What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | CHARITY SHIELD | Fri 22 Feb | Dragons 10-28 Rabbitohs | ANZ

Charity Shield winner: Rabbitohs v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saint Doc

Coach
Ronnie yes that should be a tactic against Inglis in a Premiership match! Not in a trial!! You want match fitness, communication...you want to see where your deficiencies are. Kicking for touch would be counter productive

Lucky Roy

Juniors
George Burgess is developing quite well. As for the class difference, I believe R.Dobbs has slightly rose coloured glasses. Until the players started going on and off, the class difference was pretty stark. St-Gill forwards were being overwhelmed. I think they have some big problems off the field. How are they going financially?

Liddell

Juniors
Nailed it re Inglis. He must get dominated once every 100 times he is tackled. He almost always gets a penalty or a quick PTB

Probably would have been a good tactic when he first moved to FB to tire him out, but in the shape he is now you want the ball as far away from him as possible.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Probably would have been a good tactic when he first moved to FB to tire him out, but in the shape he is now you want the ball as far away from him as possible.

Exactly. He's a beast. Keep the f**king thing away from him with space. If you can bring him up against a set line, hes still GI, but he looks more like a mortal.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
George Burgess is developing quite well. As for the class difference, I believe R.Dobbs has slightly rose coloured glasses. Until the players started going on and off, the class difference was pretty stark. St-Gill forwards were being overwhelmed. I think they have some big problems off the field. How are they going financially?

I was more getting at the individuals across the park.

Souths were certainly a class above in the preparation and coaching stakes and that flowed on to the field. Your boys are a settled line up in a Premiership Window. We are a basket case as a unit and have been for the last 1 1/2 seasons.

But, yes, the class difference between the two teams was evident as you said. I agree, but wasn;t the context I was getting at.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Ronnie yes that should be a tactic against Inglis in a Premiership match! Not in a trial!! You want match fitness, communication...you want to see where your deficiencies are. Kicking for touch would be counter productive

Fair enough mate. I see your point, but we didn't need to kick it to GI all night to see where our deficiencies are.

We are a rabble at present. Those games are needed to build confidence. Basically enabling Inglis to reem you without lube all night is counter productive on that basis.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The end result isn't that important. I didn't expect to win so I'm not about to go on and on as if it means we're now unbeatable.

What matters more than the final score of a trial is the things you learn from it.

I believe Greg Inglis will be established as the best player on the planet by the end of the season. Lets not forget as fantastic as he was last year, he did not spend the preseason training as a fullback. This year he has. That will make him even better.