What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R22 // Fri // Rabbitohs 23-4 Sea Eagles // SCG

Round 22: Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DC_fan

Coach
I expect Souths great win to deservedly dominate the headlines for the next few days

pantherz9103

First Grade
To be honest a good result for the comp. If Panthers aren't really a serious chance due to injuries and lack of stars would be good to see Souffs do it this year for the meltdown on LU alone...

GongPanther

Referee
I'm not down about it. We didn't give up and there was always the effort there in defence. Souths did play well and had a bit of luck as well. Can't take anything away from them really.

No you can't.The good thing about this souths side is that they do entertain.They know how to score tries and defend well.Their Achilles Heel will be that will they have that belief when it comes to the crunch?

We saw a couple of times in this game were they were letting it slip away and started to play the Manly side back into the game.

They got away with getting their game-heads back on in this match.But when it comes to the intense pressure of finals football,will some of their players not handle the heat in the kitchen?

In a nutshell,it will all come down to which side has the least mistakes in them.

Watch this game again,and you'll easily spot the liabilities...you'll see the players who will not handle the pressure.

DC_fan

Coach
We shouldn't get carried away. I think it's fair to say we're deserving favorites but a lot can happen between now and the day of the big dance.

Yes injuries can happen, but if we can keep this team together for the remainder of the season then we will win premiership #21

Danish

Referee
DCE put in a Brett Finch level stinker tonight. f**king embarrassing from start to finish. You won't see it mentioned in the press though.... They'll just talk about the fluke 40/20.

Apey

Staff member
Scores would have been a lot closer if forward passes were called for both teams :lol: Jesus Christ it's becoming embarrassing how many blatant ones are let go. Souths deserved winners anyway though.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I can't believe what I just saw - Adam Reynolds laid a try on with a well-timed short ball. Will wonders never cease?

Red Bear

Referee
Souths were really good tonight. They've been good the last few weeks really but generally against crap opposition, that's a big win for them.

Possible grand final preview tbh

rabbitohs95

Bench
Jeez there's no one here complaining about the result, that's a first.

Great win by the boys but again a bit determinant was Matai going off.

Both teams put in a great performance, plenty of linebreaks and ad lib play as well as tight crunching defence. Penalties were about even as were pretty much every other stat besides the scoreline.

I think the scoreline flatters us a bit and Manly weren't up to their normal standard. Maybe we just played great though i'm not sure.

It'd be awesome to see these two great teams fight it out in a Grand Final, so long as the Rabbits win of course ;)

Great game Manly, until next time

Swarzey

Bench
Jeez there's no one here complaining about the result, that's a first.

Had the scores been closer, there would have certainly been a bit of a stir up. Some very contentious calls went Souths' way that led to points. But in the end, their class and finesse in attack put that to rest.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Had the scores been closer, there would have certainly been a bit of a stir up. Some very contentious calls went Souths' way that led to points. But in the end, their class and finesse in attack put that to rest.

Normally i'd question the contentious calls but agreed there were some there, we were pretty lucky tonight but if we were only lucky we'd only have won by 4 or 6.

Ball bounced our way tonight i just hope we keep it up. Big game against Brissy next Thursday.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Well deserved win to the Rabbits. No question at all.

A couple of points from the game:

1. How the f*ck was that chicken wing tackle on Matai not picked up?? Bellamy would have gotten wood on that one! Ridiculous.

2. How the f*ck was that a crucher tackle on Keary?? He stuck his bloody head down there! Try as a result of it. Did not ipact the result of the game at all but bugger me these video refs are PATHETIC.

3. The break by Burgess off the Luke pass was so far forward was hilarious.

4. If the Rabbits keep that up they will go a long way. But GF's are a different beast to round 22.

5. Manly were pretty bog average. But credit to Souths for their defence which forced a lot of panick I guess.

Well played Bunnies. Dominated the game and well deserved win.

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
Agreed about the calls. Sure there was a bit of luck here and there, but I reckon you could have given Manly 20 penalties and they would have butchered every opportunity the way they were playing tonight. Seriously DCE must have been involved in about a dozen errors. Passes to no one, passes to people's feet, passes into people's heads, running into touch, terrible chip kicks.... he had it all happening.

Jason Maher

Immortal
If Manly won, it would have been all about lol@souffs and how they were no hope to win the comp. That's LU for you.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
If Manly won, it would have been all about lol@souffs and how they were no hope to win the comp. That's LU for you.

But they didn't lose the game and I thought proved their credentials. Had they lost then it probably would have been a valid point that they were not true contenders. So what exactly is your point?

rabbitohs95

Bench
But they didn't lose the game and I thought proved their credentials. Had they lost then it probably would have been a valid point that they were not true contenders. So what exactly is your point?

Eh i think he's just pointing out that had we lost then everyone on here would've gone batshit crazy and written us off after a regular season game loss against a very good opponent.

Latest posts