What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: India v Australia at Pune on Feb 23-27, 2017 - AUST WIN BY 333 RUNS

Timbo

Staff member
Watching this T20 all I can think is how much I'd rather Paine and Henriques be there instead of Wade and MMarsh.

Meapro Ham

Juniors
So we're potentially going to leave out our best bowler and play THREE spinners. We don't have three good spinners. We don't really have one good spinner.

FMD. Completely lost the plot before a ball has even been bowled.

JJ

Immortal
I trust that's just talk - simply ludicrous to consider leaving Hazelwood out on any wicket - what kind of people do you have selecting your teams.

FFS, if you play to your strengths (the quicks) dial back the "we must dominate when batting" and play well you can compete - but having a dubious batting lineup that ends at 5 - that's with an unproven (in India) Renshaw and Handscomb in the top 5... MMarsh at 6, the Indians have Jadeja at 8 FFS

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Lehmann seems to get off scott free when it comes to stupid selections or poor performances. When its a dud selection its Hohns or Rod Marsh who get pummelled even though Lehmann is a selector himself. When the team f**ks up we blame the players.

This bloke has been riding the 5/0 ashes win for far too long. He's a dud. If we lose heavily in India his performance needs to be looked at because he is leading the stupidity and mediocrity.

mozza91

Coach
Yeah get rid of Hazlewood. Surely there's another Marsh we can pick as a replacement. Is Rod's fat son Dan still alive?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Another reason not to click on Foxsports articles, they just produce rubbish. An Indian cricket writer who writes for Wisden in India with quotes presumably from Kholi, all of which is irrelevant when talking about our team line up and selections.

Its an opinion piece, just not a very logical one.

Meapro Ham

Juniors
It's not just coming from Fox Sports. Same thing reported in SMH.

It's coming from interviews with Steve Smith, that Aust is considering 3 spinners after seeing the pitch

Timbo

Staff member
I'm so f**king angry at this team right now.

That middle order will fold faster than my mum on laundry day. We'll do well to make it last 3 days.

Timbo

Staff member
Lehmann seems to get off scott free when it comes to stupid selections or poor performances. When its a dud selection its Hohns or Rod Marsh who get pummelled even though Lehmann is a selector himself. When the team f**ks up we blame the players.

This bloke has been riding the 5/0 ashes win for far too long. He's a dud. If we lose heavily in India his performance needs to be looked at because he is leading the stupidity and mediocrity.

Lehmann is also a petulant child when it comes to criticism. Think of the (extremely accurate) Brett Geeves article. His response? 'I don't listen to blokes who didn't play for Australia'.

Lehmann views this side as his personal club team, one last hurrah to travel the world with your mates playing cricket and sinking tinnies. Everyone else can just shut up and pay for it.

Times up.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It's not just coming from Fox Sports. Same thing reported in SMH.

It's coming from interviews with Steve Smith, that Aust is considering 3 spinners after seeing the pitch

• February 22, 2017 11:10pm
  • by DILEEP PREMACHANDRAN
  • Source: FOX SPORTS

They are claiming it for some reason. They do produce an enormous amount of rubbish. They posted over a dozen articles on Green/Mundine fight and god knows how many articles they will post on this test match.

They would do better to post more quality rather then quantity as the quality really is terrible lately.

JJ

Immortal
The Australian selectors seem to have a fresh and unique perspective on the role of an all-rounder - test batting average of 23 and bowling average of 37... and I am shocked at how shit his first class batting average is - since when does an average of 29 with 4 centuries get you the #6 spot in an Australian test team?!?!?!?

Edit - since when does that sort of record make you a candidate for the top 6 in an Australian test team?!?!?!

TheParraboy

Staff member
Day off work and fox has satellite problems, f**k me

hope its sorted out soon, am pretty pissed if it wont be

TheParraboy

Staff member

Agree, Mark Waugh is another id punt

Get the broom out

Bring back Bob Simpson and AB back at some capacity