What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NBA Finals OKC vs Miami

HowHigh

Coach
Shame the Heat won, now I have to put up with all their fake merkin fans

But congrats to Lebron (and the Heat), you got your ring. That should silence the critics for a while.

1 down, 5 to go.

Mr Saab

Referee
Next year he'll be aiming for the MVP-DPOY-Finals MVP set.

Lebron has the ability to shut down any player from fast PGs to strong bigs. It would have been like MJ regularly shutting down both Stockton and Malone within the same game.

No that for a fact do you re the "set"

Jordan shutting down Malon and Stockton? Did you even watch te 1997 and 1998 finals?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Another stat to put his greatness and influence in perspective. Lebron is only the 3rd championship winner in history to lead his team in points and rebounds AND assists in the finals.

No that for a fact do you re the "set"

Jordan shutting down Malon and Stockton? Did you even watch te 1997 and 1998 finals?
I've got DVDs of both series. He didn't do to both of them what Lebron did at times to both Westbrook and Durant.

No other player in history has ever been an elite defender of both guards and bigs like Lebron has.

A relatively conservative prediction of his resume 10 years from now:
6 mvps
3 rings
3 Finals mvps
2 DPOY
3rd highest point scorer all time

That's a top 5 all time resume.

Mr Saab

Referee
No other player in history has ever been an elite defender of both guards and bigs like Lebron has.

A relatively conservative prediction of his resume 10 years from now:
6 mvps
3 rings
3 Finals mvps
2 DPOY
3rd highest point scorer all time

That's a top 5 all time resume.

Thats extremely conservative :roll:

Ridders

Coach
God the Heat's 3 point shooting was ridiculous. Mike fricken Miller of all people.

One thing that really stood out was how well the Heat attacked Durant defensively when he had the ball in transition. Let to numerous turnovers.

Congrats to the Heat.

Glad that Lebron's finally won, just so that I don't have to hear about it anymore.

Ridders

Coach
Seriously towards to end of the game I just wanted Durant to go into Kobe mode and chuck up shots. They were going to lose anyway. Might as well have gone out shooting.

Ridders

Coach
Just an observation Bunniesman.

For a person claiming to have been a Heat fan pre-Decision, you spend an inordinate amount of time talking about Lebron. I kinda figured a pre-Decision Heat fan, such as yourself, would give as much (if not more) attention to Wade. I mean he is the heart and soul of your team. Your franchise guy and all at that. Yet you barely do. And the times that you do, more often than not it's about him not giving Lebron enough help.

Mr Saab

Referee
Bunniesman wouldnt know who the Heat's first ever coach was, let alone who Rony Seiklay was (without google)
He is clearly a Lebron dick rider.

Ridders

Coach
Guess we were due for a bad Westbrook game as well, after the stunner he had in Game 4. Just couldn't hit those elbow jumpers that he was nailing in the previous game.

Harden was decent at times, found a way to get to the FT line. Surprised that Thabo played so little (only 9 minutes). Was he injured or something?

Ridders

Coach
Was early on, but I think JVG nailed it in terms of a potential turning point in the game.

Iirc it was midway through the 3rd quarter when Durant had the ball in transition off a Heat miss, down 5. Heat attacked him defensively, leading to KD turning it over and Chalmers subsequently hitting a corner 3 to extend the lead to 8. OKC had had a little momentum at that stage, but those turn of events just ended that.

Not that I can blame Durant, as he shot the ball well. Just needs to work on his handles a bit more.

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
Was early on, but I think JVG nailed it in terms of a potential turning point in the game.

Iirc it was midway through the 3rd quarter when Durant had the ball in transition off a Heat miss, down 5. Heat attacked him defensively, leading to KD turning it over and Chalmers subsequently hitting a corner 3 to extend the lead to 8. OKC had had a little momentum at that stage, but those turn of events just ended that.

Not that I can blame Durant, as he shot the ball well. Just needs to work on his handles a bit more.

100% Right, when this happened i saw the OKC heads drop, they were done.

simostorm

Bench
I was obviously talking about the future. And in terms of pure talent Lebron is more talented than Jordan. Obviously MJ is the GOAT, noone is arguing that. But Lebron is capable of doing things Jordan isn't.

Jordan couldn't shutdown the variety of players Lebron does day in and day out. Jordan couldn't rebound or pass like him.

Sure as a scorer, noone besides maybe Kareem matches him. But as an all round talent, Lebron is superior.

Before anyone gets on their rags, let me repeat, noone is debating MJs GOAT status now or in the future.

MJ's avg's first finals series vs the LAkers in 90-91

31.2 ppg
2.8 spg
1.4 bpg
6.6 rpg
11.4 apg <--
.558 fg%
.500 3pt %
44.0 mpg

Impressive.

Even more impressive.. MJ's 3rd trip to the NBA finals.. in which he secured his third ring:

41.0 ppg <<< wow..
1.7 spg
6.3 apg
8.5 rpg << nice job on the boards mike..
.508 fg%

The problem is that simply.. ppl are saying LBJ is as good as Jordan.. and its not a matter of whether he ends up being better or not.. its a matter of LeBron needs to earn that respect.. you cant just grab respect from air in basketball.. you gotta earn it..

but in saying that.. alot of this expectation of LBJ vs MJ has been heaped on LBJ.. and its not even his fault.. the media has attacked him over the years which has brought out a defensive attitude from James..

but you can see this years finals apearance.. he really rose above that.. he has humbled himself and he earned his ring with respect and playign well.

Good on him.. however.. i bet you even King James sings to himself.. "like mike.. i wanna be, i wanna be like mike"

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Cant everybody just be happy to watch 2 of the best talents basketball has ever produced.

one thing though, would MJ have dominated even more if he had the supporting crew that Lebron has or vice versa with James with the bulls.

Like Compare the "Big 3" would Jordan, Wade, Bosh be better than Jordan, Pippen, Rodman

Good stuff from the Heat, been a fan since the days of Alonso Mourning and Tim Hardaway. Still prefer Golden State Warriors though :)

Cartman

Juniors
Tim Hardaway was my favourite player growing up and I started following the Heat when he went there. Still a soft spot for the Warriors and I hope the Bogey Man can stay healthy and help them win a few.

On topic, great win for the Heat. I was reading that LBJ statistically had one of the most dominant seasons since Shaq's first championship season. The role players really stepped up when needed to as well.

OKC is going to be scary good if they can keep their pieces together. Loads of talent and a year wiser.

Latest posts