What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | R1 | Sun | Panthers 32-10 Raiders | Centrebet

Round 1: Panthers v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raider_69

Post Whore
It's round one you clowns :lol:

Way too early to get the nooses out or start yahooing that a team isnt very good

mxlegend99

Referee
The crazy thing is that after this game the bottom two teams from last season are sitting at the opposite end of the ladder. Wooden spooners in first, second last in second. The Storm game looks likely to change that... and obviously after a month of footy it won't be close to that. But for two of the wooden spoon favorites it's a good start to the season.

Panthers looked very unpolished out there, and with our time in the Raiders 20 should have scored a lot more points. But it was great to see them trying so hard to create different things. Resulted in some errors, but is probably also the only reason we scored enough points to win. If we played it safe we just don't have the players to grind out a win.

murraymob

Coach
Parra looked better then Penrith,we own Western Sydney Luke Walsh

you played the warriors at night hardly compares to a hot afternoon game.Your forwards would not have lasted 10 minutes in the heat today.You own 1 thing a wooden spoon

anjado

Juniors
Thought we played okay, Coote was awful at five eighth and our last play options were generally poor. I thought all the new signings did well and we defended well,McKendry had his best game for a year too so that is good.

Raiders were very poor to be honest but should get better.

Typical first round game both teams should get better as the season goes on

Raider_69

Post Whore
TBH i dont think Penrith did anthing special
they played smart, safe and committed football and comprehensive out played a team that lacked energy and certain individuals were guilting of being very selfish and dumb

Well deserved winners but i think Penrith fans will want to see a bit more potency in attack. Given the possession, they should have put 40-50 points on us

sydraider

First Grade
Penrith should have been up by 24 at half time. Had enough posession in our 20 in both halves to win by 50. Well in to them anyways, were more agressive in defense.

Sandor cost us 12 points, I fear his efforts last season will be flash in the pan like. he did do a coupleo f good things but for the most part was terrible.

No urgency, looked garbage, yup its the staqrt of the season alright and we are being true to form bahahaha.

As 69 said, its round 1 no need to get carried away.

Caged Panther

First Grade
A win is a win and I'll take it and there were some positive signs for the Panthers along with some worrying ones.

Biggest concern is Walsh and Coote were absolutely horrible for 95% of the day how many times did they try to put it through the hands on the last, though I am not actually sure they knew it was the last.

On the positive sign new probably the three biggest of our new recruits performed well with Manu and Segyaro really adding something to the sign while Whare was solid. Naiquama shouldn't be in first grade and our attack actually seemed a bit more fluent once he left the field.

In any case a win is a positive start but a side like Souths or Melbourne would have had our measure easily today IMO.

age.s

First Grade
Cootes kick to Mansour for the Smith try was very good. He wasn't great other than that though. Walsh actually took the line on twice which about half his yearly quotient in one game.

Not much else to say that hasn't already been said. We were committed and consistent but little else, Raiders were terrible.

soc123_au

Staff member
Pretty happy with the win. We need a lot more polish in attack, hopefully it will come. All I wanted out of today was a good honest effort & they delivered that in spades.

Kilkenny

Coach
Cootes kick to Mansour for the Smith try was very good. He wasn't great other than that though. Walsh actually took the line on twice which about half his yearly quotient in one game.

Not much else to say that hasn't already been said. We were committed and consistent but little else, Raiders were terrible.

The Raiders were not allowed to play well, give us some credit. Pretty committed effort by our forwards who got the job done even if our execution could have been better.

Yeah Wes was pretty impressive.

Agreed 100%. I think Wes surprised a lot of Penrith fans with his game today - me included!

The standout player was James Segeyaro. Every time he handled the ball out of dummy half, he looked threatening. Kevin Kingston should be looking over his shoulder nervously.....

Sika Manu wasn't impressive in the first 10 minutes with his handling, but certainly made up for it with his try and remaining time on the field.

It was nice to see the Panthers win a round 1 match for a change