What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016/17 Premier League

saint.nick

Coach
Sorry, not what I meant, maybe I misunderstood your comment by who is putting pressure on them. I meant on the pitch not the table.

We beat both the Chavs and Citihad and we dont play any more top 4 teams so we cant do anymore than what we have already done.

I agree on the table, its Chavs to lose but as Haffa said, they would have to lose 4 games and I cant see that happening. We drew far too many games early in the season while they were winning and they deserve to be where they are.
With all due respect to Spurs, it should not be up to them right now to give Chelsea their stiffest competition, which is an indictment of how badly the rest have failed at pulling their own weight. Spurs are a top 4 quality team but not championship quality yet, not until they buy another good striker. The rest of the top 6 really need to get their act together, that's two straight years now that the champions have cruised over the finishing line untouched. And it's not it's because they were Bayern or Barcelona, last year was Leicester for god's sake.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think you'll find we were champions league quality and will be again next year.

Haffa

I think you'll find we were champions league quality and will be again next year.
Probably closer to a title run than everyone except City too, as much as you know that hurts to say.

Adapting to playing at Wembley will be crucial, something we face in a year.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
sorry I dont agree, I think we are on par although table suggests different, we are just slightly above them by 2 points but huge difference in goal difference

they are in for a massive overhaul apparently this summer but as usual our transfer window will be all about profit, next season should be a completely different situation, they could be challenging for the title

Haffa

Yeah. I guess I was factoring in their ability to be able to buy their way out of trouble.

United will be doing the same too I suppose.

saint.nick

Coach
Probably closer to a title run than everyone except City too, as much as you know that hurts to say.

Adapting to playing at Wembley will be crucial, something we face in a year.
Why does it require such adaptation? It's in your club's home city, your fans are the majority, it's a decent pitch, world class facilities...

saint.nick

Coach
Yeah. I guess I was factoring in their ability to be able to buy their way out of trouble.

United will be doing the same too I suppose.
We've been saying that about United every year since Moyes was sacked though. Are they unlucky or is their recruitment strategy flawed?

Haffa

We've been saying that about United every year since Moyes was sacked though. Are they unlucky or is their recruitment strategy flawed?
Bit of both probably. The loss of Giggs, Scoles, Ferdinand and Neville hurt them. They've struggled to find experience and the academy isn't what it used to be. I don't expect Jose to be held down too long though.

saint.nick

Coach
Bit of both probably. The loss of Giggs, Scoles, Ferdinand and Neville hurt them. They've struggled to find experience and the academy isn't what it used to be. I don't expect Jose to be held down too long though.
I reckon he'll stay another 2 years max

Haffa

Why does it require such adaptation? It's in your club's home city, your fans are the majority, it's a decent pitch, world class facilities...
It's a soulless shit hole for starters. It takes time to settle into new surrounding's. The opportunity to play at Wembley will be a lift for visiting teams too.

Look at West Ham after their move, Arsenal at the Emirates, Southampton after leaving the Dell, Nice after their move.

It's also an hour away from Fulham Broadway on the Tube. The fans will still come but it's going to require some adaptation for players and fans. The club are working hard on it though to their credit.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Jose likes to spend big and buy trophies, buying depth players and bringing players though junior academies is not his thing.

saint.nick

Coach
It's a soulless shit hole for starters. It takes time to settle into new surrounding's. The opportunity to play at Wembley will be a lift for visiting teams too.

Look at West Ham after their move, Arsenal at the Emirates, Southampton after leaving the Dell, Nice after their move.

It's also an hour away from Fulham Broadway on the Tube. The fans will still come but it's going to require some adaptation for players and fans. The club are working hard on it though to their credit.
I'm not entirely sold, Arsenal have been shit ever since their move because they were saving money after the stadium expenditure and now it's come to knowledge that Wenger is past it. West Ham have struggled because Bilic has mismanaged them

Haffa

Sure there are always other factors but you can't deny teams travelling to Wembley won't be extra up for it. Facilities wise Wembley is good for one offs but if you're going there every week it's a different story.

It's going to take some adjustments, Spurs tried to get ahead of the game and it's resulted in a heap of losses with another to come in the cup.

saint.nick

Coach
Sure there are always other factors but you can't deny teams travelling to Wembley won't be extra up for it. Facilities wise Wembley is good for one offs but if you're going there every week it's a different story.

It's going to take some adjustments, Spurs tried to get ahead of the game and it's resulted in a heap of losses with another to come in the cup.
Well they make stadium-hopping teams like saints and tigers look like the peak of professionalism

thorson1987

Coach
Chelsea with a slight slip up. Still can't see them not winning it.

Man U having a draw and us winning put us back to 6 points clear of them with Man U having 2 games in hand, one of those against Citeh.

Citeh beating Arsenal tonight will see them jump up to 3rd.

Latest posts