What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | R1 | Sat | Bulldogs 12-24 Cowboys | Bluetongue

Round 1: Bulldogs v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chrisD

Coach
And that ball was fine. If soccer linesmen can get offsides right 9 out of 10 our touchies should be able to get forward passes right.

Lol Keating.

Sleep

Juniors
The Bulldogs desperately need some halves. The end to their sets has been really, really average. Without Barba they have zero spark.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Seems to be the same issue as last year for the dogs. When the game is on the line and they need a big play from the halves, they fail to deliver.

Didn't look like scoring in the second half.

Btw how good a job did Linnett do on trex!?! I really think he is next in line for nsw center after jennings/morris

How shit is Williams? Buying him, and for so much money, could be one of the worst decisions they could have made. Every time he gets it he kills the play. He actually lines tacklers up so he can run into them.

IanG

Coach
Also in commentary they said Scott Moore was the first Englishman to play for the Cowboys. I take it Johnothan Davis isn't counted as such. Yeah I know he's Welsh but non the less

BDR

First Grade
Well considering that Wales isn't part of England, no I guess he isn't counted.

Great to get the first W on the board, Dogs need something or someone to boost their attack, both their tries were extremely fortunate IMO.

Charlie124

First Grade
Very happy with the result, game was a little scrappy in parts but expected for the first match of the season. Scott Moore didn't show a whole lot IMO but ill reserve further judgement for a few weeks. Linnett and Tate were outstanding tonight, each saved our skins on a few occasions. Bowen had a few nice touches but otherwise had a fairly quiet game by his standards. Our forwards were outstanding overall without any one player shining above the rest.

On the dogs, T-Rex deadset needs to give his money back... Did anyone else realise tonight that the term "we'll contained" always seems to be thrown about by commentators with him. The halves lacked any creativity or direction and they reaaaaaaally missed barba tonight.

Danny-Boy

Juniors
How shit is Williams? Buying him, and for so much money, could be one of the worst decisions they could have made. Every time he gets it he kills the play. He actually lines tacklers up so he can run into them.

Also noticed how good Manly was on both sides of the field without him. For $650,000 you would expect more. They would have been better off putting that money towards a quality half.

Latest posts