What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Australia v South Africa @ Gabba Dec 17-21, 2022

hineyrulz

Post Whore
when it’s Nortje day, it’s just Nortje day.
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

King hit

Coach
Had a ticket for today but went to a family Christmas thing instead today. Missed out on the novelty of seeing a 2 day test.

undertaker

Coach
Of all test matches where a result has been produced, today's test match was the 8th shortest of all time (in terms of the total number of overs/balls bowled during the test), and post World-War II, the 2nd shortest (4 overs longer than the India vs England test last year that finished within two days):

Bazal

Post Whore
This test match was a great advertisement for the modern day batsman……… Not!!

Funnily enough the best bat was the one who often cops the most criticism about the way he plays...

It was the kind of deck that you could score on if you played right. It'll get a harsh rating cos no one survived long enough to see it day 3-5, but it wasn't the horror people are saying. Dudes just got out before they got in. I think the space between the ears has been the thing lacking in our bats for a very long time. And that's a coaching issue for me

Meth

Staff member
The crying Indians online are providing many lols but we doctored a pitch that helped South Africa

I don't think that's right. I think the South African bowlers are good enough to take Aussie wickets on any pitch and keep them to a reasonably gettable total. I don't think the South African batsman are good enough to score a decent total. That's really where Australia's advantage is. Runs scored was always going to be the deciding factor, as I think it will be for the whole series. Head's 92 was the defining act.

In saying that, I think that all this pitch did is show how and where Australia are the better team- so, nothing to cry about...unless you had tickets to day 3.