What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 SG Ball & Harold Matts (and other junior rep news)

KAB

Juniors
True about my young bloke chasing his dream, and that is what young kids do, dream!!! You are right about it will be interesting if kids have to play up in Newy if they choose to play reps with them. I can see a media fight which will more than likely damage the reputation of the game on the Coast and possibly drive kids away. I don't think the Roosters would want to drive kids away from our area considering the few actual juniors that they have in Sydney play in the Bunnies comp.......so it would be hypocritical to say the least. Restraint of trade would also be another factor that could arise if the Coast (or should I say one person) tries to enforce such nonsense.

Just to let you know too, the support and opportunity that the knights have given my young bloke has been top notch, second to none.

Finally, please don't pretend to know anything about my son as you don't know any truth at all, maybe rumours is all you know. And why should we move? Does that mean any coast kids who make the Roosters in the future will need to move to Bondi? Stupid comment that mate!!! You seem to know who I am so come out from behind your handle or is it safer to remain an anonymous troll? Cheers!!!!

Sorry to upset you MOH, you are correct that I don't know you or your son. That was stab in the dark, and I got in one. I'm glad the support and the help the knights have given your young bloke is 'top notch' and so it should it's In the best interest of the club carrying these young players.
This is a forum where people can make observations, express their thoughts, and give support for their local area. I may have over stepped the mark but I had guess, sorry....you may need to relax.
It's not a big deal, maybe I'm a little passionate about footy on the coast. Cheers...

MOH

Juniors
Sorry to upset you MOH, you are correct that I don't know you or your son. That was stab in the dark, and I got in one. I'm glad the support and the help the knights have given your young bloke is 'top notch' and so it should it's In the best interest of the club carrying these young players.
This is a forum where people can make observations, express their thoughts, and give support for their local area. I may have over stepped the mark but I had guess, sorry....you may need to relax.
It's not a big deal, maybe I'm a little passionate about footy on the coast. Cheers...

No worries KAB. As you can see I too am passionate about footy in general but more importantly am passionate about footy on the Coast too. I'm a life member of my club and you don't get that for not putting in the hard yards locally. I understand people expressing their own opinions but it boils my water when I hear incorrect rumours, which don't help anyone. It's funny how no one else mentions Manly or the Dogs getting their hands on the talent that our region breeds. Over the years they have taken the ransoms share with not much of a whimper from anyone.......plus the other thing is sure, 5 boys went to Newcastle, which provided the Coast with about $12,500 in development fees, but it also allowed 5 other Central Coast kids the opportunity to play in the reps that would not have had a chance to do so if those 5 boys stayed, so my question is, who really won out of this?? I say the Central Coast, which is proving to be one of the best breeding grounds for rugby league in NSW!!!!

MOONUNIT

Juniors
Does anybody on the central coast know who the coaches for the centurions h/matts and sg ball are for 2015, i heard that a decision has been made.word has it this years matts coaching staff got the sack, could understand 2 of the staff getting the flick due to lack of experience but why did a guy like john mcphee get punted, maybe he's not a yes man ?

Its not hard to work out who you are if you are a local MOH lol. I just hope the Roosters embrace the area and not just take our better players to strengthen theirs like Troy Pezet and Newcastle did.

One thing that does worry me with the Roosters/Wyong Roos partnership:sarcasm: is the Roosters recent signing of the Gold Coast Titans unwanted hooker Matt Srama when Wyong have probably the best hooker not to have played NRL in NSW Cup NSW hooker and captain Mitch Williams.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
There's your answer right there. Mitch Williams has never played NRL, they probably wanted a back-up hooker with NRL experience. Also given the Roosters don't have any local juniors all they're going to do is take the best juniors from 15 onwards and just strengthen their own junior rep teams.

There's your answer right there. Mitch Williams has never played NRL, they probably wanted a back-up hooker with NRL experience. Also given the Roosters don't have any local juniors all they're going to do is take the best juniors from 15 onwards and just strengthen their own junior rep teams.

I don't think the Roosters will rape and pillage the Coast like Newcastle did during their so-called partnership. I suppose we will just have to wait and see. I really hope the Roosters look after the Central Coast and do the right thing and play more NRL matches up here at Central Coast Stadium, they will certainly get more spectators up here than they would at Allianz.

Last edited:

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I actually think it would be a pretty good move if the Roosters permanently moved up to the central coast. Gives the CC a good team, I'm sure a lot of people will be able to embrace the Roosters pretty early on and the kids on the CC will have a certain team to go to.

I'm led to believe that the Roosters will not bolster their Junior rep teams with talented Coast boys. That the whole point is to allow the local lads to stay on the Coast and play for the Centurions even if they've already been contracted to the Roosters. A bit like the arrangement the Wests Tigers have with Keebra Park High School up in QLD. Watching the Centurion SG Ball team get carved up by former players Dan Peck and Jakob Giles yesterday I'm all for anything that allows the locals to stay and play with their mates until the cream head off to play U20s.

KAB

Juniors
I'm led to believe that the Roosters will not bolster their Junior rep teams with talented Coast boys. That the whole point is to allow the local lads to stay on the Coast and play for the Centurions even if they've already been contracted to the Roosters. A bit like the arrangement the Wests Tigers have with Keebra Park High School up in QLD. Watching the Centurion SG Ball team get carved up by former players Dan Peck and Jakob Giles yesterday I'm all for anything that allows the locals to stay and play with their mates until the cream head off to play U20s.
Yes I have to agree, the Roosters allow the coast players stay on the coast and play. But this doesn't stop them from training with their 20 s squads. If you look at last years coast team and the year before 3 are at the Knights 2 with the Eagles, one with the rabbits one with tigers with a lot of the squads with this same age group that played matts together there is a 3 more. Majority stayed on the coast, is the competition about winning or developing? But do have say winning is nice.

Forty20

First Grade
Parramatta are through to the Harold Matthews Grand Final after blowing the Tigers away 38-8. Some crazy conditions in the second half with a storm blowing in and out just about perfectly for the 30min stanza of play.

girvie

Staff member
Grand Finals next week

Harold Matthews - Parramatta (1st) vs Cronulla (5th)

SG Ball - South Sydney (7th) vs Cronulla (8th)

Lot's of upsets throughout the finals series.

Amazing work from Cronulla for both sides to make the GF from the second half of the ladder.