What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 internationals (non World Cup).

adamkungl

Immortal
Serbia 50 Greece 8
Not sure if Serbia are going to play Bulgaria?

Edit:
Greece as winners vs Bulgaria winner got to play Serbia for the Balkan Cup.
The loser, Bulgaria, played a Serbia XIII B team in the curtain raiser, in which Serbia B won 50-20.

All in all sounds like a solid few days of footy.
Serbia a class above and doing great work in developing the game among their neighbours, but I don't think they don't play stronger opposition often enough.
Need to line up matches vs the likes of Lebanon, Canada, USA, Jamaica, Ireland, Wales and get players into semi-pro and professional systems in France and England if they ever want to progress to a WC quality team.

Last edited:

Jim from Oz

Juniors
Serbia 50 Greece 8
Not sure if Serbia are going to play Bulgaria?

Edit:
Greece as winners vs Bulgaria winner got to play Serbia for the Balkan Cup.
The loser, Bulgaria, played a Serbia XIII B team in the curtain raiser, in which Serbia B won 50-20.

All in all sounds like a solid few days of footy.
Serbia a class above and doing great work in developing the game among their neighbours, but I don't think they don't play stronger opposition often enough.
Need to line up matches vs the likes of Lebanon, Canada, USA, Jamaica, Ireland, Wales and get players into semi-pro and professional systems in France and England if they ever want to progress to a WC quality team.
All great – but what happened to Bosnia???

adamkungl

Immortal
All great – but what happened to Bosnia???

Nfi - I've only got the scraps that google translate can spit out from their FB pages/whatever RLIF bother to report.

Information on most of what goes on in these grassroots internationals is extremely flimsy beyond the scoreline. Would be good if we could convince people from each developing nation to get on here! But they'd likely be driven off by the constant negativity.

Force

Juniors
Has Josh Mansour joined the Kangaroos squad cos I have seen his name on the Lebanon team to play Niue this weekend as their warm-up game for the World Cup.

adamkungl

Immortal
Sydney fans this Saturday we have
Warm up match
Lebanon v Niue @ Leichhardt

AND
Malta v Hungary @ Cabramatta
with curtain raisers
u16s Malta Heritage v Italy Heritage
u18s Italy Heritage v Philippines
Latin Heat v Africa United

Last edited:

siv

First Grade
I saw Malta playing Hungary in Liverpool yesterday being live streamed. Didnt catch the final result

kbw

Bench
The Lebanon Niue game was pretty physical the score something like 26-10 Lebanon's way.
Tim Mannah and Mitchell Moses did not play. I don't think the Lebanon boys were overly happy with their performance but it was their first hit out.

The Australian based Lebanese Women played Australian based Fiji Women in a cracker of a game as an opener. The defense was terrific with the Lebanese Women winning 8-6

Coparugby

Juniors
The Lebanon Niue game was pretty physical the score something like 26-10 Lebanon's way.
Tim Mannah and Mitchell Moses did not play. I don't think the Lebanon boys were overly happy with their performance but it was their first hit out.

The Australian based Lebanese Women played Australian based Fiji Women in a cracker of a game as an opener. The defense was terrific with the Lebanese Women winning 8-6
0E6FF571-A73D-46D6-9556-B8ABDC72DBBA.jpeg

Reactions: kbw

adamkungl

Immortal
There is a 4N event scheduled for Thailand in November 5-8 including Thailand, Philippines and Hungary. Not sure of format or anything. South Africa were due to participate but pulled out.
Source: Thai XIII facebook

Latest posts