What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R22 // Fri // Rabbitohs 23-4 Sea Eagles // SCG

Round 22: Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

natheel

Coach
Souths are making a good run to the finals. Kept quiet through the year and come in under peoples noses.

The Chello

Juniors
Souths did a Manly on Manly! Recent years have seen Manly smash Souths early and continued with up and brutal defence. Souths did exactly that to Manly and it had the desired effect. Is this the sign of a maturing side? Only time will tell but the side is building each week. It was a very entertaining game to watch. To see GI in full flight only to be tackled brilliantly by Stewart was just one of the highlights. Stewart is a quality player. Lyons got owned on his side all night and showed his frustration at trying to bait Auvaa and Keary to no avail. Souths discipline was very good.
Souths got lucky a few times, thought Luke's ball to Burgess was forward.

Keary and Reynolds seem to compliment each other and Reynolds appears to be playing with a lot more confidence with Keary at 6. Souths did not have a bad player all night, however, thought Luke was outstanding in nearly everything he did be it defensively, darting out of dummy half and even nullifying chip kicks made by Manly.

Despite the impressiveness of the win, there were times when you felt that Souths' errors let Manly back in and Manly were never really out of the contest until we scored to make it 16-4. Then felt we could hang on from there. Clark with a few dropped balls. In finals football, you need that out of your game.

Broncos game should be another good contest on Thursday.

Bumble

First Grade
Wow, I came on here to read the comments for a post-game chuckle...and people are actually giving us credit for a win?!?!

Glad that crusher tackle penalty wasn't the difference. Awful call.

Now, please don't build our hopes up and dash them again, Bunnies!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Souths should hope Sutton is out for the year. Keary and Reynolds>>>>>>> anything that involves Sutton!

BunniesMan

Immortal
Sutton will be an asset as part of our forwards rotation. Ben Lowe is a solid toiler but Sutton can get as many metres as him while being more threatening.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
DCE put in a Brett Finch level stinker tonight. f**king embarrassing from start to finish. You won't see it mentioned in the press though.... They'll just talk about the fluke 40/20.
That's the 2nd 40/20 he has kicked when we have been bogged down by tough D this year. It is not a fluke, it is a quality play. Unfortunately it was his only highlight.

While Souths were good in all aspects, Manly were off the boil. I'm really not sure how they were in the game so long.

I think you need that kind of loss at some point. You need to know that you have to take it to the next level to play harder, faster and smarter. They now know what the bunnies have for the finals. As much as I love the side we have had, my only thought is we never go on with the job. Be it 4 points clear in the MP race, or up by 40 at half time. I wasn't surprised we lost and didn't match Souths intensity.

Great performance, I only hope we play this well when it matters

I know what you mean but there was a lot that mattered about last night as far as proving credentials are concerned. They may have timed their run better this year, BV. Huge boost to team confidence you'd think.

BranVan3000

Coach
I know what you mean but there was a lot that mattered about last night as far as proving credentials are concerned. They may have timed their run better this year, BV. Huge boost to team confidence you'd think.

I suppose but we are still around two months of games to play. If we can remain injury free and playing well when we hit finals Ill be excited

The Chello

Juniors
Love watching Toovey, shows a great passion. yeh there were some dud calls but that's what you get these days. We've certainly had our fair share of them. The crusher tackle was one, the forward pass from Luke to Burgess another....
Thought Manly's effort was good just their execution under pressure from Souths let them down. Thought Stewart and Watmough were great for them, the halves were kept well quiet and in check by Souths defence. Losing Matai was a blow as he is a very important player in attack/defence. As I said earlier, we did a Manly on Manly and it was so good to watch.

Slug

Juniors
As I thought. Souths were too big, too fast and too good. Their halves made the so called - best in the competition - look second rate.

This Souths side are the real deal. Their young backs outplayed Manly's all night. Premiership #21 is ominous. This place will go into meltdown. Will be many lols to be had.

Manly - way overrated, too slow and too small.

Well done Rabbits.

Latest posts