What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

BuffaloRules

Coach
No crowd under 10k is ever acceptable for a supposed top tier sport.

Agree...

Criticise all equally... Even if it's a non Sydney club...

I know that doesn't really help you get a Perth team though, as they are unlikely to chop a non Sydney team to bring in Perth...

That is your angle right?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nope, they aren't cutting anyone, they clearly are happy to throw good money after bad. Only hope for expansion now is that all 16 clubs miraculously become financially strong, I'm not holding my breath!

I call it as I see it, under 10k is sht, if in Sydney, Auckland or Perth. Under 15k isn't much better. The games tripled its income, got independent ownership and somehow managed to make itself less popular.

Re Sydney, it's supposed to be our heartland, our strength, so yes I think it's fair to expect it to reflect that in crowds. Oh and many games have the benefit of two sets of fans being able to attend unlike one team cities.

Some hope with scheduling and new stadiums but then I thought the same with independent ownership and a massive tv deal in 2012 and look how that has turned out.

Reactions: Vee

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Parra v another Sydney team will get 27k and you will see hardly any of the away team colours in crowd

But out of state team.. low teens if lucky

Weird

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Not relevant to the Broncos v Eels match.

But PR, CT and all the other crowd whingers need to be prepared for 'low' crowds over the next few weeks as 7 teams are out of the running for the finals.

It's very rare in the nrl that final spots are so settled this far out and you'd expect this to be reflected in the crowds of teams on the outer.