What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Super League results & crowds

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Quins were well worth their win last night. I have no complaints and I actually think the scoreline flattered us. Only 5 penalties in the game too which surprisingly suited them as they played much quicker than us. A good crowd of 14,315 with maybe 20 or so quins fans turned out which was more than expected IMO. The western terrace was shut because the big screen hasn't been finished and it was packed.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Crusaders 26-30 Bradford

One of the poorest standard games for a while. If either side had played properly they could have easily racked up 50 points. Even the commentators were deriding the quality of the game.

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Crusaders 26-30 Bradford

One of the poorest standard games for a while. If either side had played properly they could have easily racked up 50 points. Even the commentators were deriding the quality of the game.

What was it Eddie said?

"If the St George players are watching I can assure you that Wigans players will be better than these two tomorrow" :lol:

deluded pom?

Coach
Crusaders 26-30 Bradford

I bet it was still far more entertaining than Marseille v Man U.

hutch

First Grade
Round 3

- Leeds 26 v Harlequins 36 (14350)

- St Helens 18 v Warrington 25 (10514)

- Crusaders 26 v Bradford 30 (2615)

- Huddersfield 20 v Hull FC 10 (8822)

- Hull KR 18 v Catalans 31 (8092)

- Wakefield 6 v Salford 32 (6823)

not sure what to make of the crowds this round, i thought saints v warrington would get more but its hard to say if st helens will draw a crowd playing away from home all year. the crusaders crowd is plain embarrassing!

langpark

First Grade
I think the crowds this week were good, except Crusaders of course. I hope that will be their lowest crowd this season, but i somehow doubt it. St Helens I think will have a tough season crowd-wise. But I think HKR, Hudds and Wakey did well this week, especially the latter two considering the opposition.

deluded pom?

Coach
I think the crowds this week were good, except Crusaders of course. I hope that will be their lowest crowd this season, but i somehow doubt it. St Helens I think will have a tough season crowd-wise. But I think HKR, Hudds and Wakey did well this week, especially the latter two considering the opposition.

:? Huddersfield were playing Hull who, despite their form, will take a good following to away games.

bowes

Juniors
and changing the team name constantly aint helping either.
Noone wants to watch them when they're called Harlequins though so better to rename them one last time than kill the club through wanting to stick with a very very unpopular name (crowds drop by 500 a year roughly)

adamkungl

Immortal
Good to hear Quins doing well on the field at least. Hopefully the crowds respond positively. Agree that they need to change to a decent name, Harlequins is woeful, and playing second fiddle to a Union side is bullsh*t. By the sounds of it their home ground issue is a massive problem too?

Disappointing stuff from Hull FC...cmon Fitzy!

Hopefully better things to come from Catalans and Crusaders.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Wakefield's crowd was actually very disappointing, they had a massive promotion to celebrate the club coming out of administration, they were offering huge discounts on tickets and aiming for 10k so for only 6.8 to turn up doesn't bode well for them IMO, especially considering they got smashed by the worst team over the first two games.

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Round 5 - Friday nights games:

Hull FC 42-18 Crusaders (10,422)
Salford 16-32 Wigan (6,266)
Harlequins 10-18 Huddersfield (2,624)

Last edited:

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Saturday night games:

Warrington 40-24 Leeds (11,438)
Catalan 16-22 Saints (7,095) Thats pretty much on cap at the moment due to the redevelopment of part of the ground.

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Didnt put last weeks sunday results down.

Round 4 - Sunday 6th March

Castleford 27-14 Hull KR (8,537)
Bradford 40 - 18 Wakefield (12,835)

---------------------------------------------------

Round 5 - Friday 11th March

Wakefield 6-22 Warrington (5,072)
St Helens 16-27 Harlequins (6,050)
Leeds 46-12 Salford (13,068)

Leeds were without 8 first team players and lost Ben Jones-Bishop on 5 mins too. Salford are going to struggle this year. On another note Kevin Sinfield was world class tonight. I have never seen him play as well as that and I've been watching since before his debut.

WireMan

Bench
Poor day for St Helens. Hopefully the year at Widnes won't damage the club too much.

Thats a shocking crowd for Saints. Widnes is not exactly far from St Helens. The issue is the tickets cost £25 to £30 a game for the seats down the side. Which is a lot.

Don't agree with you though. I hope it scars them for life and they turn in to the Salford of Merseyside... :D

Evil Homer

Staff member
Thats a shocking crowd for Saints. Widnes is not exactly far from St Helens. The issue is the tickets cost £25 to £30 a game for the seats down the side. Which is a lot.

Don't agree with you though. I hope it scars them for life and they turn in to the Salford of Merseyside... :D
I can imagine it's a pretty demoralising experience having to go to Widnes though, you could understand why it would put a lot of fans off. Even simple things like having to catch two or three buses can really become a drag especially if the team are unfocused like they appear to be at the moment. The atmosphere was dire at the game, the St Helens fans were outsung on the radio by the 15 or so Harlequins souls who made the trip up.

Hopefully they can have a Warrington like resurgence in their new stadium next year. A strong St Helens club is good for the game.

WireMan

Bench
I can imagine it's a pretty demoralising experience having to go to Widnes though, you could understand why it would put a lot of fans off. Even simple things like having to catch two or three buses can really become a drag especially if the team are unfocused like they appear to be at the moment. The atmosphere was dire at the game, the St Helens fans were outsung on the radio by the 15 or so Harlequins souls who made the trip up.

Hopefully they can have a Warrington like resurgence in their new stadium next year. A strong St Helens club is good for the game.

Its demoralising going to Widnes at the best of times. As a Warrington fan though the Halton stadium is a great place. :D

The atmosphere has never been great at St Helens, but 17,000 mainly standing is better and could make more noise than 8,000 sitting down watching rubbish.

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Round 2:-

Total: 59,937
Ave: 8,562
-------------------------------------

Round 3:-

Total: 51,216 (Wigan v Cas to be played at a later date due to WCC)
Ave: 8,536

Round 4:-

Total: 59,217
Ave: 8,460
Full Round 5 results:-

Round 5 - Friday 11th March

Wakefield 6-22 Warrington (5,072)
St Helens 16-27 Harlequins (6,050)
Leeds 46-12 Salford (13,068)