What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Dally M Awards Thread - live FOX 8:30pm

Who will win the Dally M in 2012?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bumble

First Grade
How do the positional awards work? Do they just give it to the bloke in that position that has the most Dally M points or do they have another criteria?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
There's some sort of criteria, NFI what it is though. lol

Big Sam

First Grade
I think it's based on who polled the most Dally M points in each position. For the last 10 years, the Dally M winner has always won his positional award.

Dally M - Barba
Coach - Maguire
Provan/Summons - Hindmarsh
Rep - Inglis
NYC - Keary
Frilingos - Souths/Roosters joint award for our 2 crazy MNF finishes
Captain - 5 man leadership group FTW!
Fullback - Barba
Winger - B.Morris
Centre - Lyon
Five Eighth - Thurston
Halfback - Cronk
Prop - Woods
Hooker - Smith
Second Row - Taylor
Lock - Gallen
Rookie - Reynolds

Hutty1986

Immortal
Ash Graham deserves winger of the year for sure. His got Aku covered in tries and I can't remember him having a poor game all year, he may not have Aku's ability to entertain the crowd or bring the ball back like aku but he has not let anyone down all year. Graham has been the best all year and if Morris gets it, it will be a real shame.

Surely Tamou has to get it and when I thought of the top front rowers this year I thought Tamou,Merrin, Myles and James Graham. Woods has been good but not quite as strong as these players.

Graham has scored a heap of tries but Morris deserves the Winger of the year gong for sure, he's been fantastic. It's also some long-awaited decent news for NSW with guys like Tamou, Woods & Merrin to form the nucleus of our props for a few years to come

MSIH

Bench
Graham has scored a heap of tries but Morris deserves the Winger of the year gong for sure, he's been fantastic. It's also some long-awaited decent news for NSW with guys like Tamou, Woods & Merrin to form the nucleus of our props for a few years to come

Who's your pick for Centre of the Year Huts?

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
How do the positional awards work? Do they just give it to the bloke in that position that has the most Dally M points or do they have another criteria?

Some sort of criteria I guess.

I remember a few years back where there was a laughable scenario where Farah only missed out on the Dally M by a few points yet Ennis won hooker of the year even though he polled far less Dally M points over the year.

some11

Referee

There's a panel of media heavyweights including Phil Rothfield and Dean Ritchie.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I hope you're right. Unfortunately I think the talented Morris brother will get the nod.

Yeah he'd have to be a massive chance. He'd be even better in the Red V alongside his neckless brother in crime though

Didgi

Graham has to be a good bet for winger of the year, equal top try scorer and from two less games than Barba too. If Tamou or Scott doesn't get prop it's a rort too.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
www.foxsports.com.au - Live stream of the red carpet at the moment. if you care about that shit.

Good drinking game though - take a shot every time the host chick says "omg you look AMAZING".

BranVan3000

Coach
Turned it on, saw somebody swinging a phone cam around like a maniac then it stopped. Good coverage.

Sameagle

Juniors
Does anyone know if channel 9 or gem are showing it delayed? I'm deciding whether or not to go to the pub

Big Sam

First Grade
No. The 'Home of League' thinks Big Brother is more important than the Dally Ms.

Latest posts