What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | Women in League R10 | Sun | Knights 44-8 Bulldogs | Hunter

Round 10: Knights v Bulldogs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

undertaker

Coach
Dogs fans went off a bit half cocked after beating sharks, tigers and warriors...hahaha

:lol:

"I've been calling him for 45 minutes" why don't you blow a penalty then ffs

Agree.

Reminds me of what Bill Harrigan said last Monday night about "working players during the game so he didn't have to give away a penalty". Just blow the penalty and the player will eventually get the mesage

Is it time for the dogs to buy a new roster yet?

a la 2002 style?;-)

Dogs have been average all year since the NRL outlawed their "cheating obstruction play" in the off season. The Barba wrap around is the only thing they have and they have been found out. Good result for the game today.

Agree, hence why we haven't seen much "attacking prowess" from Barba this year other than his efforts mouthing off Mason today:lol:

undertaker

Coach
Dogs are not the same side as last year nor will they get close

Since 2009, one of grand finalists has failed to make the finals the following year. At the moment, the Bulldogs look like continuing that trend, as well as a real possibility that all 4 Western Sydney teams (Parramatta, Bulldogs, Penrith, Wests Tigers. Souths are not included as they are traditionally based in South Sydney, even though they play their games out west) could miss the finals. When was the last time that happened?

natheel

Coach
Since 2009, one of grand finalists has failed to make the finals the following year. At the moment, the Bulldogs look like continuing that trend, as well as a real possibility that all 4 Western Sydney teams (Parramatta, Bulldogs, Penrith, Wests Tigers. Souths are not included as they are traditionally based in South Sydney, even though they play their games out west) could miss the finals. When was the last time that happened?

Man I said that in the preseason and picked a hard year for the dogs but one very idiotic dogs fan said I was clutching at straws and had no fact behind my prediction....

nomis88

Juniors
Great game by the Belmore Bogans, More great coaching by De$$ie. I thought the Dogs weren't supposed to lose again this year.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Agree, hence why we haven't seen much "attacking prowess" from Barba this year other than his efforts mouthing off Mason today:lol:

Yet people questioned a lot of people when most sane people realised the Dogs would struggle without that play. They have the big fat prop running through, takes out 1-2 players, Barba scores. Honestly it was not football, it was 'legalised cheating'. Glad they got rid of it. When you are relying on Hodkinson/Keating/Ennis/Reynolds to create points you are in big trouble.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Guess the dogs must have played terribly to lose by that much to the Knights

I mean, it couldn't have just been a bloody good dominant display from Newcastle could it?

WaznTheGreat

Referee
LOL @ Willie Mason firing up thinking it would get him an Origin spot,lets do angry face bruh and Daley will pick me bruh

Laurie Daley is so dumb he probably will pick Mason based on angry face

natheel

Coach

I mean, it couldn't have just been a bloody good dominant display from Newcastle could it?

What ya talking bout? Doggies r a top 4 certainty this is a one off game to lose they will go on a roll now...

Apey

Staff member
LOL @ Willie Mason firing up thinking it would get him an Origin spot,lets do angry face bruh and Daley will pick me bruh

Laurie Daley is so dumb he probably will pick Mason based on angry face

that win must have upset you deeply.

Swarzey

Bench
Absolutely brilliant game. I was worried about hearing of our horror week at training, getting the silent treatment from Wayne and whatnot but I'm really proud of our win. The forwards stepped up and really forced the Bulldogs to work hard in defense and when that happens, teams begin to fall apart. McManus again had a brilliant game; makes me wonder after his performance on Friday how someone like Merrit how has horrible defense get even a consideration over Jimmy?

But what about Mullen? Cannot stress how brilliant his kicking game is.

Grapple

Bench

Come on bro, it's because they changed the rules and we can't run the obstruction play! ;-)

undertaker

Coach
Man I said that in the preseason and picked a hard year for the dogs but one very idiotic dogs fan said I was clutching at straws and had no fact behind my prediction....

Agree with everything you said, natheel.

Btw, why have the Dogs been no where near as good as they were last year (besides that obstruction rule change that lockyno1 mentioned)? At the moment, they look a shadow of the side they were last year. Hard to believe this team made the GF. Poor Krisnan Inu - the Brian Smith of NRL players. Has played in 3 different GF losing sides.

Noname36

First Grade
Can't believe the turn around from last week. Huge attitude change. Getting Mullen back certainly helped though. I hope we can keep him on the paddock for a while.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Agree with everything you said, natheel.

Btw, why have the Dogs been no where near as good as they were last year (besides that obstruction rule change that lockyno1 mentioned)? At the moment, they look a shadow of the side they were last year. Hard to believe this team made the GF. Poor Krisnan Inu - the Brian Smith of NRL players. Has played in 3 different GF losing sides.

Hasn't James Graham played in 6 losing grand finals now? 5 SL & the decider last year

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Well, where did that performance come from?

Absolutely brilliant, fluent attack, bit of mongrel in defence. Some people might say the Dogs were ordinary (and they weren't great), but I think that can be attributed to the fact the Knights got in their face for most of the game and bustled them. Barba was almost a no-show.

Best game I've seen from Gidley in several weeks, perhaps his best of the year. We lost a bit of direction when he went off about 15 minutes before halftime. That was when the 'Dogs got a bit of a foothold in the match.

blaza88z

Coach
Knights at home on a Sunday afternoon = unbeatable

Knights away in a night match = rudderless

you're welcome.