What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 GF | PREMIERS - Storm 34-6 Cowboys @ ANZ

Grand Final: Storm v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

footy75

Bench
Roosters made so many mistakes last night really giving the Cows a leg up.

Not sure the Storm will be so careless.

Smack

Coach
Yah, except some butthurt Broncos fans.
I'd love for us to win this game, Storm will actually respect the Cows though so it's going to be a really tough ask.
I still believe though.

As you should believe. You have a solid team across the park and one of the best coaches in the game. Red hot form of Morgan and Taumalolo.

This will be a close one and Storm no doubt will be favorites.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Roosters made so many mistakes last night really giving the Cows a leg up.

Not sure the Storm will be so careless.
We have made plenty of uncharacteristic mistakes in both finals so far.

Cowboys completion rate has been very good, they've simply applied the blowtorch and the sharks, eels and roosters cracked.

The storm can't afford to give them a sniff. If nqld get one, the storm are in for trouble

Tommy Smith

Referee
I think the Storms goal line defence will win them the game.

They're clinical enough to score the 3 tries they need and will then defend their way to victory.

Storm 20
Cowboys 6

Valheru

Coach
Unfortunately what we have here is the most predictable GF in recent memory, certainly since 2011.

It may sound like sour grapes but it would have been the same with the chooks there (perhaps more so).

Storm 13+ is a moral.

Grapple

Bench
What a fantastic match up. Both quality teams with experienced and composed players. You'd have to say Melbourne have more talent, but if Cowboys have showed anything, it's that RL is still a pretty simple game if you don't panic and get the basics right.

I'm really interested to see Melbourne's tactics. You'd think they could pressure Morgan all game, and subsequently make North Queensland rely on TMM, Coote and Granville for attacking options. I personally think they will target TMM hard and put pressure on the young bloke in such a big game.

The only way Melbourne gets beaten is if you rattle them, which shakes their structure. Parra and even Brisbane showed that to a degree. Are The Cowboys a team that can do that? Not sure.... and Melbourne will be even more aware of keeping their cool given those two games.

I'm behind Cowboys all the way. Love everything about this team so far in the finals, but I think they'll come up short.

Melbourne 20
Cowboys 12

Tommy Smith

Referee
Unfortunately what we have here is the most predictable GF in recent memory, certainly since 2011.

It may sound like sour grapes but it would have been the same with the chooks there (perhaps more so).

Storm 13+ is a moral.
2014 was utterly predictable.

How about the pre game bell ringing like it was a Souffs home game? FMD.

Maybe the NRL will get Brian Waldron on the pitch pre game for a symbolic double contract signing.

Valheru

Coach
2014 was utterly predictable.

How about the pre game bell ringing like it was a Souffs home game? FMD.

Maybe the NRL will get Brian Waldron on the pitch pre game for a symbolic double contract signing.

Yeah that's true.

The carry on around souffs was vomit inducing culminating in the giving of the keys to the city.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I can't see the Cowboys scoring enough points to beat the superb defence of the Storm. I don't know why people get the idea that the Storm are jittery, they still beat the Broncos 30-0 the other night even after a shaky first half and have lost only 2 games all season with the big 3, the best game managers in the business.

Cowboys have done brilliantly to make the GF and beaten 3 teams that weren't willing to tough it out. The Storm won't fall into the same trap, considering they've been the best team all year and they want to make up for losing last year AND they want to farewell Cronk with a title.

Cowboys will be brave again but the Storm should win this by 2 or 3 tries. It will probably be a similar scoreline to the last time they met (i.e. Storm win 26-8) Also I just can't tip a team that came 8th to win a premiership, even though they've made the GF.

Vee

First Grade
We have made plenty of uncharacteristic mistakes in both finals so far.
This. No-one is talking about Melbourne's uncharacteristically high error rate in the first half of both of their last two games.

Cowboys won't beat themselves and if Melbourne repeat this in the GF, we're a chance.

stryker

First Grade
Ive had arguments with a moron on another forum that RL is a simple game.
Complete your sets, make your tackles, have your team mates back, run your plays as you have practiced them and dont give in. If you do all that you are a good chance of the win.
Cowboys do all this. So do Melbourne. She'll be a tight GF but the big 3 should get the premiership.

Having said that, this experience for the Cowboys is priceless moving forward.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Ive had arguments with a moron on another forum that RL is a simple game.
Complete your sets, make your tackles, have your team mates back, run your plays as you have practiced them and dont give in. If you do all that you are a good chance of the win.
Cowboys do all this. So do Melbourne. She'll be a tight GF but the big 3 should get the premiership.

Having said that, this experience for the Cowboys is priceless moving forward.
Exactly right that's how my boys were getting wins at the end of the season

Going to be a bigger upset than 1997 if the cowboys manage to do it though

WaznTheGreat

Referee
That echo has lasted 3 weeks.

Nah none of those 3 wins were a surprise

Teams never win the GF back to back so no surprise they beat the Sharks
Eels always choke so no surprise they beat the Eels
Roosters lose prelim finals more than anyone so no surprise they beat the Roosters

Storm are the first non chokers they will be up against this finals series.

Storm 40-6