What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Four Nations Final - Australia v New Zealand

2010 Four Nations Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
given how apologetic the kiwis have been all week about the performance at eden park, it's increasingly convincing me they took a dive last week.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Australia have only themselves to blame for the loss. The Slater dropped bomb, several of Tuqiri's f**k ups, the selection of Kurt 'If he's a utility player, then I'm a Dutch Astronaut Gidley'...

RSK

Juniors
You'll have to wait until the 2014 World Cup (if you make it) to prove that point tbh

NZ won the last League game against Australia and are therefore better.

Australia won the last soccer game against NZ and are therefore better.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
The forwards were fine. This game was won and lost in the backs.

On paper the Aussie pack looked so much better, but they just tucked it under their wing and hit it up, nothing else.

Virtually no second phase play despite making ground, and in the end the Kiwis knew that they would never be passing the ball.

Then they ran out of gas at the back end of the game.

Rubbish

Dragon

Coach
Gidley really, really, really confuses me. How on earth he retains his spot match after match is completely beyond me

To be fair to Gids he is the victim of his own success, and the amount of praise heaped on him by idiotic commentators.

The sad thing is he is a jack of all trades master of none, but its not his own doing. He could have been an amazing fullback, up there with Hayne and Slater. But at club level he has had to fill in at 5/8 and did a good job, then at hooker and did a reasonable job. So they (coaches and selectors) pigeon hole him as utility when all he is guilty of is helping out his team. Selectors are f*cked in the head

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Mm we could be here all night saying this try was stupid, that try was farcical. What's done is done. It was an awesome game, a joy to watch, despite the poor (at times) officiating. Jeremy Smith was phenomenal. Thought Kearney had made a blunder taking Luke off when he did. Brought him back on soon which was good.

Gidley really, really, really confuses me. How on earth he retains his spot match after match is completely beyond me. Tonga was missing all night. You could be forgiven for forgetting he was playing at all. Kinda feel sorry for Slater, as much as I dislike the prick. Really feel for Tate. Outrageously sh*t luck the guy has.

Good form. At least there's one gracious NZ fan in here. Congrats on the win.

Move over Farah, Prince, Soward and Matai

Greg Bird is the most theatrical diver in the game. The two penalties he received were arguably warranted but the histrionics were completely unnecessary.

Oh and Tuqiri was crap.

Apey

Staff member
Speaking of Gidley, where the heck was he at the end? Old man Lockyer managed to run from further to be over there (and screw up). He should have been one of the freshest players on the field.

:lol: Clutching at straws a bit don't you think. He was playing on the other side of the field. You may as well ask why Morris didn't make the tackle.

ps. before anyone fails to comprehend I agree he is useless in the rep scene.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach

Nah, we were better at the WC, it's all about performing on the big stage :sarcasm:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Good.

Who wants to see a second rate team who come from the trees collect a trophy? They probably wanna exchange it for a bunch of bananas

So Australia Rugby league cannot beat a second rate tree dwelling banana munching team in league?

Mate you are a shame to the proud penal colony you descended from.

innsaneink

Referee
Good game.....congrats to the Kiwis, hung in and got the rewards

Not a real high standard game but tough and no nonsense, lotsa mistakes mainly by Archer....both teams could play much better....Aussies looked like theyd all just met yesterday at times.

wittyfan

Referee
NZ were undefeated at the World Cup, Australia weren't.

All Whites > Socceroos

And Jersey Shore f**king rocks!!!!

ANTiLAG

First Grade
True.

No - because after those games - there was a World CUp - where NZ was undefeated! Even drew with Italy.

If Italy = NZ and Aus > NZ - is Aus > Italy? No.

Your logic fails.

Latest posts