne 12. Dave Taylor 13. Michael Crocker

Interchange: 14. Jason Clark 15. Ben Lowe 16. Neccrom Areaiiti 17. Josh Starling 18. Shaune Corrigan 19. Nathan Merritt

2012teams-nql-alt.jpg

1. Matthew Bowen 2. Ashley Graham 3. Brent Tate 4. Antonio Winterstein 5. Kalifa Faifai Loa 6. Johnathan Thurston (c) 7. Ray Thompson
8. Ashton Sims 9. Aaron Payne 10. James Tamou 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Tariq Sims 13. Dallas Johnson

Interchange: 14. James Segeyaro 15. Glenn Hall 16. Ricky Thorby 17. Jason Taumalolo

2012ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Steve Lyons and Henry Perenara
Sideline Officials: Dave Abood and Gavin West
Video Referee: Rod Lawrence

Related matches
Toyota Cup R8 :: Rabbitohs v Cowboys @ ANZ, Sat 5:15pm
VB NSW Cup R9 :: Cronulla Sharks (CRO, MEL) v North Sydney Bears (SOU) @ Henson Park, Sat 1:00pm
QRL ISC R7 :: Mackay Cutters (NQL) v CQ Capras (BRI) @ Virgin Australia Stadium, Fri 7:00pm
QRL ISC R7 :: Northern Pride (NQL) v Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles @ Barlow Park, Sat 5:30pm

nrl12-r8sounql.jpg

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Cowgirls can't travel. The break came at the perfect time for us. Merritt is back to replace our worst player (Corrigan). We're due for a win. We're gunna kill them. We got this.

Souths by 18.

blaza88z

Coach
Cowgirls can't travel. The break came at the perfect time for us. Merritt is back to replace our worst player (Corrigan). We're due for a win. We're gunna kill them. We got this.

Souths by 18.

:lol:

Congratulations to North QLD on a well earnt win.

BDR

First Grade

Souths by 18.

LOL@Dunniesman
LOL@S(c)uff$

Quoted for posterity. Us by 13+

EvolutionUber

Juniors

Souths by 18.
Thats great and all but cows haven't lost an away game this year in fact they are 3/3 away and 1/4 at home.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Thats great and all but cows haven't lost an away game this year in fact they are 3/3 away and 1/4 at home.
Out of their away wins they only have one win worth boasting about (Broncos). And that was round 2. If you're going to play an elite team you'd want to play them the first fortnight.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Thurston's warming into the season. The Rabbits have no forwards. Cowboys by 20.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Thurston's warming into the season. The Rabbits have no forwards. Cowboys by 20.
They are LWLW the last month. Their last 2 weeks include getting belted by a good team and belting a shit team. How is that "warming" into anything?

People have made the mistake of confusing his rep form with impending club form many times. He's not passing to Inglis and Slater and Cronk when he plays for the Cowboys.

BunniesMan

Immortal
They have a superior half when they play every team except Melbourne and Manly. They don't win all those games.

Their forward pack is tremendously overrated.

blaza88z

Coach
That shit team they belted.. kind of beat your team.. they belted this shit team in Darwin, did they not?

That puts to rest your "can't travel" theory, their forwards aren't over-rated.. what a stupid comment to make. I fail to see how you can be so blind to facts that you can be supremely confident about a Souths win by 20 and actually believe it will happen without a shadow of a doubt and this isn't just this game, it's every week. I would LOVE to see you in a tipping comp, you'd have to be near last.

That is why people don't like you, you're too unrealistic for anyone to believe you're a real person. If you think you're being realistic, well I advise you to get a wrench and smack yourself in the throat with it, because you're an idiot.

BDR

First Grade
So let me get this straight:

Dunniesman: We will beat the Cowboys because they cannot travel!

Rational person: We haven't lost away from home all year

Dunniesman: Then we will beat the Cowboys because they haven't beaten anyone away from home worth beating except for the Broncos and that was a long time ago and because the Cowboys have patchy form even though they're above us on the ladder and because their forward pack is overrated!

BunniesMan

Immortal
That shit team they belted.. kind of beat your team.. they belted this shit team in Darwin, did they not?

That puts to rest your "can't travel" theory, their forwards aren't over-rated.. what a stupid comment to make. I fail to see how you can be so blind to facts that you can be supremely confident about a Souths win by 20 and actually believe it will happen without a shadow of a doubt and this isn't just this game, it's every week. I would LOVE to see you in a tipping comp, you'd have to be near last.

That is why people don't like you, you're too unrealistic for anyone to believe you're a real person. If you think you're being realistic, well I advise you to get a wrench and smack yourself in the throat with it, because you're an idiot.
34 correct tips so far. I'm coming 9/50 in the tipping comp I'm in.

FWIW, I didn't tip Souths to win against Melbourne or New Zealand.

So the only Souths games I've gotten wrong so far are Brisbane and Easts. We were a combined 20 odd minutes from winning both of those.
So let me get this straight:

Dunniesman: We will beat the Cowboys because they cannot travel!

Rational person: We haven't lost away from home all year

Dunniesman: Then we will beat the Cowboys because they haven't beaten anyone away from home worth beating except for the Broncos and that was a long time ago and because the Cowboys have patchy form even though they're above us on the ladder and because their forward pack is overrated!
:clap:
Fairly accurate summary mate.

And you could hardly call the Easts game a true away game, even if they were a good team.

I wonder who is more at home in Darwin, a Townsville based team or a Sydney based team. Especially with the weather and temperature.

Last edited:

Cowboys woo

Juniors
If Matt Scott returns, we should kill the Bunnies. Got a decent away record this year including a win over the Broncos (who else has beat them this year?) AND it was away from home... we're a different team this year, although we've started the year indifferently... but comps aren't won in March and April

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
If scotty returns and pumps out a 150+m avg game we will have this one. Aside from our biggest ever victory awhile ago we never see to seem to be able to pile it on against 5(c)uff$ regardless of the form guides.

Tariq will be buzzing after the weekend. Will be fired up to nail an origin birth and between hima nd coops have a handy pair of fringe runners that are dangerous running off JT close to the line.

Standard 5(c)uff$ game, absolutely dominate but somehow only win by 4

Latest posts