What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Jankuloski

Juniors
Panthers1-420x0.jpg

Jesus CHRIST they actually look like a team.. with identity and stuff!

BTW - Does anyone know where can one get the playing jerseys - not the supporter stuff?

BunniesMan

Immortal
The Panthers main jersey is so bland. There's nothing that stands out about it, they struggle for identity out there in the west where so many locals support other teams. I think the best thing for their crowd and membership numbers would be if they'd go back to that iconic jersey fulltime.

Tom Shines

First Grade
ALL Super League teams did it here in 1997, you will probably find because the Storm only had a sleeve sponsor from memory back in 1998-1999 when they started, well they may as well had names there and fill in the open back half of their jersey, could of also been a throw back to the SL comp the year before (they were supposed to be included into the SL comp but for some reason the club wasn't ready for it) so you might find their original jerseys were supposed to be worn during the SL era, but instead of being thrown out or whatever, just recycled for their inaugural year. Just a theory, might get shot down but meh.

The Storm did it to help new Victorian fan identify players, more than anything.

And it looked fantastic yesterday, that was very clever by the Storm.

beagle

Juniors
Sorry beagle - meant for vs Manly. They'll wear the blue heritage, you'll wear white away (which, you're right, essentially doubles as heritage).

Interestingly, Roosters are yet to wear their away strip.

I think you meant my team will wear the blue heritage and they will wear white. Despite my username, I am not a "Beagles" supporter. Let's just say my team got smacked yesterday :(

beagle

Juniors
Panthers1-420x0.jpg

Jesus CHRIST they actually look like a team.. with identity and stuff!

BTW - Does anyone know where can one get the playing jerseys - not the supporter stuff?

As far as I know, players issue jerseys are exactly that. And they are a different material than supporter jerseys and would cost $200+ retail. The clubs might sell them as a one off, last year I got a Parramatta "pink" players issue jersey- different look and feel from the supporters issue, even had the ISC "grip dots" on the front. Didn't pay $200 for it though

Spitty

Juniors
The Panthers main jersey is so bland. There's nothing that stands out about it, they struggle for identity out there in the west where so many locals support other teams. I think the best thing for their crowd and membership numbers would be if they'd go back to that iconic jersey fulltime.

Nice idea, but then we'd only have to change it again in 3 years time. So whats the point.

We're poor remember, we need to change our jerseys regularly.

BunniesMan

Immortal
That is the best jersey I've ever seen. And the panthers one is OK too.
Yeah and your club plans on changing the best jersey you've ever seen...Then Canberra will get to be like Newcastle, Penrith and the Tigers. Like them you will have a much better jersey in a basement somewhere collecting dust while you play in some crappy thing some overpaid marketer has designed with a focus group.

BDGS

Bench
here's an example of the back of a SL panthers jersey.

Thorn%2cBrad%20971_392517_p.jpg

Yeah i remember and believe you, just when i think throughout history my brain generally skips out all that horrible bad stuff that many people call "super league".

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yeah and your club plans on changing the best jersey you've ever seen...Then Canberra will get to be like Newcastle, Penrith and the Tigers. Like them you will have a much better jersey in a basement somewhere collecting dust while you play in some crappy thing some overpaid marketer has designed with a focus group.
Actually, they fans were asked to submit designs and members asked to choose from four finalists, all of which aren't too far removed from the current design.

Even then, the current main strip will still be used yearly as a heritage strip.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Every jersey has tweaking to its design dingleberry. Of course having only followed league for a few months you wouldn't be expected to know that. Do you think that the souths jersey that players pulled on in 1908 is exactly the same as the one that is worn now?

S.R.

Juniors
Can't wait for next year's heritage strips.... I've heard that the Super League jerseys are making a comeback!!!! 15 years on?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Can't wait for next year's heritage strips.... I've heard that the Super League jerseys are making a comeback!!!! 15 years on?
jesus f**king christ i hope not...they're the inspiration for most of the sh*t jerseys we have now.

beave

Coach
Yeah i remember and believe you, just when i think throughout history my brain generally skips out all that horrible bad stuff that many people call "super league".

it's all good mate, I know you weren't having a go at me.

beave

Coach
Dear Panthers Heritage Jersey,

I know I said I was going to love you for all eternity, but I'm afraid I am going to cheat on you tonight and spend it with my new mistress, the Knights Heritage jersey. Let's just look at what saturday night for what it was.......... a one night stand that brought back great memories. ............ I hope you get out there and find yourself used a little more but I am afraid I cannot put these feelings aside and I have to proclaim my love for the knights heritage jersey,

All the best for the future

Beaves

beave

Coach
how the f**k do Nike make such a great front panel for the Broncos jersey, but totally screw the pooch on the back panel??????? seriously, is it that hard to go through the archives and see what the 1992 jersey looked like??? The back of this thing tonight looks like utter shiite.

Latest posts