What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Jerseys, Logos, Sponsor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdalymc

Bench
Off topic I know, but it's not AFL so I hope no one minds too much. But given this thread is full of jersey and logo nerds, thought you all might appreciate this rebrand of the Adelaide 36ers NBL. From Royal to navy blue. Sweet logo too, symmetry is nice.

From this:
798B18C9-212E-415C-AC01-C3B1D47EE45F.png

To this:
EE0FB8FE-74ED-47E7-B223-38115312EA31.jpeg
Why is there a bird on it

Nuke

Staff member
While a nice nod to history, having that name (which admittedly I've heard most of my life but never knew what it was or cared enough to look it up!) and that SA coat-of-arms bird all incorporated, geez it's full of obscure references!

Uniqueness gets them 10/10 though.

That NBL logo is terrible though. I've thought that since I first saw it a couple of years ago. So bland.

Saint Doc

Coach
That NBL logo is terrible though. I've thought that since I first saw it a couple of years ago. So bland.

Have to disagree there. Best NBL logo they've ever had IMO. Previous ones have been disasters, especially the one previous to this. Simple ("bland") is what you want in an organisation logo. Think of the NBA logo, very simple.

9B8A41CA-ED17-4724-92E7-CCF8A9D7A731.jpg

0141FE2B-F5FA-4FA2-BBA6-45881B848434.jpg

BDB5C1FA-D9E3-47A7-830C-9B69CCAE34A8.jpg

E24A6DDF-2AC1-476F-BE74-D5CA2E8B1DC9.jpg

5F1CCB08-1439-4765-9B65-754468BB2DAE.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
Have to disagree there. Best NBL logo they've ever had IMO. Previous ones have been disasters, especially the one previous to this. Simple ("bland") is what you want in an organisation logo. Think of the NBA logo, very simple.

9B8A41CA-ED17-4724-92E7-CCF8A9D7A731.jpg

0141FE2B-F5FA-4FA2-BBA6-45881B848434.jpg

BDB5C1FA-D9E3-47A7-830C-9B69CCAE34A8.jpg

E24A6DDF-2AC1-476F-BE74-D5CA2E8B1DC9.jpg

5F1CCB08-1439-4765-9B65-754468BB2DAE.jpg
I like it too. Wont get confused with any other comp in Australia (the last one kind of looked like the A-League logo) and its stylistically similar to a lot of NBA team logos from the 60's and 70's.

Rooster8

Juniors
Like many predicted on here, this weekend ISC clubs will wear their marvel jerseys. Interesting to see if the players actually wear the jersey advertised as it is on the old ISC jersey design, or the marvel heros are intergrated onto the new ISC jersey template.
Either way, will be interesting to see.

Saint Doc

Coach
Like many predicted on here, this weekend ISC clubs will wear their marvel jerseys. Interesting to see if the players actually wear the jersey advertised as it is on the old ISC jersey design, or the marvel heros are intergrated onto the new ISC jersey template.

Maybe they had excess supply of the old template materials and decided to use them up? Or maybe they've decided to go back to the old template from next year and this is the start?

NRL_CAD_Antman_2_1024x1024.jpg

Rooster8

Juniors
It's not like letting me upload the photo, but I saw a photo posted by the Brisbane Broncos and the jersey will be exactly like the ones advertised (template and all), except they will have gel dots on the chest (obviously).
That's a surprise for me, as I was expecting ISC to use their still fairly new jersey template, especially if not on the supporter jersey, than on the players issued ones.

LESStar58

Referee

So Melbourne won't wear theirs at a home game?

GAZF

First Grade
Maybe they had excess supply of the old template materials and decided to use them up? Or maybe they've decided to go back to the old template from next year and this is the start?

NRL_CAD_Antman_2_1024x1024.jpg
I'm guessing that the collar on the old template works better with the complex styles. The new collar would cut off the sublimated pattern more awkwardly.

callmack1

Staff member
ISC using the old template is surprising and kind of dumb/un professional imo. Makes me glad that my club doesn't have a marvel jersey, we have the superman one instead.

Rooster8

Juniors
Not the clearest photo, but the only player cut marvel jersey I could find.

I understand that ISC might have wanted more space to illustrate the design on the jersey. But they can't brag about how more efficient their new jersey design is for the modern athlete with all the new and 'leading-edge' technology on it, while making them still run around in 2015's jersey.

I have nothing against ISC, especially as a roosters supporter. In fact, they are my favourite sports manufacturer. It just confuses me, but I guess it has some significant reasons behind it.
IMG_7290.JPG

mistertaylor

Juniors
I don't like the ISC 2016 template. Sleeves are too long and on skinny people like me, my cowboys jersey makes me look even skinnier.

Status
Not open for further replies.