What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Grand Final - Melbourne 23 def Eels 16 @ ANZ, Sun 4 Oct* NO PREMIERS

2009 Premiers: who will it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I actually think that you guys will want a good lead going into half time...Storm put teams away in the last 20mins of a game normally. Their 2nd half efforts win them a lot of games.

Actually I think the Storm would want a good half time lead. If the Eels are anywhere near the Storm at the half, and since all the pressure is on the Storm, the Eels would gain confidence and the Storm would lose confidence if the scores are close at half time. Plus, the Eels are a second half team.

Storm4Ever

Juniors
Actually I think the Storm would want a good half time lead. If the Eels are anywhere near the Storm at the half, and since all the pressure is on the Storm, the Eels would gain confidence and the Storm would lose confidence if the scores are close at half time. Plus, the Eels are a second half team.

i hope we get a good score at least half time and dosn't end scores-less by half time :oops:

Bazal

Post Whore
We have to weather Melbourne's opening onslaught...they will come out and try and take advantage of our inexperience and exuberance like they did last week. That said, we weathered a more formidable side last week, so if we can do that again we're a real hope...if we can stay in the game until it opens up, we can match their flair with our own easily. I can't pick a winner, but I reckon it'll be a cracker

Grail

Juniors
Scores to be locked at 20 by full time, with a Luke Burt field goal in the 3rd minute of Golden Point to win it.

Noa

First Grade
We have to weather Melbourne's opening onslaught...they will come out and try and take advantage of our inexperience and exuberance like they did last week. That said, we weathered a more formidable side last week, so if we can do that again we're a real hope...if we can stay in the game until it opens up, we can match their flair with our own easily. I can't pick a winner, but I reckon it'll be a cracker

Serious.

Bulldogs were woeful, particulary in the 2nd half.

They offered no threat to your line what-so-ever.

Bazal

Post Whore
Sounds like you missed the first 20, then, when they did their level best to bash us into oblivion and we stood firm.

Grail

Juniors
could it just be that they offered what threat they were allowed to offer?
some might say that the Broncos were woeful both in attack and defence against the storm....

Storm won't bash and crash their way through in the opening onslaught...it will go wide with fast plays.

natheel

Coach
i hope we get a good score at least half time and dosn't end scores-less by half time :oops:

i think halftime will be all tied up or 2-4 points difference, this game is goingto be very close and will be decided in the last 10 minutes imo

Noa

First Grade
Storm won't bash and crash their way through in the opening onslaught...it will go wide with fast plays.

Shhhhh, most of these eels fans still think we're the methodical team of the last few years.

Last edited:

Butters

Bench
Expect to see Melbourne unleash a few never before seen set plays. Every finals campaign they seem to come up with a new set play and it always results in a try.

Noa

First Grade
BTW over the last 4 matches.

Eels - 89 offloads, 144 missed tackles and 49 errors

Storm - 54 offloads, 94 missed tackles and 40 errors

Sounds like you missed the first 20, then, when they did their level best to bash us into oblivion and we stood firm.

I saw it, they were fired up after Patten was knocked out but after that they had nothing. They missed 73 tackles, 73, and you could only beat them by 10 points.

andrew123

Juniors
score difference of 2 at half time, then storm to run away with it in the last 20 minutes.

final:
storm 28-16

Latest posts