What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: India v Australia at Pune on Feb 23-27, 2017 - AUST WIN BY 333 RUNS

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
If India will eat SOK and Nice Gazza for breakfast how will a part timer like Big Show do any better?

Bazal

Post Whore
Khawaja isn't going to help us when he averages about 10 in the sub continent.

Look I'm not happy MMarsh is near the side and ideally I'd have someone at 6 who is a genuine bat whom is competent against spin but there isn't a better option than MMarsh or Maxwell at 6/7

And how us playing 5 batsmen going to beat India when they score 973 against the likes of Lyon, SOK and Maxwell, you complete and utter plank....?

lockyno1

Post Whore
And how us playing 5 batsmen going to beat India when they score 973 against the likes of Lyon, SOK and Maxwell, you complete and utter plank....?

2 quicks, 2 spinners and an AR depending on conditions is the right way to go. I'm fairly comfortable we will get the wickets.

Meapro Ham

Juniors
If India will eat SOK and Nice Gazza for breakfast how will a part timer like Big Show do any better?

The idea is to play 3 paceman and have maxy as a backup option in case you really want a few overs from a 2nd spinner. Not for maxy to replace one of the full time spinners.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I believe, for the first test anyway, the team will be:
Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Smarsh
Hanscome
Levers
Gimp
Starc
SOK
Lyon
Hazelwood

I can see Renshaw missing out as the fat bald bloke wants that. No issue with Smarsh at 4. Big issues with Levers at 6 but I think if you pick 2 spinners which I believe they will they'll have him in the side to provide a third seamer.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Maxwell doesn't bowl in ODIs, why would they pick him as an all rounder in a test ?

He doesn't spin the ball ffs

Meapro Ham

Juniors
Maxwell doesn't bowl in ODIs, why would they pick him as an all rounder in a test ?

He doesn't spin the ball ffs

He doesn't need to spin the ball to take wickets! This is the Big Show we're talking about. He has bowled plenty of overs in ODIs by the way.

Obviously the suggestion was not to play him as a genuine all rounder. Just as a fifth or sixth bowling option that can trundle a few overs if need be.

The point I was trying to make was more about preferring 3 fast bowlers and one genuine spinner rather than 2 and 2.

Timbo

Staff member
This is a level of batshit insanity that only could have come from the Australian selectors.

Well done on that massive ton young Matty Renshaw. Now f**k of because my mate Shaun is fit again.

I was going to get Foxtel reconnected early before football season for this. Now I think I'll stick to Cricinfo updates.

This is a level of batshit insanity that only could have come from the Australian selectors.

Well done on that massive ton young Matty Renshaw. Now f**k of because my mate Shaun is fit again.

I was going to get Foxtel reconnected early before football season for this. Now I think I'll stick to Cricinfo updates.
Ive asked before. As Australians how do we overthrow Cricket Australia?

JJ

Immortal
Jadeja doesn't spin it that much either - the problem is more Maxwell isn't a very good bowler

So Lehman is saying either Renshaw or Khawaja will open with Davey... weird - I can see why Davey is a certainty, but he could be in that discussion too - aside from his mediocre away record, a quick score simply won't intimidate India in their conditions - much as it doesn't Australia in Australia's conditions.

To be honest, probably not a bad thing for the kid to be ruled out? Openers should be able to settle and get runs, but in all likelihood India are going to dismantle you - why not just let them dismantle Khawaja and Marsh, and keep Renshaw for the next tour?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Jadeja doesn't spin it that much either - the problem is more Maxwell isn't a very good bowler

So Lehman is saying either Renshaw or Khawaja will open with Davey... weird - I can see why Davey is a certainty, but he could be in that discussion too - aside from his mediocre away record, a quick score simply won't intimidate India in their conditions - much as it doesn't Australia in Australia's conditions.

To be honest, probably not a bad thing for the kid to be ruled out? Openers should be able to settle and get runs, but in all likelihood India are going to dismantle you - why not just let them dismantle Khawaja and Marsh, and keep Renshaw for the next tour?
Dropping him after scoring a big 100 would be worse then Playing and Struggling throughout the tour IMO.

The selectors have invested in this kid and if they drop him the first chance they get it just shows they don't even believe in what they are trying to do. The only way he will learn and improve is out in the middle.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Thought that was already well established, they've been all over the place this summer
They have been all over he place for a decade. They got lazy when the side pretty much picked itself. Really the last decade selections have been atrocious.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Khawaja trains away from the main group.

Renshaw trained with the main side.

Indicates the team I named will be the one. Mitch Marsh will get the number 6 position.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Yep. If you're not in the team you get banished and not allowed to train with the big boys.
Seems reasonable.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yep. If you're not in the team you get banished and not allowed to train with the big boys.
Seems reasonable.
Seems geniused, way to build team unity by dividing the team.

Once again Khawaja gets the shit end of the stick. While the derp brothers are free to f**k up to their hearts content only to get chance after chance after chance. And a wicketkeeper who couldn't catch Aids in the MCG Boggers. Khawaja' reward for being the leading run scorer this summer is to get dropped for a gimp like Sean Marsh.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Seems geniused, way to build team unity by dividing the team.

Once again Khawaja gets the shit end of the stick. While the derp brothers are free to f**k up to their hearts content only to get chance after chance after chance. And a wicketkeeper who couldn't catch Aids in the MCG Boggers. Khawaja' reward for being the leading run scorer this summer is to get dropped for a gimp like Sean Marsh.

Maybe Khawaja could learn how to play spin then. Enough of the "it's not fair" thing. He hasn't improved his ability against spin.

I don't rate SMarsh much but he averages like 80 on the sub continent he was always playing

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Maybe Khawaja could learn how to play spin then. Enough of the "it's not fair" thing. He hasn't improved his ability against spin.

I don't rate SMarsh much but he averages like 80 on the sub continent he was always playing
Marsh has never played in India so this BS about horses for courses is nothing but horseshit. ive got no problem with SMarsh batting at 6 but both the Brothers derp in the top 6 is just laughable. They may as well play Bird he'll probably score more runs as well.