What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | R2 | Thu | Eels 16-20 Bulldogs | ANZ

Round 2: Eels v Bulldogs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

--Storm--

Juniors
That would have been a massive win for Paramatta, easy win next week v Tigers, 3 wins from 3 games would have been huge for them

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
This isn't even arguable, any of you can watch the tape if you want. I'm telling y'all for a fact, the ball travelled at least a metre towards his own try line from when he released it to when it was caught.

--Storm--

Juniors
This isn't even arguable, any of you can watch the tape if you want. I'm telling y'all for a fact, the ball travelled at least a metre towards his own try line from when he released it to when it was caught.

Who gives a f**k about a foward pass call

dogslife

Coach
Love to know how the Dogs ended up with Manly, Rabbits, Cowboys and Storm all within the first 5 weeks

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Who gives a f**k about a foward pass call

Half of this forum is about discussing referee calls (unfortunately). This one was a clear-cut stinker and no-one even mentioned it :?

Am interested also as a general point whether the momentum rule for forward passes also applies to a bloke running backwards....so a pass that actually travels backwards can correctly be called forward.

Peter_phelps

Juniors
Gutsy win for the dogs, their 3 josh's were outstanding (Morris, Jackson and Reynolds).
Considering they had Kasiano, Graham, Barba and Pritchard missing I didn't expect them to win to be honest, Dogs will come good when they get them back.

Apey

Staff member
No, it travelled forwards relative to the way he was facing. He was facing towards his own tryline. The ball finished up about a metre closer to his own tryline from where he passed it.

I haven't watched the replay so I'll take your word for this part. However I don't think this is really any different from when a ball floats forward despite the pass being backwards when you're facing the right way. It seemed pretty clear he threw it backwards out of his hands whilst facing his own goal-line.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Why wasn't sandows shoulder charge penalised? Should be suspended for 8 weeks the little merkin

How was it a shoulder charge? explain to us all? as his left arm war wrapping around Trex before he made impact with his right shoulder, so from now on to make sure they dont upset you NRL players can only tackle with their hands..

dogslife

Coach
Your talking about when he knocked ball out then eels scored?
Think he's talking about where everyone was blowing up about Hayne giving the Dogs too much advantage. Eels knock on, Williams picks it up, advantage was over in my book, but he calls it back after Williams loses the ball. Sandow stripped though clear as day, three in the tackle

Apey

Staff member
Your talking about when he knocked ball out then eels scored?

Think he's talking about where everyone was blowing up about Hayne giving the Dogs too much advantage. Eels knock on, Williams picks it up, advantage was over in my book, but he calls it back after Williams loses the ball. Sandow stripped though clear as day, three in the tackle

Yeah, that one. The advantage call was pretty sketchy but it shouldn't have been made in the first place.

skeepe

Immortal
Half of this forum is about discussing referee calls (unfortunately). This one was a clear-cut stinker and no-one even mentioned it :?

Am interested also as a general point whether the momentum rule for forward passes also applies to a bloke running backwards....so a pass that actually travels backwards can correctly be called forward.

The rulebook states that the direction of a pass is relative to the player making it and not the actual path relative to the ground.

In this instance, the pass left his hands forward but, because his momentum was going in the opposite direction, it would most likely have travelled backwards over the ground.

Latest posts