What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 ODI WORLD CUP discussion thread

vvvrulz

Coach
Not to mention the Windies will have had a 9 day layoff between that UAE match and their previous match vs India.....

...and that's been the problem with this tournament. Even factoring in the travel across different time zones, these regular 6-7 day turnarounds teams have been getting in this tournament is way too long,

I studied linear programming briefly and this sort of thing would be a piece of cake with the right tools. You'd have constraints such as a max of say 4 days between games, a min of 2 days, one country hop per team within a 4 day bracket, top eight teams play each other in weekends or Friday nights, etc.

Even sitting down with a spreadsheet and doing it manually wouldn't take long.

Just smacks of usual ICC laziness

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Ok with the pool games almost done.

Batsmen of the tourney thus far

Sangakara, 496 runs, average 124, strike rat 119, 4 x 100

Bowler

Starc, 16 wickets, average 8.50, econ 3.67, 1x 4 for 1 x 5 for

JJ

Immortal
Most overrated of the tourney thus far

Adam Milne + Pat Cummins = Joint winners

Congrats fellas

Williamson 6 : Cummins 0

Sorry, but who exactly is rating Milne so highly... most kiwis are uncomfortable about him, but he is the quickest bowler in the tournament, and Baz was him there - so Baz has him there.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Williamson 6 : Cummins 0

Sorry, but who exactly is rating Milne so highly... most kiwis are uncomfortable about him, but he is the quickest bowler in the tournament, and Baz was him there - so Baz has him there.

I still haven't forgiven Cummins for that,Starc almost rips through the whole team and than this donkey comes on and bowls the juiciest of half volleys to the Kiwi's best batsmen and gets spanked out of the stadium.

Fancy bowling that terrible ball in that situation to that quality batsmen to undo all of Starc's great work.

vvvrulz

Coach
lol at the Cummins and Milne hate, what a weird troll this is.
I haven't met a single person that rates either of them.

Both have plenty of unproven potential and that's all there is.

TheParraboy

Staff member
4 years is a long way off but I think Australia had one of the, if not the youngest sides in this cup

We lose Haddin, Watson, Clarke and Johnson for 2019.

Smith takes over from Clarke (we performed well without Clarke anyway)
Neville for Haddin (even swap, though Neville will keep better being younger)
Mitch Marsh for Watson

and we have Pattinson/Cummins/Henrquies and a couple of others vying for Johnsons spot

Probably need to unearth a middle order bat, as Bailey will be to old. Maybe Chris Lynn? Khawaja? Burns?

The rest barring injury or form should be there

6th title in 2019?

Finch
Warner
Smith (c)
?
Maxwell
Marsh
Neville (they may give the gig to Carters in one dayers?)
Faulkner
Starc
Pattinson
Hazlewood

12th man Cummins

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Locky's pin up boy may be in there by then although I read that he is off to Tassie to play first class cricket as he wont get first class exposure for the Bluebags for a few years yet.

Latest posts