What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | R2 | Fri | Dragons 6-22 Broncos | WIN Wollongong

Round 2: Dragons v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Blatant professional foul, you cannot impede the player from playing the ball just to buy time for your team mates to get onside.

Seriously, how long have you been watching Rugby League?

He's probably getting at the point that we've seen countless players get away with it without even a penalty for a while now (see Hayne's leg pull on Inglis in SOO3 last year, and even Creagh lying all over Thaiday before Norman's try last night).

It's a sin bin, but it hasn't been for numerous identical or worse examples before it. Plenty here have said "that's a sin bin every day of the week" and it should be - the problem is it's not given very time it happens.

Last edited:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
He's probably getting at the point that we've seen countless players get away with it without even a penalty for a while now (see Hayne's leg pull on Inglis in SOO3 last year, and even Creagh lying all over Thaiday before Norman's try last night).

It's a sin bin, but it hasn't been for numerous identical or worse examples before it. Plenty here have said "that's a sin bin every day of the week" and it should be - the problem is it's not given very time it happens.

This. If you're going to reinvent your referees, make them at least f**king consistent.

some11

Referee
I honestly think that if the Broncos came out one Friday night put up 50 points on a top side playing great football all of u other fans would be still saying thing like broncos are horrible most boring team in the comp get them off Friday nights. I guess ur hatred for them blinds u from seeing things how they really are.

You're blind if you think the Broncos can score 50 points in a game against anyone this season let alone a top team.

Kiwi

First Grade
You're blind if you think the Broncos can score 50 points in a game against anyone this season let alone a top team.

Let's put this in context for you.

First half last week we had the same amount of possesion the Dragons had last night, we led at half time 14 - 6 against a top 4 side. Last night we had the Dragons have the same amount of ball we had last week in the first 40 yet we held them to 6 all, only difference is the second half perfomances. If we defended in the second half last week like we did this week, we would be 2 wins from 2. I know we didn't, but it's only round f**king 1 for christs sake.

You may like to call yourself a realist, but you are far to negative, I think as the season goes on this side will get stronger, if not so be it, I prefer to give the team I support a chance rather than being so negative and so full of doubt.

Spot On

Coach
It's no secret the Dragons are one of, if not the worst attacking team in the comp and last night was just further evidence of this. However, the fact Ben Creagh crossed the line (yes off forward pass), Trent Merrin crossed the line (yes obstruction in there somewhere)and Gerard Beale f**ked up putting players in for two other tries (great play Hammy Hodges) should have alarm bells ringing for the Broncs. All that in the first 40 mins. If they had a clue in attack the Dragons could have had a healthy lead at half time.

Yes it's all ifs and buts but in hindsight, looking at the form from the game from both teams, you'd have to say they are both going to struggle unless there are some changes to the playing roster, attacking structure or coaching staff.

At least Griffin started Hannant this week. Big tick there.

Big Pete

Referee
I don't think any Broncos fan is getting carried away with that victory.

Still plenty to work on but the effort and character the boys showed last night deserves credit.

If nothing else, the victory was a major relief. If the boys had have lost after putting in that type of effort I could see it absolutely killing our season. This is an effort they can build on and gives them a semblance of belief heading into next week.

Tweed Titan

Bench
I honestly think that if the Broncos came out one Friday night put up 50 points on a top side playing great football all of u other fans would be still saying thing like broncos are horrible most boring team in the comp get them off Friday nights. I guess ur hatred for them blinds u from seeing things how they really are.

Thorry, I forgot how awethome the great broncos side is this year. How dare we not annoint them 2013 premiers after beating this world class dragons team. They should also play every Friday night for the next decade as a punishment to the dissenters.

blaza88z

Coach
Those having a go at the Broncos are still struggling to get over the 2 decades of success we encountered, that's where it stems from and that's where it should end.

That was a great effort last night and noone here (broncos fan at least) has said we will be top 4 or winning any premierships but all you can ask for from your team is a big effort and we got that last night.

To the haters, go and get f**ked.

:)

Reidy87

Juniors
As a Broncos fan it was good seeing them show some heart and balls in defence last night. But we must acknowledge that the Dragons' attack was just soooo bad and readable, that playing Storm, Dogs, Cows, Sharks, Knights and probably even the Roosters- they would have been in three times in the first 20 minutes.

I can't see the Broncos doing any better than last year (scraping into the eight), but then again I don't think we will do any worse and miss the finals.

Storm vs Cows is the game of the week - why isn't it on channel 9???

ggmu

Juniors
Thorry, I forgot how awethome the great broncos side is this year. How dare we not annoint them 2013 premiers after beating this world class dragons team. They should also play every Friday night for the next decade as a punishment to the dissenters.

I don't think any Broncos fan is claiming the team will win the comp this year but we are defiantly top 8 contenders. Not wooden spoon favourites like most of you think(hope).