What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 NFL Draft

zombie jesus

Staff member
Thought I'd start this up, Senior Bowl coming up and people focusing on next season.

I have no idea at this stage, I pay little attention to college stuff... so get nikking, draftniks, show us your mocks! Where are the strengths and weaknesses of this class? Who's going to rise and fall over the next few months? How many hours have you logged on Draft Breakdown? Will Mel Kiper do something about his hair? Will the Mike Mayock conference call break the 12 hour barrier? How badly will the Browns stuff up their two top 12 picks?

nick87

Coach
Im excited for this draft. It's a really important one for the eagles. I'd love to get Corey Davis or Mike Williams

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I'd be loading up on defense in this draft, but I think Shanahan is going to try and build the offense.

I suppose a lot depends on free agency. Get a decent NT and our ability to stop the run will improve. I think there's some decent linebackers in the 2nd/3rd round who could provide an immediate upgrade so combine the 2 and that would at least be some improvement on defense.

Shorty

Staff member
PLEASE Jerry! Cowboys need a pass rusher!!
I'm interested to see what CLE will do, I am leaning toward them not drafting a QB in the first round....Kessler played quite well last year considering.
Watson has declined senior bowl....not necessarily a good look.

DC_fan

Coach

The two obvious positions of need for the Cowboys are a pass rushing DE and a shutdown corner.

We need someone who consistently can get to the qb. This season our top sacker was Mayowa who finished with 6. Not too many teams will win the SB with that stat. However, there is a couple of young DE's I believe I could help us a lot in pass rushing. They being David Irving who showed a lot of potential this season finishing with 4 sacks. The other, was rookie Charles Tapper who because of injury did not play this season. You could add DT Malik Collins to this list. Collins finished with 5 sacks in this his rookie season. I believe these three young men show potential to be very good pass rushers.

Corner is going to be of big concern for the Cowboys. There is talk that Carr will retire and Claiborne maybe at another team next season. If this happens then then the Cowboys will need to look for another corner. Rookie CB Anthony Brown impressed me this season and looks to be a player of the future. Just needs to work out a few kinks in his game.

what happens with free agency will influence what happens in the draft. But at this stage I would be looking for a corner.

shiznit

Coach
I'm interested to see what CLE will do, I am leaning toward them not drafting a QB in the first round....Kessler played quite well last year considering.
Watson has declined senior bowl....not necessarily a good look.
Trade Romo to Cleveland for #1

Garrett @ #1

Lol... well it sounded easy in my head anyway...

Shorty

Staff member
Trade Romo to Cleveland for #1

Garrett @ #1

Lol... well it sounded easy in my head anyway...
I don't think Romo wants a lowly team, I heard he was looking at Denver or KC.
Though I'd love that Houston trade.

I think the Browns should look at Tyrod Taylor.

Patrick Mahomes is an intriguing project in the 2nd round, he is projected to go higher but I can't get over how bad his footwork is.

Tom155

Coach
Brad Kaaya out of the U is the kid I'm intrigued by the most in this QB class...
He hasn't progressed like I thought he would, was really impressed when I saw him play as a freshman, still has potential as a developmental project though

Tom155

Coach
An underrated guy to keep an eye on is Eddie Jackson safety from Alabama terrific player leader type who contributes on special teams as well, his leg injury has made him slip under the radar of a lot of people.

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
He hasn't progressed like I thought he would, was really impressed when I saw him play as a freshman, still has potential as a developmental project though

Yup that's what intrigues me about him....

He's got some serious arm talent... and he can play from under centre...

So I think he could be interesting on day 2 for maybe a team like the Cardinals, Saints or Chargers who have aging QBs.

Even NE... if Jimmy G. Gets traded away Bellicheck might consider him to sit behind Brissett.

Haffa

An underrated guy to keep an eye on is Eddie Jackson safety from Alabama terrific player leader type who contributes on special teams as well, his leg injury has made him slip under the radar of a lot of people.
If he didn't fracture his leg he is easily a mid first round pick. I can see Atlanta taking him if all the other safeties are off the table or if he has a decent combine.

T-Boon

Coach
I don't think Romo wants a lowly team, I heard he was looking at Denver or KC.
Though I'd love that Houston trade.

I think the Browns should look at Tyrod Taylor.

Patrick Mahomes is an intriguing project in the 2nd round, he is projected to go higher but I can't get over how bad his footwork is.

Houston would trade Whitney Mercilus, Brock Osweiler and a second round draft pick for Romo.

Interesting he calls JJ Watt injury prone - when he missed a game last season he was pissed because he hadn't missed a game his entire career including High school.

Tom155

Coach
This guy is getting a ton of hype right now, very interested to see him during senior bowl week

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The Deshaun Watson hype train is back in full effect. Would love for the Browns to get caught up in it. Go on Browns, snag that QB.

abpanther

Staff member
I think this is a great draft for edge rushers, so many I like: Derek Barnett, Tim Williams, Taco
Charlton, Myles Garrett, Charles Harris, DeMarcus Walker, T.J. Watt, and possibly Ryan Anderson. I'm also very keen to see how Derek Rivers (Youngstown) at the Senior Bowl

I've also been watching more of Soloman Thomas and I don't think there's that much between him and Jonathan Allen. Allen is bigger but Thomas is quicker