What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 ODI WORLD CUP discussion thread

undertaker

Coach
Because the Commentators are AFL loving morons.

e.g. Shane Warne, James Brayshaw, Damien Fleming, Brendon Julian, Drew Morphett (thank God he retired)...even Tubby Taylor spruiked several times this summer about how him and his son attend Swans matches at the SCG.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
e.g. Shane Warne, James Brayshaw, Damien Fleming, Brendon Julian, Drew Morphett (thank God he retired)...even Tubby Taylor spruiked several times this summer about how him and his son attend Swans matches at the SCG.
Dont forget slats, even though the dickhole was on the NRL footy show.

shiznit

Coach
again, I don't know where the hell this shiznit guy has appeared from, but he obviously hasn't done his research. Every NRL fan living in Australia on this forums are all too aware of how the AFL have lobbied the government into getting tax payers to fund all their expansion projects, and they have succeeded for the most part because they have friends in high places in the government or the media (e.g. Ron Clarke, mayor of Gold Coast).

Just to refreshen your memory, remember how the QLD government initially stipulated a clause before the Gold Coast Suns were admitted about how they would be forced to play out of The Gabba in Brisbane and that they would be playing in no new GC stadium before 2016?

http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/showthread.php?9631-Carrara-Stadium&

What happened with that?

And remember also how then-NSW Premier Nathan Rees put the kaibosh on GWS proposal for a new stadium/redevelopment as well?

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=975450

What happened with that too???

The AFL fought tooth and nail and had both of those clauses reversed, BUT at the expense of the taxpayers and not their own funds, just to prop up their sport. And that is before you mention the whole drop-in pitch issue for cricket matches just so their precious footy players don't have to get tackled on the 'hard' centre pitch....

In a nutshell, the AFL is like those spoilt-brat girls and women like Rose Porteous who love living in opulence and flaunting their wealth and assets, so long as it is someone else who has paid for it.

I don't quite get that statement... Considering I've been part of these forums about 6 years longer than you have... :?

shiznit

Coach
Great, great news for this weekend guys...

image.jpg

The forecast has improved a lot as we've gotten closer...

hellteam

First Grade
It feels like every other team has played about 4 times and we've played once, let us play!!!

undertaker

Coach
It feels like every other team has played about 4 times and we've played once, let us play!!!

Same.

It feels like our opening game vs England was over a month ago. And literally speaking, by the time we take the field on Saturday, the West Indies will have already played 4 matches.

So, this 2 week layoff is either going to benefit us or not: Benefit us in the sense that those players carrying niggling injuries have had an extra week to recover, or not benefit us that we will be lacking match practise compared to a side who have already played 3 matches.

Also, most of the major teams have approx. 7 day intervals between most of their matches in the group phase (4 of Australia's 6 group matches are on Saturdays). That's a bit too long IMO

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
Same.

It feels like our opening game vs England was over a month ago. And literally speaking, by the time we take the field on Saturday, the West Indies will have already played 4 matches.

So, this 2 week layoff is either going to benefit us or not: Benefit us in the sense that those players carrying niggling injuries have had an extra week to recover, or not benefit us that we will be lacking match practise compared to a side who have already played 3 matches.

Also, most of the major teams have approx. 7 day intervals between most of their matches in the group phase (4 of Australia's 6 group matches are on Saturdays). That's a bit too long IMO
We played 3 games in 1 week and then a weeks break until the Aussie game...

Red Bear

Referee
Big test for NZ on friday. They have been very good of late but they haven't face a particularly good bowling attack since South Africa played them in October, and they did not fare well in those ODI's. Their top order was made a mess of, albeit one without Taylor or Williamson. Still though, Taylor is not in the best of form, and this match against Australia should be a real test to see just where NZ is at.

I rate the side highly off the back of Boult and Southee, who are bowling very well indeed, and I expect them to trouble our batsmen. They're very well balanced as well, fire at the top, Williamson - Taylor - Elliot all capable of batting long periods of time and holding a side together than Anderson, Ronchi and even Vettori/Southee capable of biffing some late runs.

I think it will be a good game with NZ a huge chance of winning. I'm not yet convinced by Australia either, given Smith is the only player from 3-5 who has scored any runs in the last 3 months.

hellteam

First Grade
Feels like they could condense this World Cup a lot more, you really don't need a 7 day break between one day cricket.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Big test for NZ on friday. They have been very good of late but they haven't face a particularly good bowling attack since South Africa played them in October, and they did not fare well in those ODI's. Their top order was made a mess of, albeit one without Taylor or Williamson. Still though, Taylor is not in the best of form, and this match against Australia should be a real test to see just where NZ is at.

I rate the side highly off the back of Boult and Southee, who are bowling very well indeed, and I expect them to trouble our batsmen. They're very well balanced as well, fire at the top, Williamson - Taylor - Elliot all capable of batting long periods of time and holding a side together than Anderson, Ronchi and even Vettori/Southee capable of biffing some late runs.

I think it will be a good game with NZ a huge chance of winning. I'm not yet convinced by Australia either, given Smith is the only player from 3-5 who has scored any runs in the last 3 months.

Saturday mate
12pm AEDT start

Red Bear

Referee
Yeah meant saturday. Oh well.

And yes they could condense it more. 9am/2:30pm starts really allows for multiple games per day more often than there has been.

shiznit

Coach
I got a feeling that Milne will be the difference...

Either he is going to come in for some massive tap by the aussie batsman... Or he's going to bowl very quick and aggressive and run through them shane bond style...

I'm picking he's gonna get some tap... :lol:

TheParraboy

Staff member
Yeah meant saturday. Oh well.

And yes they could condense it more. 9am/2:30pm starts really allows for multiple games per day more often than there has been.

yeah mate, knew you might have known. More for the kiwis that might have read it and turn up to Eden Park a day early :p

DC_fan

Coach
Wouldn't it be funny if we don't make the finals. That rained out game against Bangladesh just might come back and haunt us.