What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Zadar

Juniors
Nope, they aren't cutting anyone, they clearly are happy to throw good money after bad. Only hope for expansion now is that all 16 clubs miraculously become financially strong, I'm not holding my breath!

I call it as I see it, under 10k is sht, if in Sydney, Auckland or Perth. Under 15k isn't much better. The games tripled its income, got independent ownership and somehow managed to make itself less popular.

Re Sydney, it's supposed to be our heartland, our strength, so yes I think it's fair to expect it to reflect that in crowds. Oh and many games have the benefit of two sets of fans being able to attend unlike one team cities.

Some hope with scheduling and new stadiums but then I thought the same with independent ownership and a massive tv deal in 2012 and look how that has turned out.

If Sydney was a one city town like Brisbane or Melbourne, of course you would get bigger crowds, but when you break down teams like easts who have a population of about 250k, Cronulla (220k) manly(poor buggers only have a population of 40k, definitely punching above their weight when they get 1/3 of their population to their games)

The one team cities and countries should have it all over the poor Sydney teams.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Not relevant to the Broncos v Eels match.

But PR, CT and all the other crowd whingers need to be prepared for 'low' crowds over the next few weeks as 7 teams are out of the running for the finals.

It's very rare in the nrl that final spots are so settled this far out and you'd expect this to be reflected in the crowds of teams on the outer.

but we'd also expect teams in the finals , certainly one that hasn't appeared in 8 years to do a damn site better then 12K , theres no excusing that crap crowd from last night , it should have been 20K minimum.
ANZ is 10-15 minutes approx from church street, it was awful.

Raiderdave

First Grade
If Sydney was a one city town like Brisbane or Melbourne, of course you would get bigger crowds, but when you break down teams like easts who have a population of about 250k, Cronulla (220k) manly(poor buggers only have a population of 40k, definitely punching above their weight when they get 1/3 of their population to their games)

The one team cities and countries should have it all over the poor Sydney teams.
hahaha
Since when has Manly had only 40K people to draw on ?
what you think only people with the post code 2095 can follow them
theres in excess of 180K in the suburbs which fall into the manly area

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore

I keep hearing Sydney has 5million people and that's why it needs nine teams? Which is it?

Burns

First Grade
Glorious weather in Newcastle. Kids Free day today with all adult ticket purchases, might push 20,000 today.

dogz08

First Grade
Just when things started to look on the up you then get 3 duff crowds.
Duff-Man.jpg

Raiderdave

First Grade
Good on the Knights fans.
Can't say the same for the pride of the league fans.

seriously if the knights with 12000 members running dead last & having won about 5 games in the last 2 years can get 15,000
then why cant a team with apparently 32,000 members & premiers just 3 years ago
get half that number ?

the non sydney teams again show how their clubs & this game of ours should be supported
soft , lazy , passionless Sydneysiders
take note !!

BuffaloRules

Coach
8pm ... 7c in Auckland

5.30 pm 22c in Sydney

yeah no
the warriors crowd was underwhelming
the souths crowd... pathetic

They are both shit but none of you interstate types whinge about the non Sydney crowds..

Temperature at the Gold Coast tomorrow might be even warmer so interesting to see how many they can get...

Raiderdave

First Grade
They are both shit but none of you interstate types whinge about the non Sydney crowds..

Temperature at the Gold Coast tomorrow might be even warmer so interesting to see how many they can get...

im thinking they'll do better then Souths did tonight
9112 apparently