What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | R1 | Sun | Panthers 32-10 Raiders | Centrebet

Round 1: Panthers v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skeepe

Immortal
Congratulations Henry Perenara... did something he never managed as a player, single-handedly won a team the game.

Glenn

First Grade
Yes shame on Henry for dropping the ball over the line, missing tackles, having poor last tackle options. :lol:

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal
Yes shame on Henry for dropping the ball over the line, missing tackles being, having poor last tackle options. :lol:

I was referring to the disgusting knock on calls that weren't, the horrendous non-call when Segeyaro whacked Dugan in the nose, the disgraceful way Manu and Grant were permitted to drop forearms and elbows with impunity, the utterly diabolical video ref decisions (ok that wasn't him, maybe call it a team effort)... the Raiders never stood a chance.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think the raiders did get plenty of dud calls during the game, however they would have been lucky to beat a nsw cup team today, they were pathetic and have no one to blame but themselves.

All the video ref calls were right IMO

TheFrog

Coach
I was referring to the disgusting knock on calls that weren't, the horrendous non-call when Segeyaro whacked Dugan in the nose, the disgraceful way Manu and Grant were permitted to drop forearms and elbows with impunity, the utterly diabolical video ref decisions (ok that wasn't him, maybe call it a team effort)... the Raiders never stood a chance.

Are you suggesting the better side did not win?

Raider_69

Post Whore
I think the raiders did get plenty of dud calls during the game, however they would have been lucky to beat a nsw cup team today, they were pathetic and have no one to blame but themselves.

All the video ref calls were right IMO

I think the Seg try was rubbish
I know Newton cant disappear but the onus is surely on the attacking team not to use the person playing the ball as a shield from defenders

Despite that being a very bad call, that decision wouldnt have made a lick of difference because we were rubbish and wouldnt have beaten anyone with the way we played

Spot On

Coach
Geez you'd think Penrith played farkin horribly reading some of the dribble in here. They were impressive today. Absolute leaps and bounds ahead of where they were last season. If you couldn't see that you have little idea. They put 32 points on semi final team from 2012 remember. Should have score more as well. They only conceded 10.

Canberra played their usual standard of football. Their halves are over rated and they lack attacking backrowers who create something on the edge. Sell Papalli and but Ryan Hoffman. They need to improve when playing away from home.

Refereeing was fine. Always going to be a couple of calls that don't go your way. You could have a whinge if there were two points in it but to blame bad calls when there were 22 point in it???? Dreaming.

Jason Maher

Immortal
That's a pretty poor effort from skeepe. It's like he's just going through the motions and keeping up appearances. Come on lad, you've got much, much better rants in you.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
This was by far the shock result of the round. Who could've guessed that a full strength Raiders side could get toweled up that badly by that Penrith side. I think it says a lot more about Canberra then it does Penrith. Enjoy your time in the top 8, Panthers fans because I don't think you'll be there for long, to be perfectly honest.

franklin2323

Immortal
Penrith fans will want to see a bit more potency in attack.

Yep. Terrible options.

We kept going short to Brown with numbers behind him. 1 last tackle both halves spread it only for Brown to kick why did the halves not kick? Whare & Coote inside the 20 on the 2nd. So heaps of improvement needed.

Williams should of tackled Segeyaro. Dugan should of caught that grubber. Plum caught a loose ball 10mins out. On another day we don't score them.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yep. Terrible options.

We kept going short to Brown with numbers behind him. 1 last tackle both halves spread it only for Brown to kick why did the halves not kick? Whare & Coote inside the 20 on the 2nd. So heaps of improvement needed.

Williams should of tackled Segeyaro. Dugan should of caught that grubber. Plum caught a loose ball 10mins out. On another day we don't score them.

Perhaps the Panthers did get the majority of the 50 / 50 calls but they were the better side on the day of that there can be no doubt. The majority of raiders fans appeared to have been gracious in defeat in there posts some not so which is disappointing because the better team won on the day.

blacklock

Juniors
i backed the raiders for this game and even i can say it wasnt the refs that cost them the game. it was their own idiocy in losing the ball when getting out of trouble, losing the ball in the opposition 20 and giving away moronic penalties. (not to mention mr silver hair not passing the ball and bombing a try.)

had they had better discipline, it would be a completely diff story. instead they got punished by an underwhelming side that wont make the finals.

Silent Knight

First Grade
This was by far the shock result of the round. Who could've guessed that a full strength Raiders side could get toweled up that badly by that Penrith side. I think it says a lot more about Canberra then it does Penrith. Enjoy your time in the top 8, Panthers fans because I don't think you'll be there for long, to be perfectly honest.

Oh well at least the Panthers made the 8 for some space of time. Which is more than will be said for the Drongos in 2013.

Phil Gould said that the Panthers would take out the wooden spoon in 2003..........

Stranger things can and will happen!!