What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsorship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdalymc

Bench
I was thinking, aww yeah its a blue and orange jersey, then I seen it-
ITS A f**kING HI VIS WORK SHIRT
HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

surprised it took 5 years though

stevenwbird

Juniors
5juiUkL.jpg

I suppose it is meant to replicate a mining drill shirt. If mining attire represents the demographic of Newcastle what would the Roosters wear that would represent the demographic of the Eastern Suburbs i.e darlinghurst and Kings X

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
so knights will wear that jersey twice in the 2014 season apparently...

not sure how you can change your NRL approved colour from red to orange, spose all those stupid superman jerseys

The Great Dane

First Grade
Since it's supposed to look like a mining shirt it look great.

No it wouldn't normally make a good footy jersey, but it's supposed to look like a hi vis mining shirt so it looks great.

Some of you guys need to claim down a bit about jersey designs, especially ones that are intended as charity/one off event jerseys.

Saint Doc

Coach
Since it's supposed to look like a mining shirt it look great.

No it wouldn't normally make a good footy jersey, but it's supposed to look like a hi vis mining shirt so it looks great.

Some of you guys need to claim down a bit about jersey designs, especially ones that are intended as charity/one off event jerseys.

What is your club if it's not their name, badge and colours?

Players come and go.

Different stadia become "home".

You support the identity of the team

This is not a one off, this is not a charity.

It's a jersey to be worn at least 4 times over 2 years, and they've sold their "soul" to a sponsor the change their colours.

It's embarrassing. I'm embarrassed for Newcastle

Swarzey

Bench
Even though the soul of Newcastle is mining? Better than selling our soul to promote a shit super hero movie.

But hey, if this gets them one step closer to being our major sponsor once Tinkler leaves then I'm all for it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
What is your club if it's not their name, badge and colours?

Players come and go.

Different stadia become "home".

You support the identity of the team

This is not a one off, this is not a charity.

It's a jersey to be worn at least 4 times over 2 years, and they've sold their "soul" to a sponsor the change their colours.

It's embarrassing. I'm embarrassed for Newcastle

Mining is part of the identity and ethos of the Hunter, which Newcastle represents. It's a f**king brilliant idea and I'm yet to see one Knights fan express any annoyance or disappointment about it tbh.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Even though the soul of Newcastle is mining? Better than selling our soul to promote a shit super hero movie.

But hey, if this gets them one step closer to being our major sponsor once Tinkler leaves then I'm all for it.

Mining is part of the identity and ethos of the Hunter, which Newcastle represents. It's a f**king brilliant idea and I'm yet to see one Knights fan express any annoyance or disappointment about it tbh.

Exactly!

Tough I'd still love to see the Raiders do Thor and Hulk jerseys, just for the irony and hilarity.

PoWdErFiNgEr84

Juniors
As a knights fan I'm disgusted with this move. We have sold our jersey including colours for a sponsorship deal. If NSW Mining want to sponsor us, so be it, they can appear on our jersey but we should never sell our team colours to the highest bidder. Maybe we should also have a green jersey in honour of NIBs long term sponsorship of the club. Disgusted!

Frederick

Staff member
As a knights fan I'm disgusted with this move. We have sold our jersey including colours for a sponsorship deal. If NSW Mining want to sponsor us, so be it, they can appear on our jersey but we should never sell our team colours to the highest bidder. Maybe we should also have a green jersey in honour of NIBs long term sponsorship of the club. Disgusted!

You can't compare nib and mining. Newcastle is a mining town. It was built on coal mining, the mines employ a huge amount on novocastrians, coal is our number one export. This jersey reflects how important mines and mining has been to newcastle. I don't mind it at all, think it's a good initiative

Status
Not open for further replies.