What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015/16 Premier League

mozza91

Coach
United are not that much more balanced then they previously were. What United have mainly needed is another striker, new/better centre backs, and most likely a goalkeeper too, none of which they have done yet.

I think we can make do with Rooney as the sole striker. Put Depay, Herrera and Mata behind him and they'll create enough. Although Pedro still may a chance of coming so he'll slot in somewhere up front.

Defence is a completely different issue though. I'd say give Jones one of the Centre back spots and keep him there, probably with Blind although I'd prefer Smalling. If De Gea leaves at least we've got Romero who is decent.

Overall though I think this side is better than last season's.

saint.nick

Coach
I think we can make do with Rooney as the sole striker. Put Depay, Herrera and Mata behind him and they'll create enough. Although Pedro still may a chance of coming so he'll slot in somewhere up front.

Defence is a completely different issue though. I'd say give Jones one of the Centre back spots and keep him there, probably with Blind although I'd prefer Smalling. If De Gea leaves at least we've got Romero who is decent.

Overall though I think this side is better than last season's.

Rooney certainly is a wonderful striker, but what happens if he gets injured? You used to have RVP and Falcao as bona fide strikers to call upon, but now you only have James Wilson.

Pedro is capable of playing as a forward so perhaps he can be a replacement, but I think he's much more of a winger.

You have options in defence, it's just the quality that's the issue. Jones and Smalling IMO aren't that great, plus you are losing a lot of quality when De Gea is gone. He virtually saved LVG's job.

That's not to say we don't have our own issues too. We have too many strikers on the books, Rodgers is a bit too friendly with Lovren and Skrtel, we probably need another fullback, and for some reason Rodgers is oblivious to the need of a DM. Maybe he has some kind of high-pressing game plan that negates the need of a DM, but I'm nervous.

saint.nick

Coach
we ??

are you his spokesman ?

You're making things up.

You like reminding everyone with a prediction that the window isn't over. I think we all get it, there's no harm in making predictions based on how things stand at the moment.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I know, that's why I asked if you were his spokesman, I'm sure he can answer for himself

saint.nick

Coach
Ha, crucify me because I dared to defend another poster on this forum...I'm over this petty shit.

ggmu

Juniors
I feel like we will see a fair amount of Januzaj up front this season. But yeah Hernandez should get a decent amount of minutes this year. Assuming we dont bring in a striker, which im confident we will

saint.nick

Coach
Yeah they do. At least they have a capable manager who doesn't need a player to fall into his lap in order to get results.

Spurs will again finish above Liverpool.

Spurs only finished above us because we let them in the last few games.

Red Bear

Referee
Liverpools key is getting through the draw in the first few months of the season (every big team away) still in touch. If they do, they'll be in with a decent shot of top 4. If they don't they're in real trouble.

Alot of new players again means there'll be an adjustment period also, so I'm not heaps optimistic. Some good signings in there though

saint.nick

Coach
I think losing 6-1 at stoke was evidence enough Haff, they didn't give a shit anymore. Liverpool had a superior team last season and continue to do so.

Last edited:

Latest posts