What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R21 // Sat // Roosters 30-22 Dragons // Allianz

Round 21: Roosters v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

St Tangles

Bench
The Roosters fans blaming the refs for the penalty count should look at the discipline of some of your players.

It would be like us blaming the ref for the wrong options we took in attack.

The refs had no bearing on the outcome of the game last night and I think thats a good thing.

Enjoy the win and look forward to the rest of the season if you improve your discipline you're a good chance of going back to back.

If we keep improving were a chance for the 8.

Chook

First Grade
In the audio you could hear them calling out "Nuuausala" and "second marker."

Bullshit. The pocket ref was clearly heard calling "inside the ten" and Hayne was waving his arm as indicating an offside penalty. He farked up and lied to cover his arse.

Chook.

For the millionth time, it's the penalties we don't get that we take issue with. It didn't effect last night's game but probably did last week. Two games in a row we didn't get a penalty in the 2nd half. Refs are a pack of merkins.

Chook

First Grade
For the millionth time, it's the penalties we don't get that we take issue with. It didn't effect last night's game but probably did last week. Two games in a row we didn't get a penalty in the 2nd half. Refs are a pack of merkins.

The losing side played the perfect second half of football conceding not one penalty, truly amazing.

Chook.

St Tangles

Bench
We had more ball hence more penalties.
We got off your players and got back the ten when you had the ball hence no penalties.
Makes sense to me.
We were just not good enough to win.
You were not hard done by last night.
In the press conference your coach agrees that discipline is an issue.
Against the Knights a different story though I can agree with you on that one.

kbw

Bench
The Roosters are a hopeless joke. I bit their long suffering fans who tolerate such a cluster fakery of a club. Win a comp = 12k crowds. Its a joke.

well aint you a clever little boy, I didn't think $ouff$ supporters knew what a premiership is ...

to_ddeath

Coach
Hate that I got my initial prediction correct..the Rorter fans ref bitching both in here & elsewhere is pathetic to say the least..take the 2 points & STFU.

Valheru

Coach
I thought the game was of pretty good quality and the Dragons played better against us then they have in 2 years. Our defence in the first 50 minutes won the game for us.

Given we are accused of sour grapes when complaining about the penalty count when we lose I am going to whinge when we win as well. The Dragons conceded 13 penalties over their previous 2 games (7 in one, 6 in the other) and one of those games they dominated. This week they magically increased their discipline and only allowed 3 penalties all game one of which was a “dangerous” tackle. They managed to produce a perfect half of discipline in the 2nd half which isn’t a unique situation against the roosters, it is at least the 4th time it has happened this year.

Danish

Referee
I think the most telling thing from the game was that after Mini blasted Hayne for getting the quick tap rule wrong, telling him he got it wrong "again" (referring to his mistake against the Tigers) he did not award us another penalty for 60 minutes.

Indeed the only penalty we got for the rest of the game was for Boyd Cordner being put on his head.

Shane Hayne has a serious arrogance problem

to_ddeath

Coach
Hayne has been a prick to us on many occasions in the past, the other night was a rare exception....Clark was my sticking point upstairs, thought the grounding in both the Guerra and Friend tries was dodgy to say the least (both 50/50 really), plus at least 1 very suss play the ball from JWH late in the game yet they get overlooked often anyway. So it wasn't all 1 way traffic as some of you make out.
No calls in the end changed the result, we had the bulk of the ball yet failed to capitalize. Similar story if we do the same v the Pants next Sunday. Must win game.

T.

Valheru

Coach
I appreciate it is hard for opposition supporters to see but we aren’t having a go at their teams when we complain, I have no doubt St George have copped rubbish calls from Hayne before, we are merely highlighting the consistent refusal to give the roosters penalties that other teams seemingly get.

RWB

Bench
Get ready for some more tears Toddeath, JWH just got charged for that high tackle in the second half. :cool:

Lambretta

First Grade
Who needs a penalty when you are awarded a kick when the other team scores a try?

We should just consider those penalties

Latest posts