What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R22 // Sat // Knights 32-30 Storm // Hunter

Round 22: Knights v Storm

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2014teams-new-main.png

1. Kurt Gidley 2. Chanel Mata'utia 3. Dane Gagai 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen 7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Kade Snowden 9. Adam Clydsdale 10. Willie Mason 11. Beau Scott 12. Robbie Rochow 13. Jeremy Smith

14. Travis Waddell 15. Korbin Sims 17. Adam Cuthbertson 18. David Fa'alogo
19. Chris Houston

2014teams-mel-alt.png

1. Billy Slater 2. Sisa Waqa 3. Will Chambers 4. Mahe Fonua 5. Marika Koroibete
6. Ben Roberts 7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Bryan Norrie 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

14. Tim Glasby 15. Tohu Harris 16. Kenneath Bromwich 17. Jordan McLean
18. Dayne Weston 19. Kurt Mann

2014ref-pink.jpg

Referees: Ashley Klein, Chris Butler
Sideline Officials: Dan Eastwood, Phil Henderson
Video Referees: Matt Cecchin, Luke Patten

VB NSW Cup Round 22
SAT 3:10PM | Knights (NEW) v Sharks (CRO/MEL) @ Hunter Stadium

QRL Intrust Super Cup Round 23 // Country Week
SAT 5:00PM | Easts (MEL) v Capras (BRI) @ McIndoe Park, Emerald

Holden Cup Under 20's Round 22
SAT 1:10PM | Knights v Storm @ Hunter Stadium​

Last edited:

Noname36

First Grade
I don't care if we get flogged again, I just wanna see Scott and Jeremy Smith smash that merkin Cam Smith after the way he carried on when McKinnon was injured.

yourhero

Juniors
There is a fair amount of pressure for Jordan McLean to be rested for this game. A number of media outlets are running stories along this line with Jordan having to "face his demons"...

The fact that resting Jordan even needs to be considered speaks volumes of the type of fans we have in Rugby League. It is actually quite disgusting.

Jordan should not be forced out due to hateful fans looking to blame someone. I want him to play... At the same time though, I do not look forward to the disgusting antics of the Newcastle supporters.

The best response would be for Jordan to kill it. Start him so he is not on the bench stressing about it for 20-odd minutes.

Rod

Bench
There is a fair amount of pressure for Jordan McLean to be rested for this game. A number of media outlets are running stories along this line with Jordan having to "face his demons"...

The fact that resting Jordan even needs to be considered speaks volumes of the type of fans we have in Rugby League. It is actually quite disgusting.

Jordan should not be forced out due to hateful fans looking to blame someone. I want him to play... At the same time though, I do not look forward to the disgusting antics of the Newcastle supporters.

Um, jumping the gun much? No fans have even done anything yet.

perverse

Referee
To be honest I think most fans, Knights fans included, don't really hold McLean accountable for Alex's injury and are happy to accept the event as a tragic accident. I know a lot more Knights fans, myself included, hope we bash 5 shades of shit out of Smith for being the merkincock that he is.

Swarzey

Bench
McLean shouldn't cop anything. Anyone who's played the game in any form would know that incidents like Macca's was always a possibility and the kid shouldn't have to carry the burden. Hell, the Bromwich brothers did more harm than he did. If anyone is deserving of copping it, it's Smith for the pathetic and disgusting manner he "called it" and has since done nothing but defend himself.

Noname36

First Grade
Carried on? You mean, called it like it is?

Yeah, kept crying about a penalty being awarded, saying it was McKinnon's fault while the bloke was on the ground not able to move his body or feel his limbs. Disgusting.

It's Smith Storm need to sit out, not McLean. Most Knights fans seem to be of the view that what McLean did was an accident, but Smith will cop it as he should.

Apey

Staff member

What the f**k :lol:

Nobody gives a shit about McLean.

yourhero

Juniors
Yeah, kept crying about a penalty being awarded, saying it was McKinnon's fault while the bloke was on the ground not able to move his body or feel his limbs. Disgusting.

Kept crying? Perhaps you fell asleep during the break in play and dreamt up your own reality? After expressing his concern for McKinnon, Smith questioned the penalty given McKinnon's actions in tucking. Fair enough IMO...

What, any insinuation that a tackled player contributes to a tackle going wrong in any way is offensive? Tell that to the thousands of fans, players and coaches that have said the same thing about Inglis on multiple occasions.

It's Smith Storm need to sit out, not McLean.

:? Idiotic suggestion based on nothing but a dislike. Top work champ.

Swarzey

Bench
So dumping the entire responsibility for the incident on McKinnon is fair enough? At that point, football becomes secondary and Smith should have had the decency to cop the penalty, such a little thing at that time, on the chin and move on, instead he stooped to his scum lows, questioned it and shifted the blame. Since then, he's been far too arrogant to consider the possibility that what he said was out of line. How anyone can sit here and defend what he said is beyond me and shows just how pathetic some are to protect this merkin.

What a blind merkin you are.

yourhero

Juniors
How anyone can sit here and defend what he said is beyond me and shows just how pathetic some are to protect this merkin.

What a blind merkin you are.

:lol: What is really pathetic is the reaching for any reason whatsoever to justify your hate for a player. A captain calmly and respectfully questioning a call in a professional sport? What a demon!!!

It is amazing that Newcastle fans are so upset with the actions of Smith in this instance yet 12 months ago Jordan McLean lay unconscious on the ground with a shattered cheekbone after a shoulder charge and headclash with Alex McKinnon. BJ Leilua runs over to stand over a seriously injured young player and gloat/hurl insults.

Now THAT is a real grubby act. But nah, all OK in Newcastle with that rubbish... Ask a referee a question though, whoa, look out!

F*cking hypocrites.

Swarzey

Bench
:lol: What is really pathetic is the reaching for any reason whatsoever to justify your hate for a player. A captain calmly and respectfully questioning a call in a professional sport? What a demon!!!

It is amazing that Newcastle fans are so upset with the actions of Smith in this instance yet 12 months ago Jordan McLean lay unconscious on the ground with a shattered cheekbone after a shoulder charge and headclash with Alex McKinnon. BJ Leilua runs over to stand over a seriously injured young player and gloat/hurl insults.

Now THAT is a real grubby act. But nah, all OK in Newcastle with that rubbish... Ask a referee a question though, whoa, look out!

F*cking hypocrites.

Please, find me one Knights fan who approves of what BJ did. I'll save you some time, no one does. We all agree it was a disgusting act and have never, will never, think otherwise. To turn around and compare it to the McKinnon incident is poor form; McLean is still out there playing, McKinnon isn't. The finest example of straw grasping.

Smith should have had the decency to not even consider questioning the penalty. That's just pure logic. Regardless of the way he approached the referee and how "calmly" he spoke, what he said just isn't acceptable from anyone and I think most would expect better from the Australian captain. You just don't put the blame on the injured bloke 15 minutes after it happened and have a whinge about the penalty. It's just pathetic.

But if you think it's perfectly fine to blame a bloke who was clearly distressed, then by all means champ, join your scum captain in his lows.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

The best response would be for Jordan to kill it. Start him so he is not on the bench stressing about it for 20-odd minutes.
What media is this?

I've seen very little about it... in fact nothing about it all.

As for blaming Newcastle fans for something none of them have yet done is pretty disgusting at the same time too.

F*cking hypocrites.

Shoulder charge? BOTH his arms were around McLean. Like the Round 3 tackle this year, it was accidental contact (headclash) in a solid tackle.

Regardless, I think Smith's actions this year are a little more distasteful given the severity of Alex's condition.

Apey

Staff member