What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Grand Final - Melbourne 23 def Eels 16 @ ANZ, Sun 4 Oct* NO PREMIERS

2009 Premiers: who will it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

natheel

Coach
1. Eels played their grand final on friday night. It was intense and tough and will take much out of the team.

2. The Eels have two players who have to face the judiciary and an injured captain trying to be fit. It will be a big distraction IMO.

3. Melbourne have the experience of 3 previous grand finals and would want retribution after last years embarrassment.

For all those reason im going to say Melbourne by 14. But in saying that i really want the Eels to beat the Storm. Ill be there next Sunday so i am so pumped and cant wait.

well sing loud and sing proud if not for parra then for the premiership to stay in NSW

natheel

Coach
I really hope Parra do it, but Melbourne have peaked at exactly the right time and have possibly the best lead up to the game.

they have both had a good lead up to the final (apart from the distractions of injury and judiciary for parra)

melbourne have had a softer run in but for parra coming 8th they have continued to be tested against 1st (drags) 3rd (Titans) and 2nd (Dogs) and now 4th in the grand final and each time ppl have said they will be too tired to beat titans and dogs yet they keep winning it will depend on hayne and keatings judiciary hearings

Eelectrica

Referee
Our run is quite like the Raiders of '89 where at the back end of the season they got on a roll. Finished 4 or 5th. kind of like finishing 8th today in that they had to play 3 finals just to make the GF.

Even the dogs of '98. Difference there is that was a 5 week finals system and the dogs hit the wall at half time in the 5th game.

Garts

Bench
I dont like how much the Eels celebrated on Friday night. I know they made the GF and should be happy but the job is yet to be done and they seemed celebrate bit too much for my liking. I really hope they do the Storm as Hindmarsh deserves a premiership ring at somepoint in his career. That said I will be picking the Storm, probably by 16 points.

Eelectrica

Referee
I dont like how much the Eels celebrated on Friday night. I know they made the GF and should be happy but the job is yet to be done and they seemed celebrate bit too much for my liking. I really hope they do the Storm as Hindmarsh deserves a premiership ring at somepoint in his career. That said I will be picking the Storm, probably by 16 points.

Yeah i noticed that too. Almost like the job has been done.
Hindy, Caylo and DA will be quick to remind the players that now the real job begins...

Ladmate

Bench
The better game IMO will be before this game. I can see a thrashing by Melbourne after last years GF loss.

My prediction:
Tigers U20 win (1-6 points victory)
Storm Premiers (10-50 points victory)

gong_eagle

First Grade
Storm will probably win easily 20+
but I'm on the Sydney Eels bandwagon for them to win :sarcasm:

Butters

Bench
Parramatta haven't got a hope in hell, they barely beat Melbourne when they were playing like sh*t. And now they have to come up against them when they're in form and looking to make up for last years embarassment.

I can sense a replay of the 07 grand final coming up.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Grand Final Day Schedule
11:45am: Gates Open
12:10pm: NSW Cup Grand Final
1:50pm: NSW Cup Presentation
2:15pm: Toyota Cup Grand Final
3:00pm: Jetstar NRL Club Championship Presentation (Dragons)
3:55pm: Toyota Cup Presentation
4:10pm: Danny Green & Roy Jones Jr presented to crowd
4:20pm: Holiday Inn Junior League Relay
4:40pm: Telstra Premiership trophy delivered via Telstra Childlight chopper
4:45pm: Grand Final Entertainment
300 Club & retiring players tribue (Wes Carr)
Wolfmother
5:05pm: Teams on-field
5:08pm: Black hawk helicopter & Mexican Wave attempt
5:10pm: National anthem performed by Mark Vincent
5:15pm: NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final
6:05pm: NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final Halftime Entertainment with The Script
6:55pm: NRL Telstra Premiership Presentation

http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latest...rand-final-entertainment-program/default.aspx

Noa

First Grade
Danny Green and Roy Jones Jr.

WTF !!!!

Is the NRL GF a promtional tool for washed up knuckle-heads now.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
I would like to see the Eels win, but I don't see them beating the Storm.

Hayne v Slater will be epic :)

nqcowboy87

Bench
i dont know if anyone noticed this as the nsw cup gets swept under the rug, but if wenty beat the bulls and advance into the gf (which is a tough ask seeing as bankstown are pretty much an nrl side) it would be the fifth straight gf for an eels reserve grade side going back to 2005 and if they win the gf (again hypothetically) it will be 5 from 5, a damn incredible achievement

Bodsy

Juniors
The better game IMO will be before this game. I can see a thrashing by Melbourne after last years GF loss.

My prediction:
Tigers U20 win (1-6 points victory)
Storm Premiers (10-50 points victory)

LOL thats funny, No-one cares about the Under 20s. A better game, lol you're a joke champ.

Ladmate

Bench
LOL thats funny, No-one cares about the Under 20s. A better game, lol you're a joke champ.

The Under 20s last year was more exciting, unless you were a Manly fan. A win by 1 point is normally more exciting than a win by 13+, or in last years case, 40.

I see the Storm first-grade smashing Parramatta and the under 20s being close and thus more exciting.