What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R22 // Sat // Knights 32-30 Storm // Hunter

Round 22: Knights v Storm

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yourhero

Juniors
What media is this?

I've seen very little about it... in fact nothing about it all.

Herald Sun - http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl...vel-to-newcastle/story-fni3gpfh-1227014591610

Sydney Morning Herald - http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...e-potential-fan-backlash-20140805-100jbb.html

News.com ran the Herald article - http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/nrl...vel-to-newcastle/story-fndv325j-1227014591610

A few smaller news sites also ran similar stories (Stuff.co.nz for example)

That enough?

As for blaming Newcastle fans for something none of them have yet done is pretty disgusting at the same time too.

I have low expectations of the average RL fan. Given the volume of rubbish put forward by many Knights fans following Alex's injury, I don't see how I am so far off base with expecting some more on game day. Particularly with the media compounding the issue via the above types of stories.

Regardless, I think Smith's actions this year are a little more distasteful given the severity of Alex's condition.

Hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally I think you would have to be pretty biased to see the way Smith queried the ref as more distasteful when compared to the Leilua incident.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You're actually serious? :lol:

I'm done, you're beyond any sort of reasonable help.

yourhero

Juniors
You challenge the existence of the media stories I mentioned.
Sources are provided.
You run away whilst making sarcastic shots.

Now I remember why I gave up on this forum a few years ago. Chock-a-block full of f*ckwits.

Last edited:

Dave_

Juniors
I like seeing Smith cop it at the best of times but this is one game he'll really get what he deserves. Scott, J.Smith and Mason will be out to tear him a new one you'd think.

Noname36

First Grade
What, any insinuation that a tackled player contributes to a tackle going wrong in any way is offensive? Tell that to the thousands of fans, players and coaches that have said the same thing about Inglis on multiple occasions.

Are you a complete moron or just a heartless f**kwit?

At the moment I'm going for a combination of both.

Smith whinging so much about a f**king penalty and blaming McKinnon while he was ground clearly distressed, saying he can't feel his legs and can't even move his arms to get his mouthguard out (a player who in that instance lost his ability to walk and basically all of his arm function) is disgusting...and it says a lot about you that you think that behaviour is okay.

Smith's side conceded a penalty. McLean was suspended for a few weeks.

McKinnon lost his ability to walk, use his arms, his independence, his income, his ability to play the game he loved.

And you wanna have a cry that poor Smith or McLean might get a couple of boos? f**k me you're a f**kwit.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
lol @ the Smith hate.

Ridiculous.
Even some of your own fans think he's an arrogant wanker... but don't let the reality get in the way of the story ;-)

You challenge the existence of the media stories I mentioned.
Sources are provided.
You run away whilst making sarcastic shots.

Now I remember why I gave up on this forum a few years ago. Chock-a-block full of f*ckwits.
Well you said where they were from - no links provided so yeah I do challenge them. As someone who stays pretty well across the news in RL I really haven't seen anything about this and I think you're overestimating, embellishing and making things sound much worse than they are.

You're the one who's coming out making brazen accusations (e.g. Knights fans are gonna go nuts on McLean... lol), and you're saying everyone else is a f**kwit?
Grade A stuff :lol:

yourhero

Juniors
Even some of your own fans think he's an arrogant wanker... but don't let the reality get in the way of the story

I am yet to see a single legitimate Storm fan state that Smith is an "arrogant wanker"... He is articulate and respectful when in the media... but don't let the reality get in the way of the story

Please provide a link to any Storm player ripping into Smith... Or is this just a baseless claim?

Well you said where they were from - no links provided so yeah I do challenge them. As someone who stays pretty well across the news in RL I really haven't seen anything about this and I think you're overestimating, embellishing and making things sound much worse than they are.

Herald Sun - http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/melbourne-prop-jordan-mclean-prepares-to-face-alex-mckinnon-demons-as-storm-travel-to-newcastle/story-fni3gpfh-1227014591610

SMH - http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/cameron-smith-wants-jordan-mclean-to-play-against-knights-despite-potential-fan-backlash-20140805-100jbb.html

Fox Sports - http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/melbourne-prop-jordan-mclean-prepares-to-face-alex-mckinnon-demons-as-storm-travel-to-newcastle/story-e6frf3sc-1227014591610

News.com - http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/melbourne-prop-jordan-mclean-prepares-to-face-alex-mckinnon-demons-as-storm-travel-to-newcastle/story-fndv325j-1227014591610

They also discussed the possibility of sitting McLean out due to fear of unsavoury fan behaviour on Sterlo last night.

Seriously, if you have missed this story from going around, you can hardly claim that you are “pretty well across the news in RL”. Picking up the Daily Telegraph doesn’t cover it all.

You're the one who's coming out making brazen accusations (e.g. Knights fans are gonna go nuts on McLean... lol), and you're saying everyone else is a f**kwit?
Grade A stuff

My comments were in the context of the ongoing debate of whether Jordan will/should play. You know, those pesky news articles that you refuse to acknowledge even though you apparently are "across the news in RL"… Pffft.

Noname36

First Grade
Right, because a couple of speculative news articles suggesting that McLean might get a couple of boos is enough reason to start attacking Newcastle fans before the game has even been played...

Yep, I'm going with complete moron.

yourhero

Juniors
Yep, they are seriously considering leaving McLean out of the team because of the potential for a few boos.

Who is the complete f*cking moron again?

Cloudsurfer

Juniors

Pull your head in mate with the inference (unless you really are "quoting" :sarcasm:). Hasn't trained much at all this week because of pulling up after the Tigers game.

If you know anything of the young fella's injury history he is prone to hamstring trouble and has had more than his fair share of other injuries, knee, shoulder and facial, for his age. He's a big rangy guy and Storm have spent a lot of time getting him built up to support his height and long legs - they won't risk him if he's not 100%. Forget any hidden agenda.

Glen

Bench
Roberts has always had the ability to break the line, it's just always followed by terrible decisions and execution like that