What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Wk 3 Prelim - Sharks 32-20 Cowboys @ Allianz Stadium

Preliminary Finals: Sharks v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2016 - Preliminary Finals
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks v North Queensland Cowboys
Allianz Stadium, Moore Park (TICKETS)
Friday 23 September 2016

Gates 2:45pm / U20s (PEN v NQL) 2:55pm / U20s (SGI v SYD) 5:15pm / NRL 7:55pm

CRO-16teamlist.png

1. Ben Barba 2. Sosaia Feki 3. Jack Bird 4. Ricky Leutele 5. Valentine Holmes 6. James Maloney 7. Chad Townsend 8. Andrew Fifita 9. Michael Ennis 10. Matt Prior 11. Luke Lewis 12. Wade Graham 13. Paul Gallen
Interchange: 14. Gerard Beale 15. Chris Heighington 16. Kurt Capewell 17. Jayson Bukuya 18. Sam Tagataese

NQL-16teamlist.png

1. Lachlan Coote 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Justin O'Neill 4. Kane Linnett 5. Javid Bowen 6. Michael Morgan 7. Johnathan Thurston 8. Matthew Scott 9. Jake Granville 10. James Tamou 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Coen Hess 13. Jason Taumalolo
Interchange: 14. Rory Kostjasyn 15. John Asiata 16. Scott Bolton 17. Ben Hannant

REF-RED-2016-150.jpg

Referees: Ben Cummins, Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Brett Suttor, Chris Butler
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Luke Patten, Ashley Klein

ISP NSW
Newtown
play Illawarra Sun 18 Sep for a place in the Grand Final

Head to Head
Overall 40 - Sharks 24 Cowboys 16
At Allianz 1 - Sharks 1 Cowboys 0
Finals 2 - Sharks 1 Cowboys 1
Last 5 - Sharks 3 Cowboys 2

Last Meeting
2016 Round 14 - Sharks 13 Cowboys 10 at Southern Cross Group Stadium

Biggest winning margins
2000 - Sharks 42 Cowboys 6 at Southern Cross Group Stadium (36 points)
2005 - Cowboys 56 Sharks 14 at 1300SMILES Stadium (42 points)​

Last edited by a moderator:
Cows have so little time to get ready for this one. I still think they are a great chance though. The money for the Sharks is pretty good though. Sharks 20-18 off a 7 tackle set.

blaza88z

Coach
Cowboys are favourites, which does surprise me but at the same time I will tip the Cowboys, just have more class in the halves for mine

ed-grimley

Bench
I'd like to see the Sharks win this one and triumph in the GF but JT will probably pull another trick out of his butt.

Shorty

Staff member
We aren't consistently good away from home and Manly booted us out of the finals quite a few times so it probably makes sense.

The_Shield

Juniors
Don't really care that much who wins this game, as long as the Storm win the other. But if the Raiders upset Melbourne then I want the Cowboys to win this. Don't want the sharks winning the grand final

Puntoue

Juniors
Sharks to win with the score line to be roughly 30-18.

Reckon it'll be close for the majority of the game but fatigue from last week will kick in for the Cowboys and the Sharks will run in a couple tries in the final 10 minutes.

This Year?

Immortal
I can't tip either side with any confidence but both these sides have had amazing seasons. The Cowboys just find a way to win and their defence of their premiership has been something to behold and their fans should be very proud.

The rise of the Sharks is good to see for the underdog and I think they've been tanking for the last month for this moment. Their game against the Storm was their dress rehearsal and they know what they have to do.

This is gonna be epic.