What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'16 | R4 | Fri | BRI 21-20* NQL | Suncorp

R4: Broncos v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

THE CHAMP

First Grade
TLDR - Any call that negatively effected my team was wrong and here is why.

Was a great game played by the two teams who at their best are the top 2 in the comp, some cowboys fans need to re watch the 2015 GF and go to sleep in their commemorative GF shirts to cure the pain it would seem though.

I know it burns but the Broncos bested you.

You stop talking sense too

Jason Maher

Immortal
The pass to Feldt was not forward, but it was still the wrong decision by the Cowboys to go for the try. They were in perfect position for a field goal.

We were way too cocky, we should have put the Broncos away easy but that's what happens, they needed to be humbled.

hqdefault.jpg

Didgi

Was going to come in here and be all butthurt, but there's clearly no beating Broncos fans at their own game.

Saltiest tears I've ever seen after a win.

milchcow

Juniors
Pretty sure it's not a different rule for a ball that is rolling.

There is a difference in NRL to international rules.

If a player with his foot on the line touches a ball in the in goal, the NRL considers him to have taken the ball out, whether it's moving or not.

International RL rules, if a player touches a moving ball in the in goal whilst he has a foot out is not considered to have taken the ball out. If it's a stationary ball he is considered to have taken it out.

The Enforcer

Juniors
Hilarious having many including the media trying to tell everyone that last nights result was "revenge" for losing a GF.

Clifferd

Coach
Hilarious having many including the media trying to tell everyone that last nights result was "revenge" for losing a GF.

Exactly ffs, it was just a regular season game, with 2 points on the line.

Revenge would be both teams playing in this years GF with Brisbane winning

johnny plath

Juniors
No it should have been ruled in touch the second Eden puts a finger on it as he was out. Cowboys scrum feed 10m out.
This would have been a broncos ball because eden was already in touch. .he didn't take it out. Is like when a player puts a foot over the dead ball or sidelines to make a kick out on the full when they catch it..they become part of the line.

mxlegend99

Referee
This would have been a broncos ball because eden was already in touch. .he didn't take it out. Is like when a player puts a foot over the dead ball or sidelines to make a kick out on the full when they catch it..they become part of the line.
That's wrong. It would be like a player catching a bouncing ball a few metres over the deadball line before it has gone out and being ruled as having taken it out themselves.

Only way you wouldn't be ruled to have taken it out yourself is if it wasn't played at or if it was off a kick or something.

Last edited:

Desert Qlder

First Grade
What was with Brisbane getting their dirty on? It's not usually their style.

Swinging arms, elbows to the head, pretty nasty stuff. Usually these contests are renowned for their hard but fair play. Was a bit disappointing to see the Broncos go down that route.

blaza88z

Coach

Swinging arms, elbows to the head, pretty nasty stuff. Usually these contests are renowned for their hard but fair play. Was a bit disappointing to see the Broncos go down that route.

When you're trying to play footy and they're all over you when you're inside their 10, I would imagine that would be pretty annoying

Caped Crusader

Juniors

lol please, this has been in the Broncos game for years, especially when they are in a close contest

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Lol 'they made us do it'.

I hope Brisbane save that stuff during the next contest. It just spoils a great spectacle.

Kiwi

First Grade

Was always going to happen though, no matter who won... stupid really.

We saw the teams to beat last night for the title. No other side can run with either of these two teams this year. Scary thing for the other 14 sides is the Cowboys and Broncos can both go up another gear or two.

Kiwi

First Grade
Lol 'they made us do it'.

I hope Brisbane save that stuff during the next contest. It just spoils a great spectacle.

And I hope the refs actually have some balls and sin bin professional fouls next time, maybe the Roosters... i mean Cowboys won't commit them so often when stretched in defense. Cowboys slowed the ruck down alot when the Broncos had the ball and got away with it. Half the time Cowboys markers were never square, they camped offside all night and got away with it.

People are quick to look at one side and point the finger and cry foul on the other teams behalf based purely on a hatred for a team and it's fans. Then there is those who suffer tall poppy syndrome and the stronger that side the louder the cries, so as a Broncos fan on both counts I say your tears are sweet and when you're ready I'll call you a whambulance.

Latest posts