What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | R1 | Fri | Broncos 14-22 Sea Eagles | Suncorp

Round 1: Broncos v Sea Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
For f**k sake this is a joke... why the hell is Tom Waterhouse on the post match show, and why have they spent the whole time talking about horse racing.

user_nat

Coach
For f**k sake this is a joke... why the hell is Tom Waterhouse on the post match show, and why have they spent the whole time talking about horse racing.

Long post game show with nothing to do with game before it. Sounds like a good way to kill ratings (since they are the average of the entire broadcast).

Cletus

First Grade

It's either because he's an excellent post game analysist or he's paying a lot of money to act as though he's part of the Nine analysis team. I'm sure you can figure it out.

gypsy

Bench
Convinced that McCullough was robbed a try. Watmough was intentionally involved after being so obviously offside. Directly prevented a try - should have been a Penalty Try.

firechild

First Grade
Matai was huge tonight, outplayed Hodges who was comfortably Brisbane's best. Always nice getting a win to start the year and even better when it's away and against Brisbane. Lawrence and Fa'aoso were fantastic, Gower, not so much. Looking promising for the season ahead.

blaza88z

Coach
Manly targetted Maranta on the wing, his inexperience in the position cost us a few tries, staying back too deep

Watmough definitely committed a professional foul and should of been sin binned at minimum

Yes we comfortably won the penalty count (I think) but we also made a shitload of errors and didn't deserve to win the game for that reason, if we can cut out the errors and add a bit more variety to our attack and given some of the players we have that should not be too hard of a thing to achieve then I think we can play some good footy but tonight was abysmal

If it continues for too long I fear for Griffin's future

no name

Coach
Well that was certainly deflating.

Good win by the Sea Eagles in the end. Thought they showed some good signs in the first half despite Brisbane finishing on top of them. Foran/DCE reminded everybody how good they can be tonight and they completely out-lasted Brisbane all across the paddock. Very clinical and professional display from Manly.

Not going to completely rip on the Broncos just yet. There were some good signs there but thought they just tried playing too side to side. Also need to re-think their defensive formation, way too many liabilites paired together and it made it way too easy for a side like Manly.

Still, that Maranta try alone was well worth the experience. A lot of fun that.

With Prince in the side? Never.

no name

Coach
Manly targetted Maranta on the wing, his inexperience in the position cost us a few tries, staying back too deep

Watmough definitely committed a professional foul and should of been sin binned at minimum

Yes we comfortably won the penalty count (I think) but we also made a shitload of errors and didn't deserve to win the game for that reason, if we can cut out the errors and add a bit more variety to our attack and given some of the players we have that should not be too hard of a thing to achieve then I think we can play some good footy but tonight was abysmal

If it continues for too long I fear for Griffin's future

Griffin's pus, should have stuck with Henjak.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Henjack was definitely shafted. I wouldn't be writing Griffin off after one game though. Particularly since he doesn't have anywhere near the cattle of past Broncos teams.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
What the hell is wrong with Jack Reed? Towards the end of the first half he looked like he had played three SOOs one after the other. Very unfit for a back it seems.

The new recruits for Manly all went well except for Gower. Send him back to the Dragons or the 80s England cricket team FFS!

Matai had about the best game I've seen him play for the Eagles. Showed confidence and backed himself all night.

Broncos look unfit and lathargic, it's affecting their mobility. Wallace has plateaued. Hasn't changed in 3 seasons.

reanimate

Bench
Looks like we've bought well again without breaking the bank. Lawrence was immense, great pickup. Gower, not so much. Great to see a double from Matai too. :cool:

Spot On

Coach
It's easy to say the Broncs are stuffed at the end of round 1, it's also stupid.

That said, they have little quality in that side outside Hodges and Hannant. If Hodges is out they are absolutely farked going on what they showed tonight. They would have been kept to two points.

nomis88

Juniors
Gee the Matai knockers were quite in the second half, MATAI > Hodges, Great game DCE. The experts keep saying Manly have no depth, we have much more depth than last year, these experts know nothing as usual.

Latest posts