What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015/16 Premier League

saint.nick

Coach
Saint.nick is the type of typical Liverpool fan who makes it embarrassing for the rest of us

Perhaps you should stop feeling insecure about yourself just because of how others act on the internet :lol: you seem like this type of guy who's happy when his team is relegated because it proved your prediction right.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think losing 6-1 at stoke was evidence enough Haff, they didn't give a shit anymore. Liverpool had a superior team last season and continue to do so.

But you still have Brenda so that evens things up

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Really ?

Is that what Scousers think of him ?

You'd have to suck big time for him to be ditched mid season

Deacon

First Grade
Spurs only finished above us because we let them in the last few games.

Only once in the last six years have Spurs finished outside the top 5. Only once in the last six years have Liverpool finished inside the top 5.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Hopefully BR having a new coaching staff placed around him will improve us. my biggest concern is we havent addressed our biggest issue which is defence, instead rewarding the shitness by extending Skrtels contract.

cb4

First Grade
Hopefully BR having a new coaching staff placed around him will improve us. my biggest concern is we havent addressed our biggest issue which is defence, instead rewarding the shitness by extending Skrtels contract.

Mate, this alone should have him walking on thin ice.

He said all last year he wanted a keeper to put pressure on Mignolet, so what does he do, goes and signs Adam Bogdan, when Romero was a FA.

He doesn't address the RCB at all, and we will go into the next season without a DM. No protection on the back 4 from midfield again, on a defense that leaks 50 goals with ease.

It's frustrating. I know he had a budget, but there are free agent DM's like De Jong, M'Villa ect out there. Hell, Alex Song is/was available for 5mil.
Yet we get linked with strikers and wingers daily.

If we have 15 Mil to bid on a new forward, someone needs to tap him on the shoulder and advise him of our deficiencies.

Haffa

I hate spurs more than any other team in any other sport, but IMO they're more equipped to break into the Top 4 than Liverpool. I'd love to be proven wrong in time but they're setting themselves to finish between 4th and 6th for the next 25 years (never any higher though).

Haffa

When at times it appears you don't have a structure or game plan in defence, How do you address it? He will end up buying players who looked good in another managers system again.

saint.nick

Coach

Dude, there are problems when not only the coaching can't see Skrtel's deficiencies, but fans can't either. Heaps of Liverpool fans I speak to love Skrtel and think he's our best defender.

Agree about the coaching staff though, they're my only hope of Rodgers turning out a better campaign. They might be able to integrate new players into the squad better than what their predecessors did last season.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Mate, this alone should have him walking on thin ice.

He said all last year he wanted a keeper to put pressure on Mignolet, so what does he do, goes and signs Adam Bogdan, when Romero was a FA.

He doesn't address the RCB at all, and we will go into the next season without a DM. No protection on the back 4 from midfield again, on a defense that leaks 50 goals with ease.

It's frustrating. I know he had a budget, but there are free agent DM's like De Jong, M'Villa ect out there. Hell, Alex Song is/was available for 5mil.
Yet we get linked with strikers and wingers daily.

If we have 15 Mil to bid on a new forward, someone needs to tap him on the shoulder and advise him of our deficiencies.

It's ridiculous at times considering how blindingly obvious it is that our defence is shit house. Even when we bring in more and more attacking players like we have last few windows, we never see any sort of effort to improve the defence.

The thing is we have a decent DM in Lucas but BR refuses to acknowledge his importance to our team, instead opting to pick Allen in some Deep Lying playmaker role.

Even now we're being linked with Cheryshev, I dont know is he going to play some sort of 1-8-1 formation this year?

Jack_Napier

Staff member
When at times it appears you don't have a structure or game plan in defence, How do you address it? He will end up buying players who looked good in another managers system again.

Exactly, I just don't get how a guy who has worked under Josè doesn't have more focus on the defensive side of the game. The fact he doesn't seem to acknowledge we have an issue shows he doesn't understand that side of the game.

It's what worries me about Clyne a little bit, he was really good in that rock solid Southampton defensive unit. Wanyama covered him plenty which allowed him to break forward a lot, we have a Wanyama type player in Lucas but BR doesn't play him.

Hopefully the new assistants and coaches have more input into the defence coz BR has shown he isn't up to it.

Haffa

I know I'm biased but your Liverpool hate seems stronger. Never understood why you guys hate Spurs so much though...

It's not even on the same level.

It's a London thing, but it's been going for 25 years for me..

ggmu

Juniors
Well De Gea isnt playing tomorrow cause of the madrid interest. I thought we were telling Madrid to go f**k the selves. But i guess we will see him leave for a cut price and be stuck with Sergio Romero in goals. Though i hope he starts Sam Johnston.