What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Under-20s squads

Big Pete

Referee
Why did I put Todd Murphey as coach...

Coach is Matt Wood, former Raiders winger. I'd find it hard to believe he's as awesome as Griffin but hey, I've been made to look foolish before.

It's our best looking squad of guys, whether or not they'll do well is up to them.

lifesgood

Juniors
Footy1, yes same Chris Thomas that played roosters SG Ball and then Bulldogs SG ball, Good to see him back at the Roosters

footy1

Juniors
Footy1, yes same Chris Thomas that played roosters SG Ball and then Bulldogs SG ball, Good to see him back at the Roosters

Chris Thomas is indeed a good player and it's good to see him back at the Roosters. Have the Roosters signed any other kids for the NYC?

richies

Juniors
to play nyc this year at
Chris Thomas is indeed a good player and it's good to see him back at the Roosters. Have the Roosters signed any other kids for the NYC?

thats strange as he was listed to play nyc this year with the dogs? :crazy:

footy1

Juniors
I've also been told the Roosters have signed a kid from the Bulldogs named Watson Namoa. Does anybody have any info on him? All I know is he was a gun a few years back if I remember correctly playing Premier League at 17. And also they signed a kid from South Africa named Brian Skosana. He played for the South African Schools Rugby side last year and was apparently rated as a future Springbok. I'm guessing nobody would have any extra info on him unless you're from South Africa. Good to see Peter O'Sullivan recruiting well.

richies

Juniors
yes
I've also been told the Roosters have signed a kid from the Bulldogs named Watson Namoa. Does anybody have any info on him? All I know is he was a gun a few years back if I remember correctly playing Premier League at 17. And also they signed a kid from South Africa named Brian Skosana. He played for the South African Schools Rugby side last year and was apparently rated as a future Springbok. I'm guessing nobody would have any extra info on him unless you're from South Africa. Good to see Peter O'Sullivan recruiting well.

on watson yes he did play nsw at a young age
he is a solid islander no idea what island big solid boy
but im thinking to big and solid for a regular start in nyc
from memory he play 12/13

footy1

Juniors
yes

on watson yes he did play nsw at a young age
he is a solid islander no idea what island big solid boy
but im thinking to big and solid for a regular start in nyc
from memory he play 12/13

Thanks for the info mate. I rate Martin Taupau very highly from the Dogs and for some reason I have Watson Namoa in my memory as being as good, or even better, than Taupau. I faintly remember watching him in a game a few years back and all I can remember is a big lad who was quite quick and extremely powerful.

lifesgood

Juniors
to play nyc this year at

thats strange as he was listed to play nyc this year with the dogs? :crazy:

Was strangely and very stupidly (in my opinion) cut from the bulldogs.

Watson is a tremendous player and has fallen behind alot, but definitely has the potential to be as good if he can buckle down and train hard. Big and powerful with tremendous speed off the mark and very good footwork with his size. Would cause alot of trouble for opposition. Roosters have made two great signings there

richies

Juniors
I haved changed my mind on lacklan burr maybe next year he will stand out more
still a good player but bit to young atm

footy1

Juniors
The Roosters with a full-strength side will cause plenty of headaches. The Round One game with Souths will be an absolute cracker. Imagine these two sides playing:

Sydney Roosters

1. Hughie STANLEY
2. Fine MOEAKIOLA
3. Ryan WILLIAMSON
4. JP DU PLESSIS
5. Cheyse BLAIR
6. Jacob MILLER
7. Brad MURRAY
8. Isaac MALIOTA
9. Olireti SAMUELU
10. Boyd STRICKLAND
11. Ethan LOWE
12. Joseph LEILUA
13. Jerome LEOLAHI (C)

14. Tom PELO
15. Sam BRUNTON
16. John LEIATAUA
17. Watson NAMOA

South Sydney Rabbitohs

1. Josh MANSOUR
2. Kane MORGAN
3. Junior VAI VAI
4. Dylan FARRELL
5. Kennedy PETTYBOURNE
6. Matthew MUNDINE
7. Adam REYNOLDS
8. Jacob NANSEN
9. Nathan PEATS (C)
10. Jake SHEARER
11. Hayden O'DONNELL
12. Joseph SO'OALO
13. Blake JUDD

14. Shaun DOWIE
15. Josh STARLING
16. Mannaseh WATENE
17. Jack TULEMAU

MSIH

Bench
And I don't see the Sharks be favourites for the wooden spoon. Their backline will be the best in the NYC, although their very light in the forwards. My tip for the spoon would be Manly.

Probably should stop trying to masquerade as an expert hey buddy?

isaiah

Bench
should have seen that it will be fought out between 'heartland' teams, bulldogs, eels, and panthers. i think rugby league heartland is now anywhere in queensland: biggest crowds, best players by a mile, our second side would win origin!

footy1

Juniors

I admit I didn't see Manly being competitive this season, let alone in the top 4. Full credit to them though. They have been very, very good and they are a top 4 side. Not an expert, just my opinion.

Keen4Green

Juniors
should have seen that it will be fought out between 'heartland' teams, bulldogs, eels, and panthers. i think rugby league heartland is now anywhere in queensland: biggest crowds, best players by a mile, our second side would win origin!

Which now apparently includes Macksville