What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | CHARITY SHIELD | Fri 22 Feb | Dragons 10-28 Rabbitohs | ANZ

Charity Shield winner: Rabbitohs v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Diesel

Referee
Flicked over to the cricket,

flick back and wabbits in again

28-10 Souffs

ps. Clarke close to a ton, Henriques 58no on debut

OT not bad at all for Aust.

Souths going up another gear as it was expected. Should be another top 4 year for them

skeepe

Immortal
Was directed at the two bickering schoolgirls.

Not you. The strip was a harsh call.

Just to clear it up, because I'm only watching the game now, the strip call was not harsh, it was 100% correct.

Yes, Vidot had dropped off. But because Drinkwater and Vidot were in there together at some stage in the tackle, it's a 2 man tackle. One player subsequently dropping off doesnt change that.
The only way it would become a one man tackle again would be if both players dropped off and one of them came again.

That's been the interpretation for a number of years now.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Just to clear it up, because I'm only watching the game now, the strip call was not harsh, it was 100% correct.

Yes, Vidot had dropped off. But because Drinkwater and Vidot were in there together at some stage in the tackle, it's a 2 man tackle. One player subsequently dropping off doesnt change that.
The only way it would become a one man tackle again would be if both players dropped off and one of them came again.

That's been the interpretation for a number of years now.
You're 100% correct. Personally I don't like the interpretation of the rule. But thems the breaks.
Both sides were pretty ordinary, but we are dead set gonnnnnne if that's the attacking "structure" Price has been working so hard on over the pre season...

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I honestly don't think there's much of a class difference between the sides based on last night (Inglis obviously the exception), but there's a clear gap between the quality of the coaches and preparation.

Souths will have another good year. Not premiership winners for mine, but certainly Top 4 contenders.

Saints have a long winter coming up and face a cross roads as a club at present.

Just on a few things -

Soward - Beat it.
Vidot - Could be the worst centre I've ever seen.
Price - Clearly not up to it as a coach.

Inglis - why the f**k do opposing teams not kick in to touch when playing against him? Are you not better off kicking it in to touch for a 30 metre gain than kicking it 50 metres to him and him making 30m on the return against a staggered line, setting up Souths on the front foot and allowing him to play to his strengths?

He's too f**king good as it is. Why not try and take the ball away from him? NSW did the same last year. Plain stupid.

Last edited:

slammingsam

Juniors
Nailed it re Inglis. He must get dominated once every 100 times he is tackled. He almost always gets a penalty or a quick PTB