What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Intrust Super Cup Grand Final - Northern Pride V Easts Tigers

Patorick

Staff member
"You're a joke ref", says someone in the crowd.

Sure.

Last edited:

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Second largest margin in BRL/Queensland Cup Grand Final history. Only Wynnum-Manly defeating Souths 42-8 in 1984 in higher.

Great display by a very good team today. Deserved Premiers.

Packy

Bench
I walked in going for Pride but left wishing Easts had won. Refs were disgusting. Pray that those particular ones never make the leap.

Wow. Never seen a finish like that before in a 1st grade grand final. Both teams lost the plot in the final 10 minutes and Sharpe lost control as ref.

But the Pride were by far the better team on the day and the score line reflected that.

And another 1st grade gf loss for Easts. That's 8 in a row now!!!

aussie_q_factor

Juniors
Great win by the Pride. Atrocious finish. Bad look for both teams and Q Cup.

Perhaps it is me, but playing the GF in front of 7k in a 50k stadium just doesn't seem right. Unless they can get 20k to a GF a smaller ground will generate a better atmosphere and look better on TV. What's wrong with Ballymore? ;-)

XXXX Cap

Juniors
I walked in going for Pride but left wishing Easts had won. Refs were disgusting. Pray that those particular ones never make the leap.

Easts got the penalties 11-6 so they don't have much to complain about. They got away with plenty in the middle part of the second half which led to the frustration. It isn't the first time that Sharpe has lost control.

It's an annual discussion about the venue. Ballymore is a Rugby Union ground with very little public transport to it.

I have enjoyed the two Grand Finals played at North Ipswich but I can see why others might not like it there. Essentially, after talking about it for the last twenty years, there is still no perfect answer.

Haffa

I have enjoyed the two Grand Finals played at North Ipswich but I can see why others might not like it there. Essentially, after talking about it for the last twenty years, there is still no perfect answer.

I've watched the last two and I didn't think it was possible but North Ipswich was the better venue. Being packed in like that in Suncorp felt odd.

John Fifita

Coach
My family and I had a much better time at Ipswich last year. The kids can run around and the beers weren't $20 each.

gUt

Coach
I guess they kept everyone together so they didn't have to clean the whole stadium. f**kin drinks were expensive tho. It's a shame it wasn't a better game but still, worth the trip in.

Packy

Bench
Personally I don't mind the game at Suncorp. Anywhere else and I probably CBF going.

Diehards

Juniors
How about the QRL do some more to promote it so it gets 20000 there??
Sell tickets through the Clubs - each club gets a cut of the tix they sell.... have a presentation to all the junior premiership winning teams in SE Qld.... expand on the Blast from the Past function

They have improved a heap with promotion over the past few years but still so much to do!! This should be the pinacle of RL in SE Qld