What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Ashes Test: Australia v England @ Gabba Dec 8-12, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweed Titan

Bench
Green looked pretty impressive with the ball, massively underused. The BOAT totally overbowled he's looked as threatening as an Aiden Tolman hit up.

Haze has to be injured.
I deadset think Tolman is more explosive than Lyon. Lyon is the biggest fraud in Australian sport.

Shades of our second innings bowling problems last season, it even stretches back a bit further. Unless they step up tomorrow there needs to be a change or two to this bowling lineup soon.

blaza88z

Coach
Easy to blame Lyon but the truth is that he is and was the perfect foil for 3 genuine wicket taking fast bowlers.

I know he's been better in this game but I still reckon Starc is the weak link, once it gets old he's got nothing. Neser carved them up today in the Aus A game and I reckon unless things change dramatically he will get an opportunity in the next game.

Really only need 2 wickets to open them up, new ball will be crucial

JJ

Immortal
Easy to blame Lyon but the truth is that he is and was the perfect foil for 3 genuine wicket taking fast bowlers.

I know he's been better in this game but I still reckon Starc is the weak link, once it gets old he's got nothing. Neser carved them up today in the Aus A game and I reckon unless things change dramatically he will get an opportunity in the next game.

Lyon isn’t to blame, he’s just meh…

and no reason to panic, you’re still in a dominant position

I’d love to see Starc dropped, but there’s almost no chance with a pink ball test next. Also think Jhye Richardson should be the next one in, he’s a slightly better than Neser. But both offer variation to Cummins & Hazlewood’s seam bowling.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Mitchell starc would be perfect if you could sub him out after his first spell like the rule in the BBL.

As he becomes less threatening in his 2nd spell onwards and is becomes a liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.