What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Bundy Cup

Roland

Juniors
Cabra are also a feeder team. They have about 10 players with Newtown for the preseason. Last year Newtown let Cabra have their players back for the finals and once Cabra won the Bundy, 3 players went back into the Newtown side for the finals.

St johns are a big question mark. Everyone knows that they played for no payment last year but the story is that the players had to strap each other before games because St Johns could not even come up with a few dollars for a strapper. Barakat, Tala and Markham are trialing with Cabra.

Kingsgrove won only 4 games last year and have lost most of their decent players - Michael La Manna to Wests and Blake Davies, Tuki Jackson, Joe Iosefa, Billy Carroll and Joel Jasmine are all at Cabra. Davies has played all the trials for Newtown.

parra_jesus

Juniors
St johns have about 4-5 ex bulls players . 2 former priemer league players and the rest of the squad consisting of younger players . You are def right about Blacktown . Unless they get players from the under 20s they are going to really really struggle !

parra_jesus

Juniors
Quiet a few of the boys from at johns last year have Infact left. Will be a different team this year . Ad they will be paying players this year. From what I heard the money is very low compared to other clubs though

Roland

Juniors
Blacktown Workers appears to be a wealthy club. They have appointed a coach that should know what is required but if they put in a team of u20's they will get belted every week like the Bulldogs last year.

From the 9's Arana Taumata looked the only player of the required standard.

Gas Panic!

First Grade
Why is it that so many Kingsgrove players have defected to Cabra where there is surely more competition for places? Is it simply the pathway to Newtown NSW cup?

parra_jesus

Juniors
I personally don't rate buck rogers (blacktown ) as a coach at all. May pass as a A grade coach but at the Bundy level I have heard a few players say he doesn't really have the confidence of his players. I noticed Mounties signed Latu fifita late in the offseason . Was looking very unfit at the cabra 9"s ...

Roland

Juniors
Buck may be getting a bit long in the tooth but he was no 2 to Tim Sheens at the Raiders when they were dominant and when he first dropped back to this level he had good results at Moorebank, Wenty and Hills District.

But you cant compete if you dont have the cattle.

Looks like Buck has used his old Canberra connections to bring up Queenbeyan to trial against Blacktown at Colyton tomorrow.

I reckon the shift of players from Kingsgrove to Cabra might have something to do with match payments.

Roland

Juniors
Cabra and The Entrance played in the Forster 7's yesterday. Cabra lost to Newcastle Wests 28-8 in the semi and Entrance lost to Newcastle Wests in the final 34-18.

TommyGun

Juniors
Cabra and The Entrance played in the Forster 7's yesterday. Cabra lost to Newcastle Wests 28-8 in the semi and Entrance lost to Newcastle Wests in the final 34-18.

Cabra looked like they had a few A grade players. Can't see all those guys being good enough to make Bundy Cup.
The number 1 for the Entrance (I'm assuming it was Codie Towney) was a massive standout

Roland

Juniors
Cabra looked like they had a few A grade players. Can't see all those guys being good enough to make Bundy Cup.
The number 1 for the Entrance (I'm assuming it was Codie Towney) was a massive standout

I have no idea who played for Cabra but in the preseason Cabra have about 10 players at Newtown. Once the Roosters NRL squad move back into Newtown all the Cabra blokes come back into the Bundy.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
I have no idea who played for Cabra but in the preseason Cabra have about 10 players at Newtown. Once the Roosters NRL squad move back into Newtown all the Cabra blokes come back into the Bundy.

***Roosters have Bought down 5 players from Their Train On Squad. So 4 Cabra players are Back for Bundy ***

parra_jesus

Juniors
According to my mates who are playing for the doggies ATM auburn warriors are being used as there feeder club this year.

Roland

Juniors
will any of the doggies be good enough to make the Warriors team? Remember last year the doggies won 2 out of 20 games in the Bundy with plenty of 50 plus beltings.

Roland

Juniors
***Roosters have Bought down 5 players from Their Train On Squad. So 4 Cabra players are Back for Bundy ***

Hey Rock is it only 4. I am starting to get a bit worried - where are all the Cabra players from last year, who is still with the club? - 2 trotters, Donny Thompson and Wayne Beh - only 4? - anyone else?

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Cabra Will Still Be A Force In 2012..I Have No Doubt at All. The Trotter & Vaiotu Brothers & Blake Davies with Veteran Sammy Aiga are All for Back Cabra. Anyways The Club has Plenty of Dept In The Juniors to Cover If These Players are Called Back by The Jets [due Newtown players called up to cover Rooster Injuries].. There are a Few NYC Newtown Jet Trialist that were Very Unlucky not to make the Jets 20 Team List..Who will Turnout in Cabra Colours This Season..

parra_jesus

Juniors
Agreed. Cabra will def be right up the top of the ladder all the way through the season. There depth alone is the best in the comp. the preseason comp that starts in 2 weeks at lidcombe will be intresting , even tho most teams won't field a full strength team .

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Hey Rock is it only 4. I am starting to get a bit worried - where are all the Cabra players from last year, who is still with the club? - 2 trotters, Donny Thompson and Wayne Beh - only 4? - anyone else?

Kasis, Letele & Ualese are with Mounties..Roche & Mcklevenny Still on Holidays.. Brunton & Strickland I Think is Back for Cabra..

Roland

Juniors
from all those names the team could be something like:

1 Don Thompson
2 Louis Vaiotu
3 James Trotter
4 Danny Barakat
5 Sam Aiga
6 Sam Brunton
7 Blake Davies
8 Casey Ellis
9 Trent Trotter
10 Boyd Strickland
11 Francis Vaiotu
12 Wayne Beh
13 Ben Ellis

14 Shay Ellis
15 Laurie Bamblett
16 James Roche
17 Brent Beddy

and then in the Sydney Shield side players like:

Rick Lyons
Josh McIlvenny
Tuki Jackson
Joe Iosefa
Grant Masima
Hala Katoa
Joel Dodds
Rhys Ellis
John Markham
Sene Tala
Joel Jasmine

Big Francis Tuigmala wont be around cause hes gone with Balmain not Newtown.

Dont know about Pat Fitzgerald or Keiran Edwards.

The side looks pretty good and next week we will see what Mounties have to offer.

Have I left anyone out?

from all those names the team could be something like:

1 Don Thompson
2 Louis Vaiotu
3 James Trotter
4 Danny Barakat
5 Sam Aiga
6 Sam Brunton
7 Blake Davies
8 Casey Ellis
9 Trent Trotter
10 Boyd Strickland
11 Francis Vaiotu
12 Wayne Beh
13 Ben Ellis

14 Shay Ellis
15 Laurie Bamblett
16 James Roche
17 Brent Beddy

and then in the Sydney Shield side players like:

Rick Lyons
Josh McIlvenny
Tuki Jackson
Joe Iosefa
Grant Masima
Hala Katoa
Joel Dodds
Rhys Ellis
John Markham
Sene Tala
Joel Jasmine

Big Francis Tuigmala wont be around cause hes gone with Balmain not Newtown.

Dont know about Pat Fitzgerald or Keiran Edwards.

The side looks pretty good and next week we will see what Mounties have to offer.

Have I left anyone out?

Kieran Edwards Injured (R16) Billy Carol(Season) Casey Ellis(R3)
Pat Fitzgerald(Retired) Roche Mcllveney wont be in team haven't been sighted at training. Brunton Tuki Jackson Wests, Bamblett wont be available at all. Ben Ellis will be No.9. 16 back from Newtown at training other night.
Lots of competition for spots . 25 players will be picked for next weeks game then trimmed down for rest of pre season cup

Latest posts