What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R22 // Sat // Eels 18-10 Raiders // TIO Stadium, Darwin

Round 22: Eels v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The obstruction rule is a f**king joke. A different interpretation every week. Last week there was a clear obstruction and a try was given. Tonight no obstruction but no try is given. NRL refereeing is a f**king joke.
I thought that was a fair try, and the one against your mob last week was no try. It's pot luck every time it goes upstairs.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Coming from an Eels fan, Raiders out enthused and competed better than us for just about the entire 80 minutes but in the end just lacked that bit of polish to turn it into points.

Butt-Ugly win but we will take the two and get the hell back to Sydney and get ready for the Doggies

bileduct

Coach
If you make the finals you'll be the first team knocked out if you play like that again, GRE.

TheFrog

Coach
Had to feel sorry for the Raiders in this game. They played OK to get in front but saw none of the ball in the final 15 minutes. You just knew that when Hayne decided it was time, that would be it. And so it proved.

The Raiders were their own worst enemy, of course, spilling the ball on their own line several times before they were finished off.

On tonight's form, if Parra manage to scrape into the lower reaches of the 8, they will be fodder.

Y2Eel

First Grade
The raiders need to find a Decent fullback for next year and they will then have a decent back-line..

T.S Quint

Coach
If you make the finals you'll be the first team knocked out if you play like that again, GRE.

After the way we've played for the last 4 years, simply making the Finals is massive for us.
We could get flogged the first week and I won't care much.

Eelementary

Post Whore
After the way we've played for the last 4 years, simply making the Finals is massive for us.
We could get flogged the first week and I won't care much.

This.

If we make the Finals after three years of tripe, we will be dancing in Church Street until March 2015.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Eels seriously lucky with their draw this year, moreso than us...

:lol:

What a load of horse shit!

In the first ten weeks of the comp, we - the reigning, consecutive Wooden Spooners - played the Roosters twice, Manly at Brookvale, Brisbane at Suncorp and the Panthers.

But yeah - what an easy draw.

skeepe

Immortal
So what the f**king f**k is the obstruction rule? Anyone?

Seems to be always rule against the Raiders, if they aren't involved then flip a coin.

Compare tonight's abominable decision with the Warriors try last week... I just don't know the rule anymore.

Anyway, stoked with the effort, just a shame the NRL needs a fairytale team or we rightfully would have won.

bileduct

Coach
Tonight is how the rule should be refereed, in my opinion.

The problem with the obstruction rule began when Jamie Lyon started taking dives and then ex-players were put into the video referee box and were suddenly making decisions on whether or not players were being sucked in my decoy runners.

Just like the two referee system, the more referees you throw at the game the worse the refereeing will become.