What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 captain

Sime_11

Juniors
1. Moylan will be a panther for life
2. They will build the team around Moylan
3. Writing is indeed on the wall for Wallace, with the Pearce drama, perhaps Wal might be in tri colours this season - but doubt it will happen.

to me it so of feels like a Steve Smith situation when he was named Captain of Australia, it was unexpected to happen so soon (I think we all saw Moyza as a future captain).

Here's hoping he does a good job on and off the field :)

betcats

Referee
Or maybe 1 in defence and 6 in attack?

I'd be flabbergasted if Moylan isn't named at 1 for the first game.

Im still expecting him to start at 1, but Griffin was playing his cards close to his chest, they even asked where would he play the first half in that case and he said "matts the captain ill let him choose"

But it does just seem like a matter of time now, they wouldn't be training him in the halves if they didn't intend to try it out.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Griffin simply did not rate Wallace at all when at the Broncos, and I can't imagine that a Wallace that is two years older is suddenly now in his plans. He'll probably get a token run out early in the season and then hopefully just be mothballed asap.

TheFrog

Coach
Griffin simply did not rate Wallace at all when at the Broncos, and I can't imagine that a Wallace that is two years older is suddenly now in his plans. He'll probably get a token run out early in the season and then hopefully just be mothballed asap.

Wallace played in every first grade game for the Broncos in his last year at the club (2013), the final 7 off the bench. Hunt was preferred in the starting side. Griffin could have dropped Wallace to the reggies, but didn't. I think this suggest he had a fair amount of time for him.

Brisbane won just 3 of those 7 games, and missed the finals by 2 wins.

Don't be surprised if Wallace sees some action off the bench again this year. I do believe he has something to offer us, but he has to remain healthy.

Last edited:

Rhyno

First Grade
Your life :lol:

Money Money Yeah Yeah I live the party lifestyle baby. I was born into a family if millionaires while u live on struggle street

Congrats on finally making a post with out using the word merkin I don't think you know what that word means

betcats

Referee

Yeah 2 years plus 2 knee recos isn't going to improve his opinion of Wallace. Griffin said during the Moylan press conference that Wallace had a lot on his plate just coming back and they want to focus on getting fit and getting his media career going so the writing is on the wall clearly.

MrAnonymous

Bench
Money Money Yeah Yeah I live the party lifestyle baby. I was born into a family if millionaires while u live on struggle street

Congrats on finally making a post with out using the word merkin I don't think you know what that word means

Shut up you spastic strange merkin.

franklin2323

Immortal
Wallace played in every first grade game for the Broncos in his last year at the club (2013), the final 7 off the bench. Hunt was preferred in the starting side. Griffin could have dropped Wallace to the reggies, but didn't. I think this suggest he had a fair amount of time for him.

Brisbane won just 3 of those 7 games, and missed the finals by 2 wins.

Don't be surprised if Wallace sees some action off the bench again this year. I do believe he has something to offer us, but he has to remain healthy.

I think our 4th bench spot will be a back of some sort. Hopefully that's Martin and they switch as the game goes on

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors

You embarrass me. I don't even know you.

But i feel embarrassed by you, and for you, whenever you type something on here.

You're hated much like Mitchell Pearce, but i also hold a certain sorriness for you, because of everyone's opinion of you. Which is you are just a complete knobb, and that is so true.

Blues Riff

Bench
User CP - Options and Settings - Edit Ignore list.
Type in "Rhyno", "Mr Obnoxious" or "Blues Riff" for that matter.
Too easy.
Go the Panthers.

mxlegend99

Referee

You're the one who doesn't know what it means. Merkin is what this site changes the word cunt to say. He's not typing it himself. It's being censored.

Just do the reverse and read it as cunt everytime you see it.

The Teach

Juniors
I think we need to stop feeding the troll. We all know he's only having a go at matty Moylan cos his own fullback ran away to the USA to get away from his pathetic club..

GongPanther

Referee
User CP - Options and Settings - Edit Ignore list.
Type in "Rhyno", "Mr Obnoxious" or "Blues Riff" for that matter.
Too easy.
Go the Panthers.

Thanks Blues Riff,wasn't aware of that.

Now if everyone applied this maneuver...:lol::lol::lol:

Blues Riff

Bench
No probs Gong. I had to go looking for it myself.

Did you see this list of Penrith captains younger than Moyza? - from the Panthers website.

- Phil Gould - 20 years and 103 days (1978)
- Brad Fittler - 20 years and 200 days (1992)
- Ian McKechnie - 21 years and 225 days (1971)
- Greg Alexander - 21 and 95 days (1986)
- Noel Sing - 22 and 349 days (1971)
- Craig Gower - 22 years and 49 days (2000)
- Grahame Moran - 23 years and TBC days (1971)
- Mark Geyer - 23 years and 156 days (1991)
- Darryl Brohman - 23 years and 287 days (1980)
- Royce Simmons - 23 years and 39 days (1983)
- Zac Olejarnik - 23 years and 75 days (1975)
- James Segeyaro - 24 years and 158 days (2015)
- Ryan Girdler - 24 years and 214 days (1997)
- Tony Puletua - 24 years and 247 days (2004)

TheFrog

Coach
This appears to be when players ran first ran onto the field as captain. That is quite different to being made Club Captain.

Moylan would probably have made it earlier himself had he not been injured last year. The side really was scratching for captains at one stage there.

GongPanther

Referee
No probs Gong. I had to go looking for it myself.

Did you see this list of Penrith captains younger than Moyza? - from the Panthers website.

- Phil Gould - 20 years and 103 days (1978)
- Brad Fittler - 20 years and 200 days (1992)
- Ian McKechnie - 21 years and 225 days (1971)
- Greg Alexander - 21 and 95 days (1986)
- Noel Sing - 22 and 349 days (1971)
- Craig Gower - 22 years and 49 days (2000)
- Grahame Moran - 23 years and TBC days (1971)
- Mark Geyer - 23 years and 156 days (1991)
- Darryl Brohman - 23 years and 287 days (1980)
- Royce Simmons - 23 years and 39 days (1983)
- Zac Olejarnik - 23 years and 75 days (1975)
- James Segeyaro - 24 years and 158 days (2015)
- Ryan Girdler - 24 years and 214 days (1997)
- Tony Puletua - 24 years and 247 days (2004)

Yes I did...lots of memories from the likes of Olejarnik,McKechnie,Moran and Sing.Never forget the day when Peter Langmack scored 6 tries in the one match against St George.

Scoring three tries as a forward was rare in itself.But to score 6 in one game,and every time he scored a try after his third,you could feel the roaring of approval that got louder and louderin the cheering.

Latest posts