What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R21 // Sat // Roosters 30-22 Dragons // Allianz

Round 21: Roosters v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DOGSvsEELS

Juniors
better then the ch 9 commentators kissing benji's ass all the time.

dragons attack is looking better at times at least compared to a few weeks ago.

dugans getting better at centre.

Generalzod

Immortal
What the hell have these commentators got against Benchi and The Dragons? They're been deathriding them all night. It's worse than some of the commentary towards The Warriors and Raiders...

Deathriding the dragons??? I think the commentary was pretty fair tonite.

Fazz_138

Juniors
You mean all those Warriors games where Halligan magically sees all 50/50 decisions going the Warriors way ?

No, I mean the games where the Fox crew absolutely shit on The Warriors. Anything good they do seems to be a mistake by the other team.

Halligan is terrible too. Please don't assume New Zealanders like him. Most of us think the NZ commentators are an utter joke. I'd legitimately prefer Hindmarsh and Matty Johns commentating ... or Gould when there are seagulls on the field.

Anyway, good game tonight. Marshall was rocks and diamonds, but still one of his better games since coming back. A lot more entertaining than the QLD derby from earlier. Dragons could still make the 8, but I think they'll be more of a threat next year. A full preseason will do Dugan, their halves and their structure in general, a lot of good.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Marker penalty apparently. All good if that's the case

Hayne lied actually. The pocket ref screamed at Hayne to stop the play and the tap was taken at the Roosters defensive line and not the ruck which is where a marker penalty should be awarded. All in all a terrible game. The Roosters were woeful yet the Dragons could not win a match that was being fixed. Even Newcastle won their fixed match.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
The Roosters are a hopeless joke. I bit their long suffering fans who tolerate such a cluster fakery of a club. Win a comp = 12k crowds. Its a joke.

You got that wrong.. lol@souffs are the long suffering fans.. We are the premiers and loving it. We also have jobs and hot wives/girlfriends. lol@souffs fans are unemployed alcoholics.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Hayne lied actually. The pocket ref screamed at Hayne to stop the play and the tap was taken at the Roosters defensive line and not the ruck which is where a marker penalty should be awarded. All in all a terrible game. The Roosters were woeful yet the Dragons could not win a match that was being fixed. Even Newcastle won their fixed match.

Lol.

Tommy Smith

Referee
But cockadoodledoo you have to agree that receiving 3 penalties, yes 3!!!! is an obscenely high amount for the Roosters. Including, once again, a whopping none in the second half.

Surely that's proof that the Dragons were hard done by. We deserved one penalty at the most.

The Pelican

Juniors
But cockadoodledoo you have to agree that receiving 3 penalties, yes 3!!!! is an obscenely high amount for the Roosters. Including, once again, a whopping none in the second half.

Surely that's proof that the Dragons were hard done by. We deserved one penalty at the most.

I'd love to know just how many times this year we've gone the entire 2nd half of a match without receiving a single penalty. It's happened numerous times this year, so i'd imagine it would be comfortably more than half a dozen times, which is an absolute disgrace.

Last edited:

RWB

Bench
Much improved Dragons side from the one we played on ANZAC Day. Threw a lot of questions at our defensive line & had a lot of variety in their attack. It's a pretty big shock to the system watching a dragons team play some attractive football but full credit to Mary he's set the team up pretty well. Some of their defence in the opening exchanges was brutal too, they seemed really up for this game. JDB in particular pulled off a few crackers, wouldn't surprise if there's a drop off in their performance next week.

All things considered I'm just grateful we came away with the 2 points. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if that Dragons side sneaks into the 8, they've got a comparatively good run home & seem to be full of confidence.

Dead set though if Hitler was an NRL supporter though he'd be a Dragons fanatic. Apart from your 2nd rowers your whole forward pack are a bunch of blondies.

I thought the superhero kits looked awesome at the game, not sure how it came through on the TV.

thommo4pm

Coach
Thought it was quite a good game, entertaining.

The better side won, I'm glad we didn't get blown away when it got out to 14 points twice.

The Roosters deserved their win.